• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Sheesh, seems like 'showcasing' guys like JHaul cost us games early and 'showcasing' Cap (allegedly) now is costing us games late.

Dang, we're gettin' it from both ends and collectin' no tips.

😐

Well hopefully they know the Hawks arent winning the chip or anything close to it this season as constructed...

Might as well try to get the right pieces in here while you can..

48 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I thought I was clear earlier.  Bogi's lingering knee issues have almost certainly killed that deal. He was central to getting it done.  The Suns were waiting on the health of both players, not just Clint.

Wait what deal in specific got killed?

hopefully not the suns and personally capela appears healthy to me so the hold up if there is one must be bogi but if I have it correctly, bogi is on the table for crowder in the deal and if that’s the case at least on our end bogi is in season condition whereas we’d be taking a blind gamble on crowder who hasn’t played all season.

but the gamble on crowder is worth it if you can trade for Ayton.

I may be in the minority but the longer we go with not playing capela starter minutes vs teams he should get a lot of playing time against, the worse our record will be. It’s going to be a huge upset for this team to miss the playoffs all together if that happens so hopefully the FO has this whole potential trade figured out. In the mist of this they are gambling away games for a potential trade as @kg01 put it and I agree.

55 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I thought I was clear earlier.  Bogi's lingering knee issues have almost certainly killed that deal. He was central to getting it done.  The Suns were waiting on the health of both players, not just Clint.

What were they expecting? A 100% Bogi? Bogi has always had knee issues..

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Our insiders (blink, blink, blink) said this was the case.

If I'm misinterpreting this, please correct me. As I read it, though, the suggestion of the "(blink, blink, blink)" is that "our insiders" aren't credible. I hope I'm off in left field with that. And I hope everyone else who decided to respond with a laughing emoji gets the humor in it that I'm not getting. Sincerely.

If I'm not misinterpreting... under the circumstances of recent history that I've eliminated any public interaction with a poster here for the first time ever... then, I have to be consistent.

I'm not going to defend the specific information our insiders pass along, as-if I have any way of assessing that.

I am going to defend their integrity, though.

Be skeptical of the accuracy of the intel itself... be skeptical of how "inside" their insider might be placed. That's not an indictment of them, that's just stating the reality that by virtue of the obvious constraints, they cannot reveal the position of their sources. And, it's just objective reality that a whole whole whole lot gets discussed that never gets implemented/executed for a whole variety of reasons that only the actual decision-maker(s) would know (... and I'm confident that none of our insiders are claiming to have connection with the actual decision-makers(s)).

But I have complete confidence that none of our guys here make crap up, and further I have complete confidence that each do their darndest to report whatever information they receive as unfiltered by their own biases as possible.

Goodness gracious, I hope now someone will follow this post with something that embarrasses me for even thinking to interpret kg's post as I did.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, JTB said:

I may be in the minority but the longer we go with not playing capela starter minutes

You do know Capela played and averaged starter minutes of 27.6 mpg last year though right?  Same as this year so far 27.1 mpg. He topped out at 30 mog 

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, JTB said:

I may be in the minority but the longer we go with not playing capela starter minutes

You do know Capela played and averaged starter minutes of 27.6 mpg last year though right?  Same as this year so far 27.1 mpg. He topped out at 30 mpg his first year here.

56 minutes ago, sturt said:

If I'm misinterpreting this, please correct me. As I read it, though, the suggestion of the "(blink, blink, blink)" is that "our insiders" aren't credible. I hope I'm off in left field with that. And I hope everyone else who decided to respond with a laughing emoji gets the humor in it that I'm not getting. Sincerely.

If I'm not misinterpreting... under the circumstances of recent history that I've eliminated any public interaction with a poster here for the first time ever... then, I have to be consistent.

I'm not going to defend the specific information our insiders pass along, as-if I have any way of assessing that.

I am going to defend their integrity, though.

Be skeptical of the accuracy of the intel itself... be skeptical of how "inside" their insider might be placed. That's not an indictment of them, that's just stating the reality that by virtue of the obvious constraints, they cannot reveal the position of their sources. And, it's just objective reality that a whole whole whole lot gets discussed that never gets implemented/executed for a whole variety of reasons that only the actual decision-maker(s) would know (... and I'm confident that none of our insiders are claiming to have connection with the actual decision-makers(s)).

But I have complete confidence that none of our guys here make crap up, and further I have complete confidence that each do their darndest to report whatever information they receive as unfiltered by their own biases as possible.

Goodness gracious, I hope now someone will follow this post with something that embarrasses me for even thinking to interpret kg's post as I did.

Long story short, the blink-blink is sarcastic questioning of the insiders.  Way to kill the joke tho, stu. 😁

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
On 1/28/2023 at 9:53 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

I thought Bogi was playing too many minutes.  He should be about Gallo minutes topping out at 25 mpg. 31 mpg is just too much.

I don't get, in the few games we had our full squad he shortens the rotation to 8 guys.

Hopefully this becomes the norm.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You do know Capela played and averaged starter minutes of 27.6 mpg last year though right?  Same as this year so far 27.1 mpg. He topped out at 30 mpg his first year here.

Didn’t pay any attention honestly but regardless capela need to play when he’s needed. I’m fine with his avg being 27 but in games he’s needed it shouldn’t be a tall ask for him to play more .

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

My two Hawks sources confirmed this earlier this past week. PHX has "cooled" on the big trade because of Bogi's knees. Deal is not completely dead but Crowder had been told earlier he was coming to Atlanta and now that's up in the air. Same with the other players in the proposed trade. 

Well that sucks but thanks for the update.

• Like 1