• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

The most shopped player is Justin Holiday. Atlanta is offering two 2nds and Holiday for a rotational big that can help us. Jarred Vanderbilt has been a target. I was told it's unlikely as Utah wants a 1st for Vanderbilt.

I'm not giving up a 1st for Vanderbilt. Ainge, smh.
I'd gladly do Justin and 2 2nds

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Sothron said:

recent play by OO  has convinced the FO that it is time to move on from Capela and his lack of availability is a cause for concern. Why this doesn't extend also to Hunter is confusing not to just to me but my sources. Anyhoo....

Age, projected potential and position

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Sothron said:

The Twolves are so invested into Gobert working out after the mammoth haul they gave up for him they are willing to trade KAT to get a more balanced team around Gobert. The idiocy of that should be obvious but their new team president has to try and save face after that debacle of a trade.

Minny is compounding their Gobert mistake by trading KAT and building around Gobert???? That's Lunacy.
Just admit the mistake and move on from Gobert...don't compound one mistake with another. Good grief.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Indy has the Boston and Cleveland 2023 1st - so most likely those. Very Late 20s picks. :blanky:

So I guess replacing JC with Duarte (barely rotational) is a tanking move? Trying to understand how that is even close to a win now move.

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, GameTime said:

So I guess replacing JC with Duarte (AJ is better and he is barely rotational) is a tanking move? Trying to understand how that is even close to a win now move.

Depends on what the followup trade is, if any. Hawks would receive  a 20 mil TPE to bring in a replacement 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Sothron said:

Embiid and KAT are the big fish Ressler is willing to pay the LT to land. Yes, if we traded JC for Ben then it would probably kill any interest in Embiid in coming to Atlanta. 

So many dominoes need to fall for any of these two to happen. I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Minny is compounding their Gobert mistake by trading KAT and building around Gobert???? That's Lunacy.
Just admit the mistake and move on from Gobert...don't compound one mistake with another. Good grief.

Gobert adds more winning value than KAT and KAT gets you a lot more value back than Gobert.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Gobert adds more winning value than KAT and KAT gets you a lot more value back than Gobert.

KAT has been out, how much winning are the Wolves doing with Gobert.

Yes, KAT has more value, but Gobert should never be the centerpiece that you build around.

• Like 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

KAT has been out, how much winning are the Wolves doing with Gobert.

Yes, KAT has more value, but Gobert should never be the centerpiece that you build around.

Gobert is not their centerpiece. Edwards is. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Boy 4 years ago if i'd have told you the top 4 in the west this season would be Nuggets, Grizz, Pelicans, Sac i don't think anyone would have believed it. 

I  didn't even realize  that. The Kings have a lot to thank the Hawks for. They got crucified for the Hali trade but it looks like it's working out for them so far.

Just now, NBASupes said:

Gobert is not their centerpiece. Edwards is. 

As long as Gobert is making as much money as he is, he'll always factor into that equation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I  didn't even realize  that. The Kings have a lot to thank the Hawks for. They got crucified for the Hali trade but it looks like it's working out for them so far.

As long as Gobert is making as much money as he is, he'll always factor into that equation.

That Kevin trade was awful.

Yeah but he's not their centerpiece. He's their glue. Their biggest issue is Russell.