• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

4 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Grant summarizing a new Stein report:

The Lively at 10 train to ATL is picking up some steam. 

The last time I heard we loved a BIG man, I didnt believe it.. 

And then we took him at #5... 

download.jpg.e0ddeab2e82a99273cfd2488bcadac1f.jpg

Just sayin... lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Grant summarizing a new Stein report:

The Lively at 10 train to ATL is picking up some steam. 

Is this the thinking?

Multiple teams have shared in recent days that Duke’s Dereck Lively II has true Tyson Chandler potential. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Is this the thinking?

Multiple teams have shared in recent days that Duke’s Dereck Lively II has true Tyson Chandler potential. 

He's not anywhere near a finished product, but there are some traits that he is capable of elite rim protection while also being able to switch and guard out on the perimeter.  The latter is not as tested as the former, but he has shown the traits in isolated situations.  I don't think you draft him that high thinking that he's just going to be a drop defender on the pick and roll.  

The other thing is, they have to be buying into the jump shot that he is showing.  If he can't shoot, then you don't take him that high.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Is this the thinking?

He's closer to WCS but he has some JC to him so he's very intriguing. His workouts have been getting tremendous reviews with teams who saw him. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

He's not anywhere near a finished product, but there are some traits that he is capable of elite rim protection while also being able to switch and guard out on the perimeter.  The latter is not as tested as the former, but he has shown the traits in isolated situations.  I don't think you draft him that high thinking that he's just going to be a drop defender on the pick and roll.  

The other thing is, they have to be buying into the jump shot that he is showing.  If he can't shoot, then you don't take him that high.

I've said the same thing, do you buy that jumper, they did with JC and won big with it as their pick. His ability to guard multiple positions like OO is the real prize. Some have compared him to Mitchell Robinson but Mitchell has more offensive upside but not quite the defensive feel and IQ of Lively. That said, do you buy the jumper. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Atlanta doesn't mind paying the LT for 2023-24 and isn't looking for salary-cap deals 

...but will they. I want to believe, I really want to believe....buuuut................I'll believe it when it happens and gladly eat crow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, terrell said:

Lively would be a nice pick at 15 though.. 

But we may have to take him at "10" if the rumors are true that we like him....

I like Wallace or Hendricks but LIvely has alot of potential.... 

Im fine with either....😀

I hope we're not dumb enough to cave into some rumors. Trading JC is not worth moving up 5 slots to take someone who is not head and shoulders better than others that will be there at 15. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I hope he's just not a work out prodigy but don't look close to that in games.

Has anyone heard why they didn't use his shooting abilities at Duke? That's the part that scares me... doesn't make sense for his college coach to limit him that much if those skills played up in actual games.

8 minutes ago, warcore said:

I hope we're not dumb enough to cave into some rumors. Trading JC is not worth moving up 5 slots to take someone who is not head and shoulders better than others that will be there at 15. 

Maybe we're keeping 15 to use in another deal? lol

JC for Bertrans and 10...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wretch said:

How many in here drool over Jaylen Brown, that's how I am with Ingram.  Probably more so.

Whoa 😮… that much? My drool level:

Jaylen Brown 8.5/10

Zion 9.99/10 :batman:

Ps Tell kg I went out for a jog 🏃‍♂️ (Jack in the box). :huh:

• Haha 2