• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OFFICIAL: Hawks and All we do is Quin Quin Quin

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

After he was off, though, scalabrine said the selltics were reaching out to fields to be gm under Brad Steven's.  Isola said a couple other teams had him on their radar as well.  Interesting. 

So maybe he truly will be gone this offseason -- I'm surprised he has other opportunities... he seems to have done a really good job of networking for how young he is.

24 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

So maybe he truly will be gone this offseason -- I'm surprised he has other opportunities... he seems to have done a really good job of networking for how young he is.

I still don't see that.  He seems to be part of the cool kids of the FO.  Makes no sense to get rid of Schlenk and oust Fields, by causing him to want out, less than a year later.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Said they're trying to instill a front office culture of humility.  Whatever that means.

It means if someone goes around you to the owner and gets their guy hired you don't scream "but i'm the gm!".

• Haha 1

I’m sure someone has mentioned it but Quinn’s experience in college, overseas, and in the G League is a huge advantage over Nate who only has (or had) NBA and National Team experience.  Didn’t know Nate was a JUCO HOFer, that’s cool lol.

By his pressers you can tell he knows the nuances to get the most out of guys.     Only 3 Hawks have extensive college experience (John, Dre, Bey) so he knows how important the teaching aspect is.  He knows the traits that make G League players stand out and grind to stay up and how to apply that knowledge to an NBA squad.  I’m pretty sure he’s having Trae watch film of Conley and maybe even Bench Dennis on the defensive end and asking him a lot of questions.  

I’m still kinda in shock that the Hawks snagged such a high-quality, highly-regarded coach so aggressively.  

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

After our two game loss to the Heat, our beloved team, which the Heat fans on gealgm call the Chickenhawks, expect Quin to do a lot more teaching and experimenting to close out the season.  Dreams of the upcoming post season were shattered in Miami.  

There has been a lot of discussion about fit on the Hawk's roster.  Who fits and who don't.  Now is the time to decide.  Serious preparation for next season begins right now.  We may even win a few games in the process!  What the coach and his current staff see in the next 20 or so games are very important for next season.

Not all assistant coaches will return.  Some will move on, some will not be renewed and Quin will want his own assistants with him.  I'll bet that our GM and his assistant are even now checking out who will be free agents this summer.  They will also be planning on the draft.  

:smug:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Wondering what folks think they're seeing these days?

People ... the same ol' folks .. still complaining.  Of course they're trying to win games but they're working on stuff on the fly in preparation for next year.  

Nothing wrong with rooting for things to be better and to win every game, but why be overly critical?  What's the point?  Have some situational awareness.  

I'm patient.  The past few games is like a reminder of where the NBA sees us and Trae, no calls.  Caleb Martin getting superstar calls, and they give other teams permission to hack us all game, especially Miami.  

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I'm patient.  The past few games is like a reminder of where the NBA sees us and Trae, no calls.  Caleb Martin getting superstar calls, and they give other teams permission to hack us all game, especially Miami.  

I get it if we don't receive questionable calls.  After all, the league claimed they're cracking down.  The problem is, as you say, you can't double-down and give questionable calls to the opponent.  That makes no sense and it's why I keep saying it's refvenge.

And we're not even gonna get into the weird continuation/non-continuation stuff.  That's been blatantly bad.  Like, I get people don't like his foul-baiting.  But refs still have to call games impartially.  We haven't seen that in 2 years. 

And, before les miserables chime in, I am not absolving Trae of blame.  He has to play through it and not be a victim just picking up T's.  That only fuels refvenge as them dudes and ladies are human and carry grudges. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Wondering what folks think they're seeing these days?

People ... the same ol' folks .. still complaining.  Of course they're trying to win games but they're working on stuff on the fly in preparation for next year.  

Nothing wrong with rooting for things to be better and to win every game, but why be overly critical?  What's the point?  Have some situational awareness.  

Quin gets it:

Atlanta has lost two in a row and is 3-3 since the All-Star break, when the team fired coach Nate McMillan. New coach Quin Snyder said he isn’t as concerned about immediate results as he is the big picture.

“I want us to be the best team we can be by the end of the year,” Snyder said. “And that’s really what it comes down to, how can we keep improving? Obviously, we want to win — record, standings, playoffs — but I think we’ll be better off if we continue to improve.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2