• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

The thing is, its early in this trade deadline season and a lot of teams are feeling each other out.  We might get outbid or someone might come in and outbid Phoenix. But a framework was discussed per the source and something along the lines of "lets revisit this once Capela proves he's healthy."

I guess this is why Clint returned to the lineup... otherwise I was scratching my head wondering why they gave a 10 day to Favors to not play him and then Clint comes back. 

• Like 1

Am I the only one with little to no interest in the trade for Ayton?

He’s talented for sure. But he doesn’t seem like a player to get you a Ring to me.

I’d be confident on making a bet that he will not win a championship as the starting center of a team (assuming he takes up a sizable portion of the total salary cap like he does now). 

Edited by h4wkfan
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, DS5 said:

I don’t think we need any major moves.  Our starting lineup is good, and is starting to gel (albeit a but inconsistent). I think it’s our bench that needs major improvements. I think we should find trades for Bogi and JHol, and even add some 2nd rounders to get 2 or 3 decent back ups. 

My guess is that a "great sample size" will prove to be the 13 games b/t Clint's return (1/14) and the last game (2/7) before the deadline at the end of the workday on 2/9.

My guess is that if this roster goes 8-5 or less in those games, a major move affecting the rotation almost certainly will occur. (Notably, that would mean we would have went 6-5 in the games b/t now and then.)

My guess is that if this roster goes 10-3 or better in those games, a major move affecting the rotation almost certainly will not occur.

My guess is that it could go either way if the record ends up 9-4 in those games.

I do think every possible idea to replace JDay on the roster is going to be explored, but the chance that the replacement is a player of any quality who would help us this season seems remote. The best chance to have that outcome would almost certainly require a bigger trade where JDay can represent filler.

2023-01-18_14-46-52.png

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

No, you are not.

But then again, am I the only one here with little or no interest in making any trade until we see... and I quote Young Landry... "if this is working yet."... ?

Seems like it, but haven't done the poll.

Regardless, at least I can be satisfied that Young Landry sees it that way.

• Like 1

I'll tell you why an Ayton trade excites me and it's mostly centered around JC and the giant hole we're about to be left with at the 4.

If we are dead set on moving JC, OO seems like the best candidate to replace him at the 4. It's not Simmons, it's not Crowder, none of the JC trades make us any better that I've seen. We know OO/Cap will not work, but I can see OO working at the 4 with a Center like KAT, Embiid, or Ayton who can stretch the floor. OO is our best defender for guys like Giannis and Embiid who we will see in the playoffs.

Unfortunately, I don't think KAT or Embiid are realistic so that leaves Ayton as the next best option.

Edited by ShooterSays
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

Nope. I really do not want Ayton, particularly after learning more about Trae's attitude issues.  Shipping JC out and Ayton in decreases the average maturity of our locker room by a lot.  The talent is there and I don't contest that, but I really do not want a team full of divas.  Maybe I'm off on this one (hopefully), but Ayton feels like fools gold to me.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Nope. I really do not want Ayton, particularly after learning more about Trae's attitude issues.  Shipping JC out and Ayton in decreases the average maturity of our locker room by a lot.  The talent is there and I don't contest that, but I really do not want a team full of divas.  Maybe I'm off on this one (hopefully), but Ayton feels like fools gold to me.  

Clint Capela is as high character and they come. If you are taking personality into account, it's certainly a downgrade. Also, Ayton averages only half the blocks of CC. As centers go, Ayton is an average rim protector at best. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, bleachkit said:

Clint Capela is as high character and they come. If you are taking personality into account, it's certainly a downgrade. Also, Ayton averages only half the blocks of CC. As centers go, Ayton is an average rim protector at best. 

Yep, CC is such a local maximum as far as centers go.  He'll never have much of an offensive game, but trading him means you're going to be worse off at just about everything else a center does on the court.  Add in that he is a class act and good locker room guy and it's tough to swallow shipping him out 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Yep, CC is such a local maximum as far as centers go.  He'll never have much of an offensive game, but trading him means you're going to be worse off at just about everything else a center does on the court.  Add in that he is a class act and good locker room guy and it's tough to swallow shipping him out 

Agreed, but we are severely limited with Capela.  You have to have 4 shooters around him.  Capela is a great defender when he has a size advantage. He isn't great against bigs with size like Embiid, Giannis, Lopez and he can't make them work hard on defense.  Capela is easy to guard b/c he has zero range, and he can't shoot free throws.  Go back and watch our deep playoff run in 2021, Capela was kind of a liability after the NY series. 

I'd trade a Capela package for Ayton ALL DAY long. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

You have to have 4 shooters around him. 

Don't we have that??

In every lineup we put on the floor, don't we have 4 shooters around him?

If we wasn't so gung ho about Trading JC, we would be able to see that we have everything we need to compete for a chip.

7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Don't we have that??

In every lineup we put on the floor, don't we have 4 shooters around him?

If we wasn't so gung ho about Trading JC, we would be able to see that we have everything we need to compete for a chip.

I like CC, but I like Ayton a lot better.  If we had 5 guys who can shoot midrange or further and all make free throws, it adds so much to our team offensively.  CC does a lot well, but he's a total lane clogger, doesn't shoot FTs, and is easy to guard. 

Ideally I would like to pair JC and Ayton together as our 4/5, but its doubtful Tony would be willing to pay for that.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AtLaS said:

I like CC, but I like Ayton a lot better.  If we had 5 guys who can shoot midrange or further and all make free throws, it adds so much to our team offensively.  CC does a lot well, but he's a total lane clogger, doesn't shoot FTs, and is easy to guard. 

Ideally I would like to pair JC and Ayton together as our 4/5, but its doubtful Tony would be willing to pay for that.

Ayton is better at offense.  And Ayton is Younger.  Ayton shoots a good percentage from FT.  That's it. 

CC is better at rebounding. 

CC is a better rim protector.

CC is a better one on one defender. 

CC is better at picking up other players on defense.  (help defense). 

CC is not a head case. 

CC is a better roll man on the PNR.

You send Bogi and CC to Phoenix and they'll be in the finals. 

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

And that is exactly why I wanted to have an insider private board to keep people from stealing what is on here and passing it off as their own. Oh well. 

I think the PHX trade is more likely than the JC for Simmons trade. I do think if we do the PHX trade then JC is definitely gone. And as I said before from what I've heard it is more likely to send JC to Indy. Utah is pushing hard for JC as well. Klutch is also pushing a Ben to Atlanta trade because they want Trae and Ben together because Trae and Ben would like to play together.

The Ayton trade makes the JC to Indy make some more sense for me. Though the Trae and his Super Friends (DJM, Ayton, Simmons) does entice me both defensively and offensively.

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, GameTime said:

The Ayton trade makes the JC to Indy make some more sense for me

How?

We trade JC for Duarte??  So that Crowder can play PF?  or OO can play PF?

Just because we drafted him, doesn't mean he's great. 

OO is still not a PF.  At least playing C, he has a speed advantage over most bigs.   What's going to happen when you line him up at PF?  You think he fouls a lot now.  Just wait. 

Honestly, it makes more sense that if we get Ayton, we keep JC and we look for a trade of OO?

Maybe OO for Giddey.

4 minutes ago, warcore said:

When it happens.

• Like 1