• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Timberwolves

lethalweapon3

21 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The 2 guys hawksquawk picks on the most looking good.  Where you at @terrell?

Im right here..

1st half means nothing with this team and you know it..

But yeah they ve looked good so far Offensively..

My problem with JC has always been fit with Trae/CC

and getting bullied, like when that skinny dude held him down with 1 hand earlier.... 

With Dre it's consistency and aggressiveness......

Edited by terrell

The more I watch KAT, the more I think @NBASupes is right about him being the ideal fit for Trae and the Hawks.  He'd also be the ideal fit for Collins.

Collins inability to play even average defense as a center, kills his maximum worth on this team.  But if he were able to play alongside KAT, he could not only play the 4 on defense, he could play in the post and midrange on offense, seeing how KAT likes to play out on the perimeter.  Plus KAT is a good passer and could get a guy like Collins ( or Trae ) easy looks in the halfcourt.

Defense is what you worry about with a KAT / Collins combo.  But at least KAT is a big dude. He can at least body up on the bigger centers, while Collins comes from the weak side and grab the rebound.

Minny would want Collins in any trade for KAT, so it's a pipe dream to even think those two could play with each other.  But if Okongwu keeps developing his game, maybe he'd be the ideal guy to play alongside KAT.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The more I watch KAT, the more I think @NBASupes is right about him being the ideal fit for Trae and the Hawks.  He'd also be the ideal fit for Collins.

Collins inability to play even average defense as a center, kills his maximum worth on this team.  But if he were able to play alongside KAT, he could not only play the 4 on defense, he could play in the post and midrange on offense, seeing how KAT likes to play out on the perimeter.  Plus KAT is a good passer and could get a guy like Collins ( or Trae ) easy looks in the halfcourt.

Defense is what you worry about with a KAT / Collins combo.  But at least KAT is a big dude. He can at least body up on the bigger centers, while Collins comes from the weak side and grab the rebound.

Minny would want Collins in any trade for KAT, so it's a pipe dream to even think those two could play with each other.  But if Okongwu keeps developing his game, maybe he'd be the ideal guy to play alongside KAT.

I think OO/JJ is a good fit with Kat.  We more need defense and toughness if we add Kat to this team.  Offense clearly won't be an issue.  

I still worry we will be a soft team and struggle to beat physical teams consistently with Kat.  But i think we have to take the chance if available. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I have to step away....please don't let me come back to a blowout by Minny. 🙏 

I will definitely be watching to see what your absence causes...

7 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

I think OO/JJ is a good fit with Kat.  We more need defense and toughness if we add Kat to this team.  Offense clearly won't be an issue.  

I still worry we will be a soft team and struggle to beat physical teams consistently with Kat.  But i think we have to take the chance if available. 

The biggest thing is that KAT would give us a bonafide offensive option to go to, especially at the end of games.

And if teams go to double him, you may have the opportunity to get Trae open for spot up 3s.