• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

1 hour ago, ShooterSays said:

Embiid is a pipe dream. Philly finally has it figured out. Doubt he’d want to leave their situation for our cluster f***…even if they lose Harden. 

Would be nice though. I believe a Trae/Embiid pairing wins a chip.

image.thumb.png.ded2e2f10e228756123ebd89fe0312ff.png

Yeah i gotta agree. Embiid may actually rather stay in place with Maxey and Tobias then hope to use harden salary for a deeper roster assuming Hardens contract coming off the books give them some kind of cap relief if he leaves.

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:
Similarly, after years of being on the trade block, sources believe the Hawks are unlikely to trade John Collins under the new front office that took over this season.

"Guys,guys.. this Turner extension has killed the clicks on that story.  But hey, we got like 4 years out if it.  Cant be greedy(er).  Time to cultivate the Collins clicks, but how to do it?  I know, let's report(sic) all our prior news(sic) of his imminent trade were all fiction.  Start fresh next year!" - BSPN

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

image.gif.40be378380a68eeabd94d7d21a77c4ed.gif

That's a double-pump,backwards finish on that alley-oop.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Guys,guys.. this Turner extension has killed the clicks on that story.  But hey, we got like 4 years out if it.  Cant be greedy(er).  Time to cultivate the Collins clicks, but how to do it?  I know, let's report(sic) all our prior news(sic) of his imminent trade were all fiction.  Start fresh next year!" - BSPN

Turner can still be traded at the deadline though, lol.

• Premium Member

If our new FO isn't reactionary, do we expect no changes to happen at the deadline even if we win out until then? I feel like previously trades weren't made since we usually go streaking around this time

13 hours ago, akay said:

If our new FO isn't reactionary, do we expect no changes to happen at the deadline even if we win out until then? I feel like previously trades weren't made since we usually go streaking around this time

After last night's game we don't have this worry!

:cry:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, akay said:

None. Limited options. A lot of buyers but not for a good price. The summer will be much better. 

• Like 3

On 1/27/2023 at 4:17 PM, Sothron said:

Non trade update from sources about the Hawks:

Nate is frustrated that the fans/local media are not giving him flowers about the Hawks improved defense this year and his coaching job overall. He feels he has done a really good job keeping this team in the playoff hunt with all the turmoil in the front office, the refusal to pay the LT and being forced to play guys he doesn't want to play as regular rotation players. Hint: he's talking about our young guys not named OO and A. Holiday. 

He thinks he has grown AJ, OO and even Jalen and no one gives him credit for it. He also has added more wrinkles in the offense to try and diversify the offense and fans aren't giving him the credit for it. He did not want to lose Gallo and Kevin and he's making hash out of the scraps the FO gave him because Ressler won't pay the LT.

Nate feels he has done a really good job this year and instead of getting flowers he's getting non stop negativity and the fans wanting him gone. He knows the FO wants to move on from in the off season. Nate feels he even has gotten through to Trae about Trae playing defense and he is actually playing defense for the last month and a half.

Our three man think tank of Nick Ressler, Landry Fields and Korver are split amongst who they want as the next HC. D'antoni, Snyder, Atkinson and Udoka are the leading candidates but they also are giving serious thought about hiring a younger assistant to try and fit better with our team. The FO definitely feels that Nate is far too out of touch with the roster and his coaching style is too old school. The FO wants us to run more and get out in transition more and lead to more three point shots.

DJM and Trae are determined to make things work out in Atlanta. DJM wants to stay in Atlanta long term but he wants to see what the team does in the offseason. Trae is all in on Atlanta. All this talk about Trae going to LA or wherever is simply absurd. FO is determined to make the best team possible AROUND Trae. 

charles lee will be the next head coach of the hawks. remember this post