• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Deadline 2023: February 9th.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I dont think anyone we could trade for cures what ails us.  They would only be cost-cutting moves.

right.  who's out there who's any good who we can get without having to gut our team?   I sound like an owl.

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Mo Bamba super available in trades

The Clippers are likely priced out of acquiring a big man like the Pacers’ Myles Turner or the Hawks’ John Collins. A cheaper option would be Magic center Mo Bamba, who has seen his minutes dip and who league sources say is readily available in a trade.

I'd happily take Mo. Send out any Holiday/Tank with a sparkly second round pick to give us a legit backup big that can defend better than tank. He wanted to be here during the predraft process so a change of scenery could change his approach to his career. 

• Like 1

Just now, warcore said:

I'd happily take Mo. Send out any Holiday/Tank with a sparkly second round pick to give us a legit backup big that can defend better than tank. He wanted to be here during the predraft process so a change of scenery could change his approach to his career. 

Bamba has only showed a pulse because this is a contract year, imho.  And that pulse is still barely above a whisper.

We've seen him beast against us in like 2 of 16 games so a lot of us (well, yall) like him.  But read some magic fan opinions of the guy.  They see him every night be fairly listless despite the tools.  I ain't signing up to pay that dude.

9 minutes ago, warcore said:

I'm not either. But I'd give him a shot before Tank to prove what he can do.... again, change of scenery - sometimes it makes a big difference

True.  I'm just low on this guy, in particular.  Not trying to change your mind, btw.  Respect your opinion.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, warcore said:

I do like Gary Trent Jr but we're set at the wings.

Are we though? Murray who plays more PG, Hunter (he has to stay on the floor because as we saw last night, it's rough when he isn't), Bogi who can't defend a broken chair and the rook. we could use a solid do it all wing off the bench.

16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Are we though? Murray who plays more PG, Hunter (he has to stay on the floor because as we saw last night, it's rough when he isn't), Bogi who can't defend a broken chair and the rook. we could use a solid do it all wing off the bench.

Yeah I guess you're right but I was looking at it from an investment standpoint -- not a rental. 

At this time I do see DJ and AJ taking up the majority of the minutes at the 2 going forward. Bogi will be gone by next summer if not sooner... an upgrade of Bogi to Trent would certainly help us. I just don't want to give up a first to make that happen. We can just keep developing AJ who has a similar skillset to Trent. 

I wanted Trent way back in his draft class. He didn't turn out to have shades of Klay like I was hoping, but he's still a great piece. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

we could use a solid do it all wing off the bench

We could. We absolutely could.

But wait, I thought that was JDay's role, by practically unanimous vote here on the Squawk.

(Sorry, couldn't resist taking one more shot at everyone to whom that sentence applies.)

Cue the Dixie Chicks... how you gonna pay for that... *background music volume up*... "there's your trouble"... )

Gonna have to be willing to let that 2023 1st round pick go if you're gonna make any serious addition in that way... and that's even after you give up at least one second in order to compensate most teams for taking JDay's salary off your books.

30 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Lets just go get Giannis.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Forgot another absolute gem from the radio team @shakes always tunes in for.  Per Kamla and AD, the Wizards have made Kuzma a 'priority' which means he's about to get a max deal.

Apparently Kuuuuz has elevated his game and is now the face of the franchise.  (Gah?)  Both eggsperts were excited about the prospect of paying ol' Kuuuuzzz to continue leading WAS to the dizzying heights (sic) they've enjoyed during his illustrious tenure.

Remember those 14 er 17 games at the beginning of that year where the Zards were like a 3-seed ..... then dropped precipitously to below play-in levels?  Well, get ready Lossington, that's your future star folx.

Yikes.

I can't imagine seeing what their team has been with Beal, Porzingo, Kuuuzzz, 'n company, and thinking that's the track you wanna be on .... just more expensive.

Ah well, thanks for the W's, I guess.  Assuming we get our act together.  Which is a big assk. 

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Forgot another absolute gem from the radio team @shakes always tunes in for.  Per Kamla and AD, the Wizards have made Kuzma a 'priority' which means he's about to get a max deal.

Apparently Kuuuuz has elevated his game and is now the face of the franchise.  (Gah?)  Both eggsperts were excited about the prospect of paying ol' Kuuuuzzz to continue leading WAS to the dizzying heights (sic) they've enjoyed during his illustrious tenure.

Remember those 14 er 17 games at the beginning of that year where the Zards were like a 3-seed ..... then dropped precipitously to below play-in levels?  Well, get ready Lossington, that's your future star folx.

Yikes.

I can't imagine seeing what their team has been with Beal, Porzingo, Kuuuzzz, 'n company, and thinking that's the track you wanna be on .... just more expensive.

Ah well, thanks for the W's, I guess.  Assuming we get our act together.  Which is a big assk. 

I hate AD so much.  he's the most condescending know it all NBA apologist I've ever seen.   A few weeks ago when Travis got fired, Kam reported it as a firing.  Of course AD said no Kam, you can't just assume that.  the press release says he stepped down to spend time with his family so that's the story I'm sticking to.  hate that dbag so much.

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yikes.

Wiz keep making the same mistakes. Super maxed Beal, now about to overpay for Kuzma who I don't think wants to be with them long term. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

John Collins Calls Keep Coming In

The New Orleans Pelicans reached out to the Atlanta Hawks regarding forward John Collins, but talks were merely preliminary, according to league sources.

Atlanta is fielding offers for Collins but is comfortable keeping him on the roster past the trade deadline if the right move does not materialize.

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

John Collins Calls Keep Coming In

The New Orleans Pelicans reached out to the Atlanta Hawks regarding forward John Collins, but talks were merely preliminary, according to league sources.

Atlanta is fielding offers for Collins but is comfortable keeping him on the roster past the trade deadline if the right move does not materialize.

The Pelicans don't have anything to trade though.   I'm not sure how this would work without being a massive 3 or 4 team deal.   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

The Pelicans don't have anything to trade though.   I'm not sure how this would work without being a massive 3 or 4 team deal.   

Zion.  I'll hang up and listen.

But the real reason I'm here is to provide @shakes with his daily ... er, minutely ... er, secondly Kam and AD update.  Today AD scolded a caller for suggesting Chris Paul is "cooked".  Said, although he can't stay healthy, can't play much, is likely no longer someone you can count on as a starter for a season ... he's not "cooked".  AD finds that term disrespectful.  Kam basically agreed with everything he said, as per usual. 

• Haha 1

• Moderators
Just now, kg01 said:

Zion.  I'll hang up and listen.

But the real reason I'm here is to provide @shakes with his daily ... er, minutely ... er, secondly Kam and AD update.  Today AD scolded a caller for suggesting Chris Paul is "cooked".  Said, although he can't stay healthy, can't play much, is likely no longer someone you can count on as a starter for a season ... he's not "cooked".  AD finds that term disrespectful.  Kam basically agreed with everything he said, as per usual. 

CP has been cooked.  Like when Bibby came to the Hawks, CP looked elite organizing a lot of talent that didn't really know what they were doing.  Then they got figured out. 

• Like 2