• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

40 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Wait, Okoro was your dude in that draft. :er: Emphasis apparently on WAS. :sarcastic: You also made me blue ball Precious Achuiwa, poor guy.

Nah, I was Killian Hayes.  Not much better but atleast he's an nba player.

32 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You can unclutch those pearls. 

I am not pushing this.  It's just one of the only trades I could find for PPP. 

I guess I'll unclutch .... for now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I don't know.  Maybe.  Of course i see a good deal on a Spellman jersey i'm thinking of going with unless the Cam price comes down a bit.  

I can't help you with a Spellman jersey, but I have a JC jersey that might be vintage very soon -- I also have a Mohamed Sanu jersey if you're into the Falcons -- or even a Vic Beasley Jr.  

2 hours ago, shakes said:

no way.  Not even close to that level.

Klay Thompson

Jrue Holiday or Middleton

I don't count the bubble as a legit championship

Lowry or Van Vleet

Klay or Draymond

Kevin Love

no idea who #3 guy was for Spurs but I'm sure he's alot better than Hunter

Chris Bosh

YOu gotta put the crack pipe down if you think Hunter has even a snowball chance in hell of being on any of those players' level.

Klay is the clear #2 on that Warriors squad. Harrison barnes  was arguably their #3 their first championship. Reasonable expectations. 

how about last year for golden state? Andrew Wiggins/jordan Poole type impact? Reasonable.

Last years Celtics teams … Marcus smart? Reasonable. 

When the suns went - Mikal bridges? Sure that’s reasonable  

He won’t reach jrue holiday level sure. Yet somehow - we took that team to 6 games 2 years ago. And arguably lost because of a ref. 

also in don’t believe dre is a final product  hes 25 and barely has a 2 full seasons worth of nba games under his belt. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Bogi's no back to backs and listing of more knee pain has teams less than tepid and he's monkeywrenching any/everything.  Teams do not want to take that risk.

"How else you wan' me-to keep from gettin' traded, brate?  *wink-wink*" - Bogd 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

Klay is the clear #2 on that Warriors squad. Harrison barnes  was arguably their #3 their first championship. Reasonable expectations. 

how about last year for golden state? Andrew Wiggins/jordan Poole type impact? Reasonable.

Last years Celtics teams … Marcus smart? Reasonable. 

When the suns went - Mikal bridges? Sure that’s reasonable  

He won’t reach jrue holiday level sure. Yet somehow - we took that team to 6 games 2 years ago. And arguably lost because of a ref. 

also in don’t believe dre is a final product  hes 25 and barely has a 2 full seasons worth of nba games under his belt. 

I must've missed the bolded teams winning championships.        You moving goalposts now?

Either way, Hunter isn't as good as Bridges or Smart so its a non point.

29 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Portis hurt?  Dreams of a Collins-4-Grayson swap are alive.  Alive!

That happens I leave forever. Lol. I can take hurricane 🌀 Stu … I think I sneezed once but Grayson a Hawk I’m one foot out. #laimbeeresque 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, shakes said:

I must've missed the bolded teams winning championships.        You moving goalposts now?

Either way, Hunter isn't as good as Bridges or Smart so it’s a non point.

conveniently ignoring Harrison barnes + Wiggins, but calling out  the Celtics and the suns reference. Well played. 

btw. there is not much of a  - if any -  gap between Hunter, smart and Wiggins. And Dre still has some developing to go. 

you are correct tho. This is a non point.

Plenty of historical examples of a player of Dre’s ability being a #3 on a championship winning team   

44 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'm with you. I hate Grayson Allen with a passion. At least Laimbeer would own up to being dirty and would fight back in the day. Allen is dirty but claims he's not. Can't stand that dirty scumbag. Easily my most hated player in the game today.

Yeah Grayson is the sothron of the NBA, amirite?

🙂

Oh come on, laugh saffron. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

conveniently ignoring Harrison barnes + Wiggins, but calling out  the Celtics and the suns reference. Well played. 

btw. there is not much of a  - if any -  gap between Hunter, smart and Wiggins. And Dre still has some developing to go. 

you are correct tho. This is a non point.

Plenty of historical examples of a player of Dre’s ability being a #3 on a championship winning team   

naw I was just pointing out the goal post moving.

Hunter is not as good as Barnes was back then.  And he's nowhere near the same class as Wiggins last year.  Unless you're gonna tell me these are similar stats:

17.2 ppg on .543 efg% , 1.4 VORP, 5.1WS, 0.4BPM

13.4 ppg on .506 efg%, -0.8 VORP, 1.7WS, -3.1 BPM

Now go find me all those championship winning teams who's 3rd best player was as bad as Hunter.

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, warcore said:

You come on now you know Hunter needs to shut up and dribble. 

:sarcastic:sorry I had to

Hunter does need to shut up and dribble only because I don't think he could talk and dribble at the same time.  he already struggles to breath and dribble at the same time.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, AHF said:

From a pure metrics situation here is how they line up:

Career / 2022-23

PER

Hunter 10.8 / 11.9

Smart 12.5 / 12.7

Wiggins 14.8 / 15.6

WS/48

Hunter 0.041 / 0.068

Smart 0.092 / 0.098

Wiggins 0.057 / 0.096

BPM

Hunter -3.4 / -3.1

Smart -0.2 / -0.7

Wiggins -1.4 / +0.5

VORP

Hunter -2.0 / -0.3

Smart +7.6 / +0.4

Wiggins +3.2 / +0.6

RAPTOR (2023 Only)

Hunter -1.4

Smart +1.2

Wiggins +1.2

WAR (2023 Only)

Hunter +0.9

Smart +2.7

Wiggins +1.9

Note:  Wiggins has never been the #3 best player on a championship team.  Top 3 have been 3 of  Curry, Klay, Durant, and Green on any given GSW championship team.  He has done so much better as a third or fourth option, though.  Fits him much better.  (This year he is the 4th scoring option.)

also not really fair to compare the whole careers.  Wiggins had a huge bump when he got to GSW.   I only looked at last season since that was teh season Wiggins won a title.