• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks secure #7 Seed vs C's

JayBirdHawk

8 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I would say that one player we need to control is Sam Hauser and his 3 pt shooting, yeah weird and stupid but look at the data

1st game vs Hawks: 5 3pt shots converted on 6 attempts

2nd game vs Hawks: 4 3pt shots converted on 5 attempts

3rd game vs Hawks.: 8 3pt shots converted on 14 attempts....

17.7 ppg vs Hawks for a guy that is averaging 8 ppg on this season

yeah there are absolutely certain players that are a problem for the Hawks.

Pritchard
White
Hauser
Grant Williams

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

This team has only put it all together like 3 times all year and this was the first time where the starters and bench was tremendous and playing plus ball. I can see why people are down on us. That said, don't count out the Hawks.

I not saying the Hawks should be favored, just that the complete dismissal of them is not warranted. It's a complete afterthought.  As far as anyone in the media is concerned, the celtics should be focusing on the Sixers right now.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JTB said:

Al gets away with being overly physical in the playoffs during his time in Boston!…he would have never gotten away with that here in Atlanta and that’s why we never saw it. 

Yup.

2 hours ago, JTB said:

Theres a trade off between Capela guarding horford and OO guarding horford and it’s a key matchup to me that is NOT being talked about enough.

We need to send Al home. Al is soft and now he’s old. This is the series to end him and send him and his crazy a$$ sister Ana the nobody home.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I not saying the Hawks should be favored, just that the complete dismissal of them is not warranted. It's a complete afterthought.  As far as anyone in the media is concerned, the celtics should be focusing on the Sixers right now.  

Not new. This $hit goin on forever about the Hawks!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

During my infuriating ride yesterday listening to NBA pods, I also listened to the Celtics pod guy.  It was just a general preview of the Celtics in the playoffs.  He said that they would most likely go with an 8 man rotation like this:

Starters:  White/Smart/Tatum/Brown/Whoreford

Bench:  Brogdon/G. Williams/ R. Williams

Said he doesn't think Moose, Hauser, or Pritchard will play unless it's a very unusual circumstance.  With as much success as these randos have had vs the Hawks, it would be mildly surprising for them not to play, but that's the scouting report.  

This is gonna be a great series. A lot of great matchups. 

Smart on Trae

Murray on White

Hunter on Brown

JC on Tatum

Capela on Horford

Then the benches are stacked. Atlanta 4 deep. Boston 3 deep.

• Like 4

• Moderators
14 hours ago, sturt said:

That said, I subscribed to the theory that this team simply one of those that has an exceptionally wide range of performance... ie, a lower floor than you can normally anticipate from a playoff team, but also a higher ceiling than people are generally prepared to conceive...

This.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

JC on Tatum

Capela on Horford

I've primarily got that... plus...

Johnson on Tatum

Collins on Horford

OR

Okongwu on Tatum

Collins on Horford

OR

Hunter or  Johnson on Tatum

Collins on Horford

Capela on RWilliams

Our top 10 and their top 10 line-ups for the season

2023-04-13_11-42-35.png

2023-04-13_11-43-03.png

• Premium Member

We will see what Quin can do when the Boston guards target Trae.  I wonder if just trapping those guys hard and make them be more play makers might be an option.  

...and Clint hop skipping out to Horford.  Get to the 3 point shooter with purpose.

Gotta switch with purpose and intent.  Communication will be key.

take it to them in the paint.

Capela and JC - this is some bad defensive. No communication at all. Not even trying.

• Like 1