• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Dean Walker said:

nobody’s beating Boston!

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Expectations in NY, Expectations in Dallas.....None with the Wiz and he played well. Seen that movie before

The problem with the Squawk and Porzingis, and pretty much any player we discuss, is that we tend to do it in a vacuum.  We look at the individual and measure their worth by what they contribute and not necessarily how they fit.  Even with certain statistics, where things like team, pace, matchups, and quality of shots are extremely impactful to a player's numbers, we still tend to hyper-focus on just the individual talent.

In reality, Porzingis as a 1st or 2nd option on a flawed team is a completely different animal than Porzingis stretching the floor on a very complete team, that plays great defense, that shoots a ton of 3's, and already has two All-NBA guys that are tough to guard. 

I'm not in love with Porzingis, I am intrigued by his ability to rebound, guard the rim, and shoot 3's...it's something that pairs well with Trae's need for size and our team's needs for a big that can shoot.  All this really boils down to is health...  For us, we'd hope he's good to go.  For Boston, we hope he's not.  Otherwise, that team will be a nightmare to defend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I don’t have any opinion about the guy outside of his skillset and size. What he can do on the court on both ends is exactly what we could use, especially in the frontcourt.

I don’t get caught up in the politics and by how NY overrated him as a superstar. That has nothing to do with his ability to hoop at 7’3

*when he plays

44 minutes ago, kg01 said:

biology project

You ever dissect the fetal pigs 🐖… ughhhhhhh I can still smell it. It was either that or someone around me. To add to that there was this lil annoying kid who giggled a lot because he would break stink bombs 💣 in that class. I don’t know where the heck he got them then we were 12! I think Chinatown SF or something. He showed me one in the lil test tube 🧪 mini looking glass thing, he giggled I wanted to 🤛 him in the face. I still associate the smell with the dude. 😂 

I want a Raptor.

Go Hawks!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Washington dog shit franchise. Thanks for f***ing over the east you absolute clowns. Couldnt even get a decent return

Yeah, just let porzingo walk. What 'draft compensation' are they even getting from Loston or LAC that makes thus worth their while? 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, just let porzingo walk. What 'draft compensation' are they even getting from Loston or LAC that makes thus worth their while? 

Their own first overall pick in the draft next year, or so they hope. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Porzingus is one of best players realistically available, and his skill set fits what we are looking for. 

Big C that plays PF that will allow OO to play C?

I guess it's only Porzingis and KAT huh?

Maybe OO is not supposed to start at C?

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Feel free to just tag me next time 👍

But hard to know months in advance that Travis was going to get hired and burn things to the ground via fire sale.

:laugh1: I couldn't remember whose trade idea it was. You saved me the task of searching for it  and tagging you.🤓

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

Siakam is a free agent next after next year. Just say no to one year rentals that don’t make you instant championship favorites.

EDDIIIIEEEEE!!! 🏈 Ed! What it do? Good to see ya! 🏆 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Do you want Giannis or something? Porzingus is one of best players realistically available, and his skill set fits what we are looking for. 

He’s always hurt, overrated, can’t move his feet on defense… etc.

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Feel free to just tag me next time 👍

But hard to know months in advance that Travis was going to get hired and burn things to the ground via fire sale.

I remember being assured we could net some kind of decent return for... *cough* *cough*... JDay... by someone... not you. But seems relevant to mention here. 😇