• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Moderators

Our problem is the bench.  One reason Hunter is indispensable is because we got no one backing him up.  AJ is really a 2, JJ is a 4 and both are still learning.  

We need more wings on this team that can shoot and defend at least passably.  Unfortunately we've got nothing to trade to get it because in the last year we've gotten rid of Cam, Delon, Kevin, and Gallo who were all players with value and all we have to show for that is DJ.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Diesel said:

This move gets you out of Dre's contract and gets you a guy that more explosive, less shooter but plays strong defense. 

:blanky:...that was supposed to be his real strebth coming out the draft, but no. His defense isn't good enough to make up for his offense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:blanky:...that was supposed to be his real strebth coming out the draft, but no. His defense isn't good enough to make up for his offense.

Yeah... I gave it to you in order.

If you really want to get out of the contract, you will have to take somebody not of equal worth.  He's a slasher right now.   I don't think he can be a three point threat.   However, he does play good defense... which is hard to find.   Now that Hunter is Asthmatic, it's going to be hard to get out of his deal or to trade him.  

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, h4wkfan said:

Minus the injury bug I’m ok with that. I think he can be a good enough #3 on a championship winner. 

no way.  Not even close to that level.

Klay Thompson

Jrue Holiday or Middleton

I don't count the bubble as a legit championship

Lowry or Van Vleet

Klay or Draymond

Kevin Love

no idea who #3 guy was for Spurs but I'm sure he's alot better than Hunter

Chris Bosh

YOu gotta put the crack pipe down if you think Hunter has even a snowball chance in hell of being on any of those players' level.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Yeah... I gave it to you in order.

If you really want to get out of the contract, you will have to take somebody not of equal worth. He's a slasher right now. I don't think he can be a three point threat. However, he does play good defense... which is hard to find. Now that Hunter is Asthmatic, it's going to be hard to get out of his deal or to trade him.  

The asthma can be managed, not the first player with it - Harden, Rodman, Javale McGee, Nique, and more.

Saving money for less talent....yuck. count me out.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

My eyes!!!!  My eyes!!!!

Okoro will be out of the league in a few years and will go down as an all time worst lotto pick ever.  He has no discernible NBA skill other than height and he's short for the position he should be playing which is center.

Hunter may not be great but he serves a role when healthy.  Okoro is miles away from even sniffing that.

I take this trade proposal as a personal insult, Dieso.  I literally clutched the pearls when I read it.  How could you, Dieso?  How could you? 

Wait, Okoro was your dude in that draft. :er: Emphasis apparently on WAS. :sarcastic: You also made me blue ball Precious Achuiwa, poor guy.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

My eyes!!!!  My eyes!!!!

Okoro will be out of the league in a few years and will go down as an all time worst lotto pick ever.  He has no discernible NBA skill other than height and he's short for the position he should be playing which is center.

Hunter may not be great but he serves a role when healthy.  Okoro is miles away from even sniffing that.

I take this trade proposal as a personal insult, Dieso.  I literally clutched the pearls when I read it.  How could you, Dieso?  How could you? 

You can unclutch those pearls. 

I am not pushing this.  It's just one of the only trades I could find for PPP. 

Anonymous:

There is one poster and one poster only on this site who ever so offended me by what he posted about me (character attack), that I made a self pledge never to engage him again... he made some claims about me that were both subjectively unfair and objectively untrue. But it never even occurred to me to want to take this step where I don't even want to have the mere capacity to read his/her posts. (Not important who that is... s/he doesn't post here very often anymore, if ever.)

What's made this different is that it's about someone doing that to someone else. If it's about me, who cares. But it's a bridge too far when it's about someone else in the family/community, and especially when that someone else is grossly undeserving of that kind of attitude.

If someone slaps your brother around in front of the entire school, but then your brother comes to you and tells you that they've quietly made amends... it's still not okay until that someone is as public in his own repentance as he was in his bad behavior. Your brother might just be that nice of a guy. And had the original offense happened privately, maybe that could be enough. That's not this.

And so, yeah, others can make their own judgments based on their own standards, but where I come from and how I was raised... I need to see the guy who did what he did to my brother stand up in front of the class and express some remorse and give some explanation. So, figuring that'll never happen, this will just be the on-going state of play. Not what I'd rather, but I only control what I control, ie, my own reaction. It's fine. Moving on.

•  

Edited by Spud2nique