• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, GameTime said:

This is true but what I've heard is Cleveland is trying to make this a three way trade. Beasley goes to Cleveland, JC goes to Utah and we get...spare parts from Utah/Clev to make salaries match. Plus Ainge is asking for an Atlanta first rounder to "take on" JC's contract. 

Utah is pushing hard for JC. They could cut Cleveland out, cut out the demand for the first rounder and swap Beasley and Vandy for JC. I would still expect the Hawks to ask for at least one first rounder to come back to us because Beasley and Vandy just aren't anywhere near JC's value on the court.

• Thanks 4

Finally caught up! Great thread @NBASupes and @Sothron. As always appreciate you two sharing your info from the inside.

On the KAT/Embiid trade possibilities:

You two were both kind of letting this one slip through the cracks over the past month or so lol….but glad it’s finally confirmed that this is Nick Resslers top trade targets that he completed on NBA2k lol.

In all honesty I can tell that even you two don’t have high hopes of the team getting an Embiid or KAT deal done…which I understand. I don’t believe it can happen either so I won’t comment too much surrounding the inside info on these two star players. I definitely believe your source…I just think it’s an unrealistic target from Ressler and he’s wasting his time.

On JC trade prediction:

No surprise here that JC could be gone by all star weekend but the big name that sticks out to me personally is Simmons and that’s only due to Trae. Don’t get me wrong just like most I think Simmons is a terrible fit for what we currently have unless we move Capela for a 3pt / floor spreading center. 

However I have personal belief that Traes power is very real. @Wretch outlined a perfect timeline from start to finish of everything that’s went down since Trae has arrived and to me Trae appears to be one of the decision makers right in the middle of every move regardless of what Landry or Korver recently tried to shoot it down in their interview. 

@JayBirdHawk stated a great fact that  Trae knows that his friend Ben Simmons isn’t going to bitch and complain about shots or much of anything offensively . All Ben wants to do is playmake, grab rebounds, and play outstanding defense at the 4. That’s music to Traes ears! 

I think Trae is going to push harder for Ben Simmons then he did for Murray. Murray may be looking at the situation the same way. Remove John Collins and I get more shots in the areas I like to operate in for Murray.

While im not big on adding Simmons as much as I was last season before Murray was acquired, if there’s a plan to move capela for a shooting 5 like Myles Turner for example …..then I wouldn’t mind seeing a lineup of Trae, Murray, Hunter, Simmons, and a Shooting Center.

I guess we are going to find out how much power Trae truly has. All of my bold predictions are centered around Trae and his feelings since he no doubt is loved by ownership. I say Ben Simmons will be hawk in a trade for Collins by the trade deadline…to me it just makes too much sense.

on the flip side…Simmons offers the nets nothing when KD is out so I’m not surprised they are listening. Collins is probably the best player they can get for Simmons so it’s a act now type negotiation I bet is happening in the background.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

This is true but what I've heard is Cleveland is trying to make this a three way trade. Beasley goes to Cleveland, JC goes to Utah and we get...spare parts from Utah/Clev to make salaries match. Plus Ainge is asking for an Atlanta first rounder to "take on" JC's contract. 

Utah is pushing hard for JC. They could cut Cleveland out, cut out the demand for the first rounder and swap Beasley and Vandy for JC. I would still expect the Hawks to ask for at least one first rounder to come back to us because Beasley and Vandy just aren't anywhere near JC's value on the court.

What are those spare parts from Utah/Clev?

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, GameTime said:

What are those spare parts from Utah/Clev?

Their largest expiring contracts or close to it. Think LeVert. 

And that's not the big trade we were talking about in the insiders PM conversation I mentioned earlier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sothron said:

And that's not the big trade we were talking about in the insiders PM conversation I mentioned earlier.

Are we going to have to wait for this one to be shared or will we see some info from you 3 tonight?

Edited by JTB

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

That is gross.  We give up a first to exchange JC for garbage and spare parts?

That's what Ainge was asking for but I can't see us doing that. 

If the other trade happens it would make JC basically redundant on the team and we could just trade him for future picks.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Your epistemological generalities are not very persuasive in this instance, sorry. 

Damn, this might be the sturt kryptonite line, I'll keep it on my clipboard for later.  Unrelated, but I got like 3 chapters into an intro to epistemology book a few months ago and couldn't muster up the energy to finish it.

Just now, Sothron said:

That's what Ainge was asking for but I can't see us doing that. 

If the other trade happens it would make JC basically redundant on the team and we could just trade him for future picks.

Agreed, we won't need JC when Giannis is our PF

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
Just now, JTB said:

Are we going to have to wait for this one to be shared or will we see some info from you 3 tonight?

It isn't my scoop per se but my sources agree with what one person initially brought up. I think it is up to that person to share the information if they choose to do so. 

I am not intentionally trying to be vague. I just don't want to take credit from someone else since they brought it up first and I had to verify with my two Hawks sources.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, Sothron said:

13 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Their largest expiring contracts or close to it. Think LeVert. 

Gross gross gross.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Damn, this might be the sturt kryptonite line,

Fools gold. If you're having to talk about word count and word choice, by definition, you're desperately searching for some way to do some ad hominem dance that keeps you from having to discuss the substance of Issue X, Y and/or Z.

You're better than that, Jeff. 😉

• Haha 1

Unless there is someone else that I’m not seeing as realistic, at least mid season, I hope we do nothing more but to find a way to sure up the bench. When healthy the starters are starting to play well together … bench + backup big could use a boost. 

holiday + SRP for Vanderbilt. Tell Ainge to get off the 🥃 if he thinks JC + FRP is worth that. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Ugh we're going to end up with Crowder aren't we?  And he's going to have to play himself into game shape while trying to build chemistry over the last part of the season.  And then when things start clicking, he's leaving us in FA anyways.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1