• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Interested in trying to get a replacement for Harden. Keep an eye on Embiid. That said, it will take a lot to get him in a trade. Watch for Atlanta, outside of Trae, this is their top target but then again, most teams feel the same way. It's going to take a lot to get him. 

This seems Uber believable to me.

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I saw that too. Where’s he going? Oh man. 

ps Don’t let cagey see this it’ll upset him early in the morn. 

… you know about wanting us to get him. 

1. I don't care what that Simmons guy says.

2. I mean, I really don't care what he says.

3. If Zion gets traded, IDGAF as long as it aint to us. 

54 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Damn. I mean, if the Pelican’ts are willing to send Ingram to CHA, how can we jump in the middle of that and send him here instead?

You only got a like because of the proper use of Pelican'ts.  The judges are debating it though, 'cause you failed to cite your source. 🤔

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bird_dirt said:

Damn. I mean, if the Pelican’ts are willing to send Ingram to CHA, how can we jump in the middle of that and send him here instead?

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Unless we can get Scoot, no. 

Man.....  I would do anything to make Ingram a Hawk 😩🙏🏾

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Diesel said:

I see a bit of a different story in your nimbers Sturt.  It's a story that we can certainly learn from.

20-21  = 7.1

21-22 = 5.2

22-23 = 1.6

These numbers are positive and that was your focus.   

My focus are that these numbers are in decline.   Why are they in Decline Diesel?  Coaching and Personnel changes. 

IN 20-21, we mostly had LP's offense in use.  I believe LP was a lot more creative offensively than Nate.  So LP was able to use both JC and CC in the halfcourt game even though CC received more 1-5 PNR.

In 21 -22, Nate takes over.  Less Creative.  More 1-5 PNR and isoball. 

In 22-23,   JC coming off of injury and was less effective on offense. 

In my story telling here, I'm suggesting that JC and CC's defense remains pretty constant.  Maybe there's more numbers that can say different.  But my contention is that these numbers speak to the change in coaching.  Personnel also.   Losing Kev and getting DJM has an effect too.   And in 20-21, playing Hill a lot more meant more touches for JC.

Concur with most of that.

It's about the ranking.

As you suggested, the numbers declined for the overall team. So you look at the relative performance, and what worked better, regardless of the overall team's outcome. 

Each of the last three seasons have been remarkable for their own reasons.

Reasons. Not excuses.

This past season was really 3 mini-seasons... First 30-35 was characterized by players getting used to a major new asset on the floor, the missing assets from 21-22, and BogBog's absence then his getting back and getting reintegrated.

Next 20-25, the internal turmoil became extant, and Nate's seat got hot.

Final 24, new coach, and some limited but significant changes were under way.

Talent is there.

Wasn't that we couldn't defeat the league's best. It was that we lost so many games that should have been won decisively.

Mere aging... maturity will likely make this team better. But you add to that... with all due respect to Nate, sincerely... the addition of one of the NBA's most highly regarded coaches...

Coming off a post season in which we impressed, outperforming the expectations of most...

We're in a much better place than most seem to want to appreciate... One upgrade on it's own truly could make us next year's version of the Nuggs.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e474dom1z631rmusm1w7j

No Love for Zion???

Actually, i don't either.   However, we would be a good middle man for the deal.    PJ Washington and Scoot Henderson is a good haul for the Pelicans.    The Hornets may not love Zion.  They may be just as afraid of the injury history as we are... but He played a Duke.   That's got to mean something if we're not involved. 

However, JC and OO would be a fine pickup for them.  They get two starters for Henderson and Washington.  Nobody here mind losing JC so all the no gifs must be about OO.   OO couldn't work beside Zion.

IF Zion can play a whole season, we get to the chip. 

JC has a low post game but Zion has an unstoppable low post game.   Zion at his best is a 27 ppg player that shoots about 61% from the field. 

You put that on the floor with what we have and you better believe he improves our ability to shoot from outside.   He's like a huge black hole sucking defenders in. 

The question is do you think he can stay healthy?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

C'mon Spud....trading Capela and Hunter for Gafford? :er:

It was a tough question, you went algebra on me when you know I count with my fingers!!! :laugh1: 

For Gafford.. I couldn’t come up with salaries that matched his on our roster. I think I was trying to match monies more than realizing I’d never give Cap n Hunt for Gaff. 😂 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

No

If it were known that he could stay healthy, then he would not be available at all. 

This is a gamble. 

I honestly don't know where to stand in this gamble.   Is there something that playing on this team could do to motivate him?

or does he like the strip clubs in Atlanta?

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

This is a gamble. 

If it’s the right price I’m gonna take it. I’ve come to the realization that young ballers come with a risk. He’s fat, he loves hookers, but at least he hasn’t shot any fake guns..

Look, again I liked Zion. He’s been injured half his career but the other half when he’s played he’s been an all star and a force.

I wouldn’t mind pairing Trae and Zion for the right price. 

I know I’m back n forth on this but IF he or his camp can get him straight, he’s a top 10 player in the league for the next 5 years.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Did anyone hear this Shams audio? Has to be referring to the trade deadline trade that fell apart, right?…RIGHT?!

They couldn’t have done us dirty twice…

There a many JC deals out here that's near. Until one is done, it's not done. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“The Golden State Warriors and Atlanta Hawks reportedly have their eyes on the same big man heading into the 2023 NBA draft.

According to Matt Moore of Action Network, both teams are "interested" in trading up with the hopes of selecting Duke center Dereck Lively II. Moore suggested the teams' best chance at doing so would be moving into the top 10.”

Who is Matt Moore? lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ooooooooohhh really… anything? :er:

44 minutes ago, HawksNWaffles said:

He did say .... Anything

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9526ilt9gyqsj4lcdv3st

Yes.  I would do...scandalous things to see him in a Hawks uni. 😅

How many in here drool over Jaylen Brown, that's how I am with Ingram.  Probably more so.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, warcore said:

I'd bet money he's a LukaStan

Lively would be a nice pick at 15 though.. 

But we may have to take him at "10" if the rumors are true that we like him....

I like Wallace or Hendricks but LIvely has alot of potential.... 

Im fine with either....😀