• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I want to hear from the insiders regarding what happened with the players behind the scenes and why they've suddenly put it together. Team meeting? A come to Jesus moment? A talk with Nate and or management to clear the air? @Sothron @NBASupes @thecampster

Maybe Nate's talk?

• Like 3

I heard a comment about GS that made me think of us.  Some eggspert was saying folks should expect to see GS make a move (start winning) in the 2nd half because they seemed to be going through the motions all year.

As for us, I got the feeling some guys had been Harden-ing.  Holding back play-wise.  Perhaps we're just actually giving effort, for whatever reason.  Plus we're healthy for the first time so that helps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

As for the team play the biggest difference is DJM has been working on Trae to trust his team and to give more effort on defense. DJM is worth every penny and asset we traded for him. My sources speak very glowingly of his attitude and how he's getting guys to buy in for more ball movement and effort on defense. I was directly told that it is no longer just JC and Capela asking guys to give more but now DJM is doing it as well. And it is working.

That’s great to hear ! And shout out to DJM!…Trae may be the most talented offensively gifted player but he probably can’t vocally lead as well as his talent AND THATS OK…pippen was the team leader for his teammates in Chicago it wasn’t MJ so everyone plays an important part. It is what it is. 

As for the team still wanting that phx trade for Ayton…shit I don’t blame them. Winning or not I think it’s a better move for us and makes us more balanced overall and much better.

thanks for this update Soth.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The next level we probably need to get to as a team, is to feed the hot hand.  If Bogi is hot, get him the ball.  If AJ is hot, get him the ball.  If Dre is hot, get him the ball. 

I think we're getting there.   Last night, we kept feeding DJ.   There's a balance with that as well.  You don't want everybody going cold. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Capela started last nights game.  He played limited minutes because he went on run in the 4th so it didn;t make sense for him to come back in.  He was on a minutes restriction of 23 minutes his first game back which most of our players get minutes restrictions on their return.

:good:

I’m glad Korver is going to bat for JC but what makes Tony pay the luxury tax? 

is getting to the ECF good enough to keep most of our core together?

im not asking you directly I’m just speculating. While I like the capela for Ayton trade …I’d love to keep JC and Ayton! You really can’t REALISTICALLY do better than that. That’s a top 10 PF and top 10 Center with two way talent.

if all goes well it’s going to be interesting what Tony is willing to do. That’s for sure!

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

The big issue with JC is not his fit or his touches or some other actual basketball issue. It is his contract and Ressler refusing to pay the LT not just this season but next season as well. What people don't understand is we are up against the LT next season with only like 8 or 9 players under contract. Just filling out the rest of the roster with veteran minimum guys would put us over the LT. 

I understood not paying it this year.  This whole next year thing is bugging me to no end.  HATE IT! HATE IT! HATE IT!

The difference between the combined salaries for Cap and Bogi vs Ayton is $6.7 million dollars. 

So our total guaranteed salary goes from $160.6 million with 9 players to $153.9 million with 8 players. 

The Luxury Tax is $162 Million. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I'm concerned about Capela's constant injuries but sometimes a team needs a guy that's going to do the dirty work: set screens, rebound, play defense and not complain about getting touches on offense - is Ayton willing to do that. There are a lot of mouths on offense to feed already.

• Like 1

Hey you super - duper guys with all the inside information (Te-He) please, while you are all contemplating all these potential trades, show me a trade for Mark Williams.

Impossible, old man, did you all agree?  Nothing is impossible, just highly unlikely.  The Hornets will be in Atlanta tonight.  Maybe we will actually see him in action.

I know.  I know.  I just keep on.  But an old proverb says, "The squeaky wheel is the one that gets the grease."  Therefore, I squeak!!

:smug:

• Like 1

• Premium Member

• Premium Member

From Marc Stein

Bucks interested in Eric Gordon
The Bucks, who surrendered four second-round pick for Nikola Mirotic at the 2019 trade deadline, are exploring a similar approach as they pursue Rockets wing Eric Gordon. – via Marc Stein @ marcstein.substack.com

Jazz willing to trade anyone not named Lauri Markkanen, Walker Kessler
There’s a “rising belief” around the NBA that the Jazz will be open to listening on any players on their roster besides Lauri Markkanen and Walker Kessler at the trade deadline.

Hornets 'prepared to take calls' on Gordon Hayward
The Charlotte Hornets are prepared to take calls on Gordon Hayward. – via Marc Stein

The Hornets‘ interest in re-signing restricted free-agent-to-be P.J. Washington appears to have risen significantly since last summer. – via Marc Stein @ marcstein.substack.com

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm concerned about Capela's constant injuries but sometimes a team needs a guy that's going to do the dirty work: set screens, rebound, play defense and not complain about getting touches on offense - is Ayton willing to do that. There are a lot of mouths on offense to feed already.

This is a good thing to bring up but sacrifice is a real thing In order to win. Trae is learning that now and Murray has apparently already adjusted to this attitude looks like during his time in San Antonio training with Kwahi. 

There’s going to be times in the playoffs we need certain guys to get us a bucket when the team isn’t playing well as a unit. Adding another go to scorer with great and good playmakers in Trae and Murray sounds like a win to me.

I think Ayton just wants to be involved more offensively. I don’t believe he’s set on being the best scorer for a team or that he won’t do the dirty work.

Attitude’s change in the right environment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, JTB said:

I think Ayton just wants to be involved more offensively. I don’t believe he’s set on being the best scorer for a team or that he won’t do the dirty work.

Id be lying if I said I know what Ayton wants but this was from an earlier article about finding ways to get him more touches:

One could say that Monty Williams should give more touches to Ayton, but those touches will just be post-ups and will muck up the Suns’ free-flowing offense. The best way to increase his touches is if he plays hard, runs the floor in transition, and gives second and third efforts on the offensive glass. It’s not pretty, but the team’s identity can’t be compromised for one player. There should be a balance.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, JTB said:

Where's the evidence of how Ayton thinks, pro or con? I dunno. What's he said that is so persuasive that he's really going to be a positive for a team as long as he's treated like he wants to be treated? Not challenging so much as curious.

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hornets 'prepared to take calls' on Gordon Hayward

Boy, there's a name that's been popular on this site for a lot of years. Thank goodness Charlotte swooped in and eliminated any possibility Schlenk would blow his FA money on him, and invested in Gallo and BogBog instead.

• Like 4