• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Moderators

Thanks @Sothron, that all sounds like our front office in that it largely makes no sense.   They want to show people we're serious about contending and try desperately to stay out of the tax.   

Can't see how JC and Capela will get us Embiid.   I think it'll have to be one of them plus AJ or Hunter.   But also can't see Embiid going anywhere.   KAT i could see though and we're just going to have to roll the dice.  beggars can't be choosers. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Thanks @Sothron, that all sounds like our front office in that it largely makes no sense.   They want to show people we're serious about contending and try desperately to stay out of the tax.   

Can't see how JC and Capela will get us Embiid.   I think it'll have to be one of them plus AJ or Hunter.   But also can't see Embiid going anywhere.   KAT i could see though and we're just going to have to roll the dice.  beggars can't be choosers. 

They aren't paying the LT this season but they are trying to convince Tony to pay the LT for next season and going forwards. JC and Capela alone aren't getting Embiid but it would be part of a package. All of that hinges on Harden leaving to go to Houston (which I think is likely) in the off season and Embiid wanting out of Philly.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Sothron said:

If @NBASupes and @thecampster want to chime in on what I posted below please feel free. I got this from two sources in the Hawks so I feel comfortable enough to share it with their blessing.

Got a more detailed update today from hawks sources.

Basically they think the mood has shifted in the FO about JC. Now they want to keep him at least through the summer and see if they can get a big name back in a trade or just keep him. Fields is correctly telling teams they view JC as a positive asset and they are not going to salary dump him like they did with Huerter. 

They have reached out to Chicago about Caruso but the price was too high. Same with the Pacers on TJ McConnell. The problem is both compensation and in trying to get salaries off our books so we don't pay the LT this season. 

It sounds like PHX has backed off the big trade. There's still a chance of it happening but it sounded like it was actually closer to happening once Ayton could be traded than it is now. The reason why is because PHX and other teams are scared of Bogi's knee and his health. 

Nick Ressler and the FO are in fact trying to convince Tony Ressler to pay the LT next season so they can keep this team together and use the MLE to try and improve the roster. The FO thinks if they keep JC and Harden does walk to Houston and Embiid wants out that we could offer Philly a good trade package for Embiid. JC and Capela would be in the trade offer. 

If that doesn't happen they still feel they can move JC and Capela either together or in separate deals to get a better team in the offseason. The FO wants OO to start at center next season unless they upgrade at the center position. There has been more quiet talk about seeing what value Trae would have around the league but Nick Ressler will never trade him unless Trae asks to be traded. And that's not happening. 

The FO is hoping Nate retires so they are off the hook on his contract in the offseason. It sounds 100% that Nate is going to retire at the end of the season. He is fed up dealing with Trae, the fans, the media and the FO situation. They want to make a big name hire to impress the fans, media and the team with how serious they are about competing for a title. They also feel convincing Tony to pay the LT will go a long way to getting a better coach in the offseason as well as what quality players they could get with the MLE.  The next coach will be asked to be more higher in pace, take more three's and be more "relatable" to the younger players. I was told D'antoni is basically rubbing his hands praying he gets the job offer. Synder, Atkinson, Udoka are the other big names. They are looking at young assistant coaches but the feeling is if they want to make a big hire you can't do that with a young assistant coach.

KAT is still in play in the offseason if the Embiid situation falls through. The FO really wants to add a third star around Trae and DJM and they know the only place for that to happen is at either center of power forward. Hunter's skill set is too valuable to trade so he's not going anywhere. The FO is really looking hard at possible center and PF upgrades to the roster. They like JC and Capela but feel one of them can go (at least) to make an upgrade to the front court.

Kudos to @Diesel

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

If Philly loses in the playoffs it’s likely it all falls apart there. However it will take some serious recruiting by DJM and Trae to get a big 3 going. It’s easier to get a big 3 together when you have two of the 3 but it will take some hard work to get that 3rd guy whether KAT or Embiid or somebody else.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Sothron said:

They have reached out to Chicago about Caruso but the price was too high. Same with the Pacers on TJ McConnell. The problem is both compensation and in trying to get salaries off our books so we don't pay the LT this season. 

Interesting that they are looking for a PG. 

The LT really hamstrings us this season. We are $1.2 million under but $1 mil of that's tied to incentives for DJ and CC.

Bulls are asking for 2 1sts for Caruso. Smh.

What is Indy asking for McConnell?

• Premium Member

Apparently, had already "caught on," but I try to grant as much benefit of a doubt as I can, since God knows I've misinterpreted comments once or twice before. I don't know that you would give a damn anyhow, but if only because I have to live with me, I do have to be consistent in how I react when someone edges over the line from reasonable skepticism about some information to assaulting the character of another poster. I'm not the boss of you. But I am the boss of me, and I'm hoping, sincerely, that we're on the same page about where that line exists so my boss doesn't yell at me. Just sayin.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I go back farther with Mike D'Antoni and his brother Dan than I even do my Atlanta Hawks, growing up as I did in the shadow of Veterans Memorial Fieldhouse (home of the Marshall Thundering Herd until 1980 or so) where the Mullens, WV bros both first became famous.

Just conjecture on my part, but it's easy for me to believe that, at 71, Mike's not so anxious to get back to being a head coach as is ordinarily assumed. I think his backing off and taking a lower profile these last few seasons is by design, and that rather than going back to that, he's more likely to prefer to go back to a front office gig--which was the context of his first NBA job, actually (DEN director of player personnel). It would not surprise me in the least for him to seek out a Pat Riley kind-of role.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

That is accurate and the interest is both ways.

He gonna be Udoka's OC?

😉

2 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

I think it's pretty well known that Nate is not a fan of Trae and likewise.  

Wink, wink.........is that is how it's done?

It's blink-blink-blink, uncle vol.

In for a dime, in for a dollar, chief. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

I think it's pretty well known that Nate is not a fan of Trae and likewise.  

Wink, wink.........is that is how it's done?

He plays Murray more min than Trae.....

Murray is 6th in the NBA in min per game.. 

Trae is 21st...

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

So, in your opinion, it's not lack of talent, it's not lack of Xs and Os.... we just have too many lazy ass prima donnas.

Hmm.

That's a lot different than what I usually read here.

All 3 can be true..... Just sayin...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1