• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

1 hour ago, h4wkfan said:

Am I the only one with little to no interest in the trade for Ayton?

He’s talented for sure. But he doesn’t seem like a player to get you a Ring to me.

I’d be confident on making a bet that he will not win a championship as the starting center of a team (assuming he takes up a sizable portion of the total salary cap like he does now). 

I have my reservations.... 

• Moderators
Just now, terrell said:

I have my reservations.... 

I have reservations too but at some point we got to roll the dice.  We had reservations about CJ McCollum, Brandon Ingram, Donovan Mitchell, Sabonis, Jerami Grant but i wouldn't mind having some of those guys right now.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

OO is still not a PF.  At least playing C, he has a speed advantage over most bigs.   What's going to happen when you line him up at PF?  You think he fouls a lot now.  Just wait. 

Honestly, it makes more sense that if we get Ayton, we keep JC and we look for a trade of OO?

We need OO to guard Giannis and Embiid. Neither are going away and I don't see JC or Ayton being able to handle them.

I don't care if we call OO a 4 or a 5 and it doesn't matter as long as our spacing is good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Diesel said:

How?

We trade JC for Duarte??  So that Crowder can play PF?  or OO can play PF?

Just because we drafted him, doesn't mean he's great. 

OO is still not a PF.  At least playing C, he has a speed advantage over most bigs.   What's going to happen when you line him up at PF?  You think he fouls a lot now.  Just wait. 

Honestly, it makes more sense that if we get Ayton, we keep JC and we look for a trade of OO?

Maybe OO for Giddey.

When it happens.

All likelihood of Crowder starting with OO playing as the 3rd big off the bench. OO for Giddey? In what universe does OKC accept that?

If Ayton is somehow available we should get him, we need a good offensive Center and he has shooting range, good fit for us. If the cost is Bogi or Capela I think is fair, if we can add Damion Lee and Crowder is a good compensation, they are good rotation players, don’t understimate them. The question now is what other pieces we get to fill the lineup. Hunter is a good fit at SF and we need a PF with size, OO could be that guy? I have my reservations, I could see a good fit with Vanderbilt and Beasley for JC

Trae/DJM/Hunter/Vanderbilt/Ayton

AH/Beasley/AJ/Crowder/OO

Damion Lee, JJ and Favors. 

2nd unit would be too small

26 minutes ago, warcore said:

Because if Indy is offering Duarte and 1sts, Bogi leaving makes that more appealing. With Bogi, we have no need for Duarte. The trade gives us a need for him. 

I'm a Duarte fan but he's a Bogd replacement in name only.  Duarte is skrugglin' this year, which is why he's available in the first place.  

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm a Duarte fan but he's a Bogd replacement in name only.  Duarte is skrugglin' this year, which is why he's available in the first place.  

True but Duarte is not why they do this trade. It's for the 2 1sts. 
The PHO trade just makes it more palatable since Duarte wouldn't be buried under Bogi/JHol/Griff/DJ/etc at that point

• Like 1

Just now, warcore said:

True but Duarte is not why they do this trade. It's for the 2 1sts. 
The PHO trade just makes it more palatable since Duarte wouldn't be buried under Bogi/JHol/Griff/DJ/etc at that point

And Lowkey Damion Lee is playing better than Duarte and Beasley this year.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, marco102 said:

If the trade with Phx were to go down, I'd leave JC where he is.  JC and Ayton would be a great fit offensively and defensively.  OO can continue to come off the bench.

Starters                             Bench Mob

PG - Young                       A. Holiday?

SG - Murray                      Griffin

SF - Hunter                       Crowder

PF - Collins                       Johnson

C - Ayton                          Okongwu

That's a good mix of two way players if you ask me. 

This is not me advocating for the trade, just my preference of keeping John if the trade were made.

Trae’s floater game could go to the next level with JC and Ayton spacing the floor and keeping bigs from camping the paint. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

How?

We trade JC for Duarte??  So that Crowder can play PF?  or OO can play PF?

Just because we drafted him, doesn't mean he's great. 

Maybe OO for Giddey.

When it happens.

I'd actually like OO for Giddey and keeping JC. remember we as fans don't have to care about the team paying the LT. that has no impact on the basketball part of things. Keeping JC to play WITH Ayton would be better than trading JC for someone like Simmons or LT relief/picks from Indy.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NekiEcko said:

But do you think @Sothron that OKC is going to get up Giddey for OO even know that they are in the playoff hunt and still have their treasure trove of picks?

I'm not speculating that can happen but if we trade for Ayton the biggest question mark outside of JC is where is OO in our future plans. He would have to play PF in position less basketball or we'll have to trade him. He has too much value to be a BU center forever.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

If the trade with Phx were to go down, I'd leave JC where he is.  JC and Ayton would be a great fit offensively and defensively.  OO can continue to come off the bench.

Starters                             Bench Mob

PG - Young                       A. Holiday?

SG - Murray                      Griffin

SF - Hunter                       Crowder

PF - Collins                       Johnson

C - Ayton                          Okongwu

That's a good mix of two way players if you ask me. 

This is not me advocating for the trade, just my preference of keeping John if the trade were made.

I agree, I was working out the salaries;

2022-2023
Trae $37, AHol $1.8

DJM $16.5  AJ $3.5 Vit $1.5, TM $1

Hunter $9.8, Crowder $10, Lee $2.1

Collins $23.5,  JJ $2.7

Ayton $30.9, OO $6.3, FK $2.4

Approximately $148 mil

I wouldn't look to move OO right now, Let him play some with JC and Ayton to see how the pairing works. He has a year to RFA so I'll think we can see how he continues to develop playing minutes at the 4.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'd actually like OO for Giddey and keeping JC. remember we as fans don't have to care about the team paying the LT. that has no impact on the basketball part of things. Keeping JC to play WITH Ayton would be better than trading JC for someone like Simmons or LT relief/picks from Indy.

Why trade OO right now, we still have a yearnof rookie scale salary and it would leave us a small team, again with no legitimate backup C. That would also give us a year to see how Ayton fits.

• Like 1