• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Bogi for Crowder would be good for us i think if Crowder can get in shape.   But they have to send out another player to make it work.   Who would it be?

Probably Shamet since he has multiple years left on his deal (ideally Saric since he's expiring) - Shamet has 3 years left after this season at $10.2, $11.0 and $11.75 respectively, but only the 2023-24 season is guaranteed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Bogi for Crowder would be good for us i think if Crowder can get in shape.   But they have to send out another player to make it work.   Who would it be?

No it wouldn't.  1-leg'd Bogd helps us more than no-leg Crowder. 

• Haha 2

• Moderators
Just now, kg01 said:

No it wouldn't.  1-leg'd Bogd helps us more than no-leg Crowder. 

I don't know.  Bogi has been super inconsistent.  Crowder at least provides some bulk but i have questions as to whether he's going to be effective after sitting out at his age.  Shamet is ok.  At least he's a real player who can shoot a little.  

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya, the crowder thing. My sauces told me that ish in October or possibly sooner. If we get Crowder, i get the star and the credit.

Thats what I’m ultimately about. Being right! Being right is everything. I was right about Okongwu, I was right about AJ and I’m gonna be right on this one.

-Insider Spud #eadhaters

Yeah that's my thing too.  I just want to be right and rub people's face in it.  

Say who's the little one in the avatar?  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Say who's the little one in the avatar?  

I dunno I saw this kid on Instagram from the hawks Twitter feed or something. Just made me smile. Such a serene look on his mug. 

I love him! :smile: Freakin adorable!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I don't know.  Bogi has been super inconsistent.  Crowder at least provides some bulk but i have questions as to whether he's going to be effective after sitting out at his age.  Shamet is ok.  At least he's a real player who can shoot a little.  

Don't worry.  You'll get a solid 1st half of bulk out of Crowder before he pulls a torn hammy and be out a few weeks.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya, the crowder thing. My sauces told me that ish in October or possibly sooner. If we get Crowder, i get the star and the credit.

Thats what I’m ultimately about. Being right! Being right is everything. I was right about Okongwu, I was right about AJ and I’m gonna be right on this one.

-Insider Spud #eadhaters

I was right about AJ (giggles) I just never thought we had a shot in hell at drafting him at 16.  

Anyone with eyes could see how good his shooting was. It's hard to find players at that size with that much shooting. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
58 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I believe that's where the deal grew just connecting dots between what campster's source relayed to him and what my sources got back to me. Phoenix is tired of Ayton and the bad blood between Ayton and the coaching staff and front office. The deal as it stands if it were to happen would make both teams better off. Ayton is an upgrade over Capela, Damion Lee isn't playing badly for a backup and Crowder could either start or be a good rotation player.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

https://theathletic.com/4120972/2023/01/24/hawks-trade-deadline-john-collins/

Just posting it in here since it seems relevant. Hawks have given JC "clarity" he said. Fields said you can't be .500 and not be open to trading people. 

They want high basketball IQ and hard workers. 

I'm doing the cliff notes version since it is a pay wall.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I don't like Shamet.  Never trust a guy with a head that narrow.  Me and my wife nicknamed him Beaker back when he was at Wichita State.

• Haha 4

47 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I was right about AJ (giggles) I just never thought we had a shot in hell at drafting him at 16.  

Anyone with eyes could see how good his shooting was. It's hard to find players at that size with that much shooting. 

Yeah I was right there witchu and @Spud2nique on AJ aka swAG.

Prove I wasnt....wasn't..... 

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
Just now, warcore said:

JC?

That and DJ were the first names that went in my head. There's no reason to trade JC outside of saving Tony Ressler money. If we did the PHX trade we should still keep JC. My goodness that would be a good team if we made that trade and kept JC.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2