• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Deadline 2023: February 9th.

JayBirdHawk

15 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Who says no to Jerami Grant for John Collins?

I feel like that is a perfect swap. Grant doesn't disappear in games as much as John. 

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/2991070/jerami-grant

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/3908845/john-collins

Now, as far as defense and rebounding.. will need some serious work to get that back up.

I wouldn't do it because Grant will ask for just as much if not more than Collins got in FA with a chance for us to lose him for nothing.   That and if you add in how much Trae and Murray keep the ball Grants numbers more than likely go down to about 15 a game instead of 20. So now you have a guy who is a little better than Collins on offense but is a downgrade on defense and rebounding the 2 things we need the most.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Threezus said:

That and if you add in how much Trae and Murray keep the ball Grants numbers more than likely go down to about 15 a game instead of 20.

I think many people don't see this.    Trae and the scheme has a direct effect on the successfulness of JC or whoever we have in that position on offense.   

People believe that JC is unreliable on offense?  Where?  Especially last year... where?  JC is a player that can do it all and his 3 pter is starting to come back after getting used to boutineer's disease.   However, His touches in this system with Trae will never be like Amare used to get.   That's the thing that Trae has to learn to do... BUILD a Player.    Nash BUILT Amare.  At the same time, Nash found his way to shine.  That's why D'Antoni should be in our conversation.  He coaches that.   Nate can't.   Sometimes, it's like Nate says.. alright, yall go out there and be patient and score. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Most of Amick's column today in The Athletic is same-old-same-old repackaged as-if worth reading.

"John Collins most likely to be traded yada yada yada..."

There's really only one thing I found plausibly interesting:

But league sources say the Hawks have no shortage of trade interest in Bogdan Bogdanovic as well — as in “half the league is calling” type stuff.

That surprises me in one way, but then I'm led to think that "trade interest" is probably generated out of the notion that, between his knees and his 2023-24 player option, "half the league is calling" because they figure there's a buy-low deal to be struck.

So. Nah. Not all that interesting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Most of Amick's column today in The Athletic is same-old-same-old repackaged as-if worth reading.

That surprises me in one way, but then I'm led to think that "trade interest" is probably generated out of the notion that, between his knees and his 2023-24 player option, "half the league is calling" because they figure there's a buy-low deal to be struck.

image.thumb.png.ad6e585ec546cc5ebab2779684a690a3.png

+ 3 Picks to Utah - Phoenix 2026 FRP and 2 Hawks 2026 & 2028 SRP. Ainge would do it, Hawks would do it, Suns would do it. If anything, got to explain to Utah they are upgrading to Bogi and getting Jae off the payroll as dead weight. Might have to sweeten the deal for them somehow but that's it.

Edited by theheroatl

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

image.thumb.png.ad6e585ec546cc5ebab2779684a690a3.png

+ 3 Picks to Utah - Phoenix 2026 FRP and 2 Hawks 2026 & 2028 SRP. Ainge would do it, Hawks would do it, Suns would do it. If anything, got to explain to Utah they are upgrading to Bogi and getting Jae off the payroll as dead weight. Might have to sweeten the deal for them somehow but that's it.

Hmmm.

1. Crowder's more of a PF these days than SF... so our take is effectively 3 PFs and some cap reduction?

2. Suns have been reported to have interest in BogBog for a year or so, and of course there's the talk about Jazz linked to Collins. That much sounds plausible.

3. Replace NAW with Vanderbilt, and Suns would be content with their intake, imo.

4. Conceivable to me that Jazz would bite, but I've not paid attention to Jazz discussions for several weeks now, so I'd acquiesce to others on that.

5. Crowder to MIL seems really, really likely given the news of the last couple of days.

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, shakes said:

That is a strange title for an article that doesn't say they are actually dropping their asking price but instead says they are focused on getting back quality players:

Sources tell Sam Amick of The Athletic that they've dropped their mandate for a first round pick and are instead focused on landing a quality player, or players, in return for Collins.

