• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

3 hours ago, warcore said:

There's a drop off from Clint to Ayton....

but there's also a drop off from Jae to Bogi...

It's about a wash imo

There’s a drop off defensively between capela to Ayton for sure but we can’t look at it one way because there’s also a big gain offensively from Capela to Ayton. I personally believe Ayton offensive game is way ahead of Capelas offensive game by a wide margin whereas defensively between these two Capelas defense is just better then Aytons but not to a point where Ayton is unbearable on that end. Therefore this is easily an upgrade for us imo.

as for bogi vs Jae…clearly bogi offense crushes crowders. But put me on the short list of people who believe old man Jae is probably still a way better defender than bogi who can at least hit open 3s when they are there.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’d be on board but that’s a pipe dream. I don’t wanna be the Debbie downer. 

Which part ?

getting Ayton ?….in my opinion it isn’t a pipe dream. It’s almost too good to be true that it’s a high possibility. Hawks should be moving full speed ahead on getting Ayton. 

now keeping JC with Ayton may be a pipe dream only because our cheap ass owner will not opt to pay lux tax.

trading Ayton and JC for Embiid or KAT….it does sound like a pipe dream until you consider the position those two are in. If harden goes back to Houston that’s going to really frustrate Embiid so no telling what happens but if he ask out then Ayton and Collins is hell of a trade package I find very hard for other teams to match. As for KAT they will not want Ayton since Gobert is there but they would entertain a package of DJM and Collins for KAT.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JTB said:

Which part ?

Us getting Ayton. That’s a dream. Ayton with a guy like Trae and it’s over. One thing though, I still question Ayton’s heart. Physical tools he should be a top 5 guy in the league, he’s not, he’s like top 25, why? Heart 💜 

31 minutes ago, JTB said:

Hawks should be moving full speed ahead on getting Ayton. 

Ya I agree why not give it full effort.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, warcore said:

There's a drop off from Clint to Ayton....

but there's also a drop off from Jae to Bogi...

It's about a wash imo

Nah.  Two things happen with Ayton.

OO becomes a permanent backup...

Our defense becomes poor. 

As far as offense... it's 2k right now.  We don't know what Ayton would bring to us...  if He can't excel playing with CP3.. Playing with Trae is going to be something.   Moreover, what type of attitude are we bringing into our lockerroom?  2 malcontents?  2 guys who would give up on the team if they don't like their role?   OK...

I think we can find an easier trade for Bogi... that would swap out defense. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, marco102 said:

How can you look at AJ and say hmm I don't want to play that?

Even JJ's improving with more playing time.

I'm going to give the man his credit because JJ Sucked at the beginning of the year.  Most coaches would have sent him back to the G-League.   Steve  Kerr wouldn't have played him.   Bud wouldn't have played him...  I give Nate credit for sticking with him.  We could have been watching Culver or JHoli.

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I'm going to give the man his credit because JJ Sucked at the beginning of the year.  Most coaches would have sent him back to the G-League.   Steve  Kerr wouldn't have played him.   Bud wouldn't have played him...  I give Nate credit for sticking with him.  We could have been watching Culver or JHoli.

Explain not wanting to play AJ?

I don't have a problem with Nate sitting them when they are struggling. I have a problem with him not wanting to play them just because they are young. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, marco102 said:

Explain not wanting to play AJ?

I don't have a problem with Nate sitting them when they are struggling. I have a problem with him not wanting to play them just because they are young. 

AJ is playing.

Who does AJ replace in the lineup?  Usually AJ comes in for Trae and DJ moves over to the 1. 

6 hours ago, marco102 said:

How can you look at AJ and say hmm I don't want to play that?

Even JJ's improving with more playing time.

Heh, you guys are so cute but you're not seeing the forest for the trees here.

Let's look at the statement again ....

being forced to play guys he doesn't want to play as regular rotation players. Hint: he's talking about our young guys not named OO and A. Holiday. 

He has a problem "being forced to play guys he doesn't want to play..."

And he's referring to "young guys not named OO/AHol."

Do yall think Trae is "old"?

iRobot out here tryna roll with that AHol/Bogd backcourt on yall.

Trae for TJ McConnell, who says no?  Certainly not iRobot .....

🤫

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, Sothron said:

being forced to play guys he doesn't want to play as regular rotation players. Hint: he's talking about our young guys not named OO and A. Holiday. 

I read that as "still pissed that Kevin Huerter isn't a Hawk," I read that as "still pissed about other acquisitions that could have been made that none of us know about, but were not b/c of the LT thing."

But I interpret it, too, knowing that there are no quotes here, only paraphrases, and that I'm at least two, possibly three versions away from the original words that came out of the head coach's mouth.

We all get this choice constantly in life... will I assume the best or the worst, as it could go either way. Some of us choose the former, some of us choose the latter. I just urge people to do what they'd like done to them. Golden rule and all that.

Nate is a good man by almost anyone's account. Nate is not stupid. I start there in how I decode what's going on.

Hawks attempts to showcase Bogi for a trade seem to have backfired with all interest in deals where Bogi is included have cooled.  Teams don't trust his knees.

You might as well drive past that. Something might happen but it doesn't look good.

Attempts to showcase the Holiday brothers have also backfired with neither drawing much interest (and may have cost us a few wins).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One last nugget.  There may be some discontent on Nate's staff with ownership.  The push to showcase talent and take minutes from Griffin, Johnson and Kaminsky.  A few on his staff believe in Johnson and Kaminsky from a defensive presence standpoint.  All believe in Griffin.  

The ownership message is two-sided between win now and help us get value in trades. Do not be surprised if there's a writeup on this in the media early next week or maybe held back to right after the deadline.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Sengun is the only good player on the squad. The rest just put up stats and have extreme talent, well at least Green does.

Sengun has all of the tools on offense.  He could easily be "Baby Jokic" offensively in about 2 - 3 years. 

Unfortunately, unless we install some type of offensive system in which players cut to the basket off the ball, his full offensive potential wouldn't be unlocked here because the guy is a very good low post player, and even a better low post passer.

With no real offensive game outside of 10 feet, that limits him as well. But I think he can expand his range seeing that he has made a few three point shots this season.

Defensively, you lose a lot with him on the floor.  I personally think if you pair him with another defensive big that can guard the 4 and the 5, it could really unlock him as an even more dangerous weapon on offense.  It'll be interesting to see if Houston runs all offense through him next year, to see if his playmaking ability can make everyone around him better.