• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, shakes said:

also not really fair to compare the whole careers.  Wiggins had a huge bump when he got to GSW.   I only looked at last season since that was teh season Wiggins won a title.

I gave both this season and careers just so there is more data for people to digest.  Where possible, I did not give cumulative stats.  For example, I did not compare career Win Shares where Hunter has 4.7 compared to Smart's 32.3 and Wiggins' 25.8 because Hunter has had significantly fewer seasons in which to accumulate numbers.  I instead used the WS/48 numbers which are rate numbers, not cumulative.   Avoiding cumulative numbers also gives Hunter a pass on missed games.  Since his numbers were worse in every category, I didn't think that accounting for his missed time was really needed but I suppose you could argue that not accounting for it inflates his numbers.

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

No he’s not. Not to me at least. Smart is nice. I hate his a$$ but if he’s a Hawk I like him tons. Specially playoff time.

I actually like Smart and would like to have him but i'd make the case that he's been on a better team.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, h4wkfan said:

Klay is the clear #2 on that Warriors squad. Harrison barnes  was arguably their #3 their first championship. Reasonable expectations. 

how about last year for golden state? Andrew Wiggins/jordan Poole type impact? Reasonable.

Last years Celtics teams … Marcus smart? Reasonable. 

When the suns went - Mikal bridges? Sure that’s reasonable  

He won’t reach jrue holiday level sure. Yet somehow - we took that team to 6 games 2 years ago. And arguably lost because of a ref. 

also in don’t believe dre is a final produc

"he's 25 and barely has a 2 full seasons worth of nba games under his belt"

Geez.....

1 hour ago, h4wkfan said:

conveniently ignoring Harrison barnes + Wiggins, but calling out  the Celtics and the suns reference. Well played. 

btw. there is not much of a  - if any -  gap between Hunter, smart and Wiggins. And Dre still has some developing to go. 

you are correct tho. This is a non point.

Plenty of historical examples of a player of Dre’s ability being a #3 on a championship winning team   

Whats crazy is Wiggins is on a 2.5 years older than Dre.. Seems like he's been around forever.. lol

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

No he’s not. Not to me at least. Smart is nice. I hate his a$$ but if he’s a Hawk I like him tons. Specially playoff time.

Yeah (not so)Smart brings a dimension and toughness we lack.  I like Hunter but he's a bit passive fairly often.  Smart ain't that.

On a side note, gotta give @shakes his daily Kam and AD update.  Today they're touting the greatness of Julius Randle.  Nevermind him quitting on his team and refusing to do media when he struggles.  Oh and nevermind the knix fall last season.  That's not on him, lookit the numbers.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member

We know Hunter's counting stats and even advanced metrics aren't great. It is his skill set of being able to guard well on the wing and to shoot at around 40% on three's that we just don't have, at all, on the roster. Like literally no one else on this team has that skill set. 

if we keep our first rounder I have to think they will look to address that in the draft.

• Like 5

On 1/21/2023 at 3:20 PM, Gray Mule said:

Hey you super - duper guys with all the inside information (Te-He) please, while you are all contemplating all these potential trades, show me a trade for Mark Williams.

Impossible, old man, did you all agree?  Nothing is impossible, just highly unlikely.  The Hornets will be in Atlanta tonight.  Maybe we will actually see him in action.

I know.  I know.  I just keep on.  But an old proverb says, "The squeaky wheel is the one that gets the grease."  Therefore, I squeak!!

:smug:

No.  I didn't see any answer.  Nothing seems to be happening right now.  I couldn't watch this game because the Hornets are a NC team and I'm in NC, therefore they are local (Only a 5 hour hard drive away).  I've heard rumors of some Hawks possibly moving but not for Mark Williams.

I just hold on and keep hoping!

:bb:

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

No.  I didn't see any answer.  Nothing seems to be happening right now.  I couldn't watch this game because the Hornets are a NC team and I'm in NC, therefore they are local (Only a 5 hour hard drive away).  I've heard rumors of some Hawks possibly moving but not for Mark Williams.

I just hold on and keep hoping!

:bb:

GM, I hate to say this but the Hornets drafted Williams to be their center of the future. There's no realistic trade I can imagine for the Hawks to get him.

Is there someone that can send GM the *cough* special links to watch any NBA game he wants to see? I don't have them anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 1/24/2023 at 12:02 PM, macdaddy said:

Yeah that's my thing too.  I just want to be right and rub people's face in it.  

Smart alec!!! Hey I been thinking about your avatar Falcons loss change. Here is a candidate. Whatcha think?

5557460D-58E3-4486-8062-EC23E2D24D21.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Another Bleacher Report banger. Trae to LA in the offseason?

Bookmark this one for later. The Atlanta Hawks are looking to make changes, and while Trae Young is not asking out and the team isn't trying to trade him, this could be a hot topic in the offseason.

"I think Trae will want out after the season," one NBA source said. "The Hawks probably try to get out of John Collins and others by the deadline, but Trae's a long shot. Maybe the [Lakers] in July with his ties to Klutch [Sports]."

Atlanta already acquired a potential replacement in Dejounte Murray. While this may not be a trade deadline topic, keep an eye on the Hawks and their relationship with Young over the coming months.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10062655-2023-nba-trade-watch-best-available-guards-and-their-top-landing-spots