The Hawks are more focused on salvaging the current season rather than recouping assets that were sent out to the San Antonio Spurs for Dejounte Murray.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Ahhh.. just more of the same re-spin. Sam Amick and some of these writers run on fumes sometimes.

That's a polite way of saying they literally repackage and make up senses of urgency on stale info that was questionable to begin with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, sturt said:

I wouldn't put it pass us to float the rumor that there's interest in Bogi to garner interest in Bogi. 

I don't think Phoenix will do a Crowder for Bogi deal even though Crowder hasn't played 1 minute this season and probably won't for the Suns.  But as we get closer to the deadline, Phoenix will get desperate and if they think that there's interest in Bogi, maybe they will say F it and trade for him. 

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, AHF said:

That is a strange title for an article that doesn't say they are actually dropping their asking price but instead says they are focused on getting back quality players:

I wouldn't be surprised if this is other teams trying to make the Hawks front office lower the price on JC. 

They have to believe that we're desperate to trade JC.  Which I don't think we are.  However, they will run these stories about us trying to move JC until the 10th.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Since the season started: All John Collins all the Time!

1. Heat Discussed John Collins Trade With Hawks
2. The Phoenix Suns have shown interest in Collins, but they appear reluctant to take on long-term money [b]and to trade future first round picks[/b] due to the uncertainty of their ownership
3. Suns Interested In Harrison Barnes, Kyle Kuzma, KJ Martin, John Collins
4. Suns Not Interested In Trading For John Collins
5. Nets Recently 'Touched Based' With Hawks Over John Collins
6. Jazz, Wizards, Nets, Mavericks Interested In John Collins
7. Pacers Could Have Interest In Trading For John Collins
8. Jazz, Hawks, Suns Talked Three-Team Trade
9. Nets, Pacers, Jazz, Wizards All Pursuing John Collins
10. Jazz, Hawks Discuss John Collins For Malik Beasley, Jarred Vanderbilt

11. Hawks seeking big-time return for Collins - not quite like Gobert or Mitchel but something in the neighborhood
12. Pacers Connected To John Collins
13. Wizards, Jazz, Nets, Pacers Interested In Trading For John Collins
14. Pelicans Interested In John Collins
15. Pelicans Remain Interested In Trading For John Collins
16. Hawks Willing To Keep John Collins Beyond Trade Deadline
17. Hawks Significantly Decrease Asking Price In John Collins Trade

• Like 4

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Since the season started: All John Collins all the Time!

1. Heat Discussed John Collins Trade With Hawks
2. The Phoenix Suns have shown interest in Collins, but they appear reluctant to take on long-term money [b]and to trade future first round picks[/b] due to the uncertainty of their ownership
3. Suns Interested In Harrison Barnes, Kyle Kuzma, KJ Martin, John Collins
4. Suns Not Interested In Trading For John Collins
5. Nets Recently 'Touched Based' With Hawks Over John Collins
6. Jazz, Wizards, Nets, Mavericks Interested In John Collins
7. Pacers Could Have Interest In Trading For John Collins
8. Jazz, Hawks, Suns Talked Three-Team Trade
9. Nets, Pacers, Jazz, Wizards All Pursuing John Collins
10. Jazz, Hawks Discuss John Collins For Malik Beasley, Jarred Vanderbilt

11. Hawks seeking big-time return for Collins - not quite like Gobert or Mitchel but something in the neighborhood
12. Pacers Connected To John Collins
13. Wizards, Jazz, Nets, Pacers Interested In Trading For John Collins
14. Pelicans Interested In John Collins
15. Pelicans Remain Interested In Trading For John Collins
16. Hawks Willing To Keep John Collins Beyond Trade Deadline
17. Hawks Significantly Decrease Asking Price In John Collins Trade

I don't think they move John Collins or make any type splash trade.  I have been against trading Collins but with the improvement of Jalen Johnson I would do the Utah trade of Vanderbilt and Beasley.  Jalen needs to play and start imo.  Can't let Collins sit the bench with his contract.  

• Like 1