• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He was fined by the team for doing so, I'd hardly call that ambiguous. 

Hold up. No. Disagree. People can get fined, even if there's some honest misunderstanding on something like this. There could be more to the story. Or there might not. Let's see if someone asks Trae about it, and how he responds.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

The system was meant to make the league more equitable, but I wonder if it could be having an opposite effect where only the tax paying teams have any chance of competing for a title. Or maybe the point is to compensate teams who have no chance. 

Don't understand why there isn't just a hard cap. I mean I understand (players don't want it) but I don't like it. 

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I take no issue with taking the charter in of itself - the biggest issue was not informing the team. Be better Trae!

and who the hell rents a private plane for what has to be a 30 minute flight at most?

Between that and the $10+ million home I wouldn't be surprised if 10 years from now Trae is one of those rich athletes that somehow went bankrupt.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

While I don't have the reasoning, maybe Sothron does. My guess is lack of playing time and thinking they can maximize on his trade value in the summer. That was a mistake. Considering how the trade market is right now, probably would have gotten more. 

As for paying the LT for the right guys, maybe they didn't see Kevin as the right guy

Ressler will pay the LT for the right guys. He has said that for years publicly and privately has said the same thing. Unfortunately for us that means stars players not rotation players or average starting level talent.

• Like 2

On 1/16/2023 at 2:15 AM, Sothron said:

Embiid and KAT are the big fish Ressler is willing to pay the LT to land. Yes, if we traded JC for Ben then it would probably kill any interest in Embiid in coming to Atlanta. 

If we do say, a Duarte deal, it would seem that would help us build the draft capital required to swing Embiid.  

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Ressler will pay the LT for the right guys. He has said that for years publicly and privately has said the same thing. Unfortunately for us that means stars players not rotation players or average starting level talent.

I'm just going to again say this is a pile of horse manure.  Yeah every owner in the league is going to pay the LT for KD, Kawhi, Embiid, Curry level players.  That doesn't mean anything.   It's whether you're willing to pony out the dough to build up a team that separates the contenders from the .....Hawks. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

There's very little chance we'd ever be able to build the best package for JoeLLLL.  

Unless he told the Sixers he only wants to go to Atlanta. 

I am doubtful we can trade for either Embiid or KAT but that's the white whales we are apparently shooting for in the offseason.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, shakes said:

and who the hell rents a private plane for what has to be a 30 minute flight at most?

Between that and the $10+ million home I wouldn't be surprised if 10 years from now Trae is one of those rich athletes that somehow went bankrupt.

Houses are fairly stable assets actually. 

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, sturt said:

Slow down. Do you know he didn't fly to his home in OK?

yes I am 100% sure that Trae did not fly all the way to Oklahoma in the middle of a playoff series.   Cmon dude, you're not that stupid.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Wretch said:

So.... 

Now that we are pretty sure where we stand with our HC, my radar cleared up...and with all of this internal stuff coming out, my focus has shifted to our star.  I'm keeping an eye on his personality and maturity.  Could be me overthinking and overanalyzing.  It may not mean anything at all in the end...but I'm starting to get a vibe about him. 

Obviously, Trae is the franchise.  Still, we have all seen enough NBA basketball to know how the different personalities of franchise players affect the game - good and bad.  I'm not saying this is a definite thing, I'm not speculating on a specific outcome, and I'm absolutely not calling it negative.  I'm just taking notes now and sticking a pin in this for later:

• Trae goes to the front office and demands help and Schlenk scrambles to get it done
  • JC and Trae clashing in 2021
    • Rumors that JC wasn't the only one (Hunter/Bogi)
  • Trae reportedly putting his foot down on a Capela trade
    • Blocking(?) a move for Ayton
  • Altercation with Nate during practice
    • "Injured" Trae curiously not with the team on the sideline afterwards
  • Reports that coaches, players, front office people pushing Trae to take on more of a leadership role
    • ALL of us coming to a consensus regarding a desire to see on-court maturity from him
  • Dejounte's comments...
    • The noise in our organization is quite different in ATL vs San Antonio
    • Deflected the Nate/Trae talk saying something to the effect of "whatever is going on between them"
  • Schlenk's Trae trade talk report/rumor
    • Travis "headed to" an advisory role (relieved of duty in effect)
    • Air quotes from JC about it
  • Earlier reports in December that things were TOXIC in Atlanta
    • Same report suggests that some players don't like Trae
  • Trae fined for by the Hawks for not communicating and chartering the private Jet
    • Trae flying alone after the loss
  • @Sothron reporting from insiders that he's very unforgiving
    • To the point of it sounding like a character flaw
  • @NBASupes being left with a sour impression of him after meeting him in person

I know there is drama in every organization and every locker room.  I know very well that Trae is our franchise and I will die on that hill defending his talent.  I'm not saying what people think I might be saying.  I've ONLY put together a list here of things we pretty much already know - a lot of which is confirmed.  I'M NOT SAYING ANYTHING PEOPLE... 

These are just notes.  If this were analogous to security event logs that I analyze every day, I would build correlations with this data to trigger alert conditions. 

Don't come for me.  I'm not saying anything LOL...  Just that my antennas are up, there MIGHT be a pattern, and it's worth keeping an eye on.

Perfect way to not not say anything  :hehe: I dig!

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
Just now, shakes said:

yes I am 100% sure that Trae did not fly all the way to Oklahoma in the middle of a playoff series.   Cmon dude, you're not that stupid.

Yes. How could I be that stupid. Thanks for setting me straight.

2023-01-17_11-59-29.png

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, sturt said:

Yes. How could I be that stupid. Thanks for setting me straight.

2023-01-17_11-59-29.png

you think in between playoff games players are just told to do whatever they want and go wherever they want?     Film session?  Practice?  Recovery treatment from training staff?  Naw, don't need that stuff.  Everyone just go to Atlantis for 2 days and then come back and go straight to the arena for game 3!   Or go back to your childhood home and shoot buckets in the driveway for a couple days!

😭

Edited by shakes

2 hours ago, sturt said:

Yeah, this is a huge story that seems to be getting meh reaction. Potentially, anyway. Who knows, maybe Trae would have a different explanation for the decision... maybe a family illness or something not team-related... but on the surface, as Jay said, it begs questions about Trae's leadership that he should want to address instead of just letting people presume the worst. Even if it was the worst. In that case, you at minimum want to own it, and talk about how you'd do things differently in hindsight.

Game 2 was the game in which he had 10 turnovers, with most of them coming in that infamous 3rd quarter.  It was also the night in which Bogi got red hot in the 4th quarter.  I think he had almost 20 points in the quarter.

Trae's wife was 7 months pregnant at the time, so who knows if it had something to do with that.  We won't know unless Trae or someone in the organization talks about it.

My view on Trae, is that he doesn't necessarily WANT to be the leader of the team, especially from a rah rah perspective.  As he's says, "he just wants to hoop."  Unfortunately for him, when you make almost 40 million a year, you must show some sort of leadership abilities, whether it be on the court or off.  Most important, you must lead by example.  John and Dejounte seem like they're the verbal leaders on the team.  So Trae should take on the "lead by example" role.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, txsting said:

If we do say, a Duarte deal, it would seem that would help us build the draft capital required to swing Embiid.  

If we get Ben, we can't go after either.  Too many max contracts.