• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

27 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Non trade update from sources about the Hawks:

Nate is frustrated that the fans/local media are not giving him flowers about the Hawks improved defense this year and his coaching job overall. He feels he has done a really good job keeping this team in the playoff hunt with all the turmoil in the front office, the refusal to pay the LT and being forced to play guys he doesn't want to play as regular rotation players. Hint: he's talking about our young guys not named OO and A. Holiday. 

He thinks he has grown AJ, OO and even Jalen and no one gives him credit for it. He also has added more wrinkles in the offense to try and diversify the offense and fans aren't giving him the credit for it. He did not want to lose Gallo and Kevin and he's making hash out of the scraps the FO gave him because Ressler won't pay the LT.

Nate feels he has done a really good job this year and instead of getting flowers he's getting non stop negativity and the fans wanting him gone. He knows the FO wants to move on from in the off season. Nate feels he even has gotten through to Trae about Trae playing defense and he is actually playing defense for the last month and a half.

Our three man think tank of Nick Ressler, Landry Fields and Korver are split amongst who they want as the next HC. D'antoni, Snyder, Atkinson and Udoka are the leading candidates but they also are giving serious thought about hiring a younger assistant to try and fit better with our team. The FO definitely feels that Nate is far too out of touch with the roster and his coaching style is too old school. The FO wants us to run more and get out in transition more and lead to more three point shots.

DJM and Trae are determined to make things work out in Atlanta. DJM wants to stay in Atlanta long term but he wants to see what the team does in the offseason. Trae is all in on Atlanta. All this talk about Trae going to LA or wherever is simply absurd. FO is determined to make the best team possible AROUND Trae. 

@Diesel

5a12ef4ef914c360018b4f25?width=1000&form

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Got a small update on the PHX/Atl trade rumors: Phx is hesitant about Bogi's knee and the Hawks are hesitant about Crowder coming in at this point with zero games played is a question of game shape and how many games it would take to get him going.

Appreciate the updates! Nothing on the Ayton front?

• Premium Member

Never one to give a flip about my popularity or lack thereof, so allow me to give a big........................

source.gif

to Nate.

He's right.

People who've never been asked to coach so much as a varsity high school team, and many never even asked to coach a midget league team can sit and critique the Xs and Os all they want.... Nate is a mature, calming presence who's seen it all. He's not been to the mountaintop, no, but he's been a key member of multiple teams that got closer than anyone in this organization today, and he's almost always as a player and a coach gotten to the post season no matter who management put on the roster for him to work beside or under him. He's a quality coach who, with a little more luck and/or a little more money spent on the roster, could be a quality coach with a ring. I genuinely believe that. Whoever we would replace him with would, at best, be marginally better... not the difference between winning or losing a conference or league title unless the opponent's roster genuinely is exactly equivalent to what we've got. I hope, Nate, you put 'em all to shame for being so contrary... ie, those who are being so contrary. I don't know if they're the majority or not... I figure it's likely more about a loud minority being loud, and rather, most have no strong opinion either way.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

He will be ready. Guys like Draymond eww, Smart and Crowder.. they are ready to go. 

The Hawk hesitancy makes no sense.   It's a cap saving move.   That's the bottom line. 

• Thanks 1

Based on Soths last update I think the best possible move is getting Ayton here even if there is doubt about Crowder. Aytons fit , potential, upside, and trade market would work great for Atlanta.

If you can get Ayton and keep JC, the front office could then truly look into a possibility of acquiring Embiid or Towns. But you can’t realistically look at those options with Collins and Capela in my opinion.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, JTB said:

Based on Soths last update I think the best possible move is getting Ayton here even if there is doubt about Crowder. Aytons fit , potential, upside, and trade market would work great for Atlanta.

If you can get Ayton and keep JC, the front office could then truly look into a possibility of acquiring Embiid or Towns. But you can’t realistically look at those options with Collins and Capela in my opinion.

So the trade would Be Ayton/Crowder for Clint/Bogi?

Defensively..   we would need a lot of work. 

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

DJM and Trae are determined to make things work out in Atlanta. DJM wants to stay in Atlanta long term but he wants to see what the team does in the offseason. Trae is all in on Atlanta. All this talk about Trae going to LA or wherever is simply absurd. FO is determined to make the best team possible AROUND Trae. 

Talk, uh actions, is cheap.  You need to go into the Luxury tax to do this. 

Nate has a point.  The more reasonable fans have said this.  That doesn't absolve him from the terrible play earlier in the season. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Stop worrying about what the fans say. 

Not really a fair reaction, imo.

First, it's a tightrope that anyone who's job is in the public eye, sports or otherwise, has to negotiate for themselves... don't want to let the noise get in one's head, but also don't want to be naive.

Two. Did he make his comments publicly? If yes, that's a different story. Whatever he said, it's private, hence the idea of "insider" information... someone on the inside revealed to us things that Nate didn't know would be shared.

Three. I chose the phrase "whatever he said"... and, no offense to Soth's friend... and it's the other pivotal element here. We know what Soth's friend took from what Nate said. By nature, it's second hand, and by nature, it's not verbatim, and by nature, even if it were verbatim we'd still be left without the advantages of context, nonverbals, and without the benefit of knowing what else was said that was left out of Soth's friends recall.

Last, and trying to tie it up in a bow... this is a man who was stabbed in the back about as blatantly and publicly as anyone has ever been in all the years I've been paying attention to NBA basketball... shook his hand on a new deal one week, and the next, let go. There are few if any other people more deserving of some latitude where it concerns this kind of thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JTB said:

I’d be on board but that’s a pipe dream. I don’t wanna be the Debbie downer.