• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks secure #7 Seed vs C's

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I'm confident.  I felt all year that we were a better team than our record showed.  I think we're going to win this series and I think that if we play up to our ability, it will be a decisive win.

👀

This team has too much talent to be a Play In team or a 7th seed in the Playoffs. The only reason this team is "mid" is because they didn't play the game the right way for much of the season. Even some of the wins were tough to watch due to defensive lapses during the games and dumb iso play at the end of quarters or in crunch time. The Miami game showed how good this team can be when they play the game the right way AND why they lost to teams they had no business losing to. If Quinn can get the team to sustain what they did in the first quarter of the Miami game, they will give the Celtics all they can handle and more.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Brogdon and White’s FT rates match John and Dre’s.  Only difference is they’re BU combo guards smh.  Trae and OO gonna have to maximize their FT attempts to account for the rest of the team’s lackluster visits to the stripe.

F the stats it’s just a matter of who has more heart. Stats are just numbers, don’t mean squat. Crunch away doh if that’s what Heat and Warrior fans do. :laugh1:

8 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Statement jerseys are my favs due to black I love me some peach 🍑 tree 🌲 ones I wish we could bust them out in game 3, 4 or 6 in the series at home in Atlanta.

For me it’s 

MLK>peach=statement>alternate>association

2 hours ago, Wretch said:

I'm confident.  I felt all year that we were a better team than our record showed.  I think we're going to win this series and I think that if we play up to our ability, it will be a decisive win.

👀

I second this. We are sneaky good in and check a lot of boxes in many areas. If we keep our focus, we can beat any team in a series. One game at a time, one play at a time. Let’s work!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

F the stats it’s just a matter of who has more heart. Stats are just numbers, don’t mean squat. Crunch away doh if that’s what Heat and Warrior fans do. :laugh1:

Someone struggled with the introduction of multiplication and division in elementary school.  “I don’t need no stinking math when I grow up!”

Edited by benhillboy
  • Haha 3

While he’s campaigning for All NBA, quiet as kept the Celtics don’t mind Jaylen Brown being off the floor at all:

B19D1AD2-E0E4-4FC9-ACBE-71535EB86917.thumb.jpeg.28d832a5336ac4b08d189c11db5dbe13.jpeg

Hawks have to single him and let him get his.  Clint will have to be at his best protecting the rim though.  

The Hawks don’t form the best double teams so getting the ball out of Tatum’s hands at the proper times will be a test.

• Like 1

One thing I know for certain is Mazzula absolutely hates calling timeouts in the midst of the opposing team’s run.  I actually love the trust it shows but the Hawks gotta exploit that shit.

One thing I don’t know for sure is he’s a cyborg but I’m confident lol.

Edited by benhillboy

This is gonna be a tough series. 

Their coach put together a nice system and scheme but I still some of the problem that got exposed last year still with this team plus I haven't seen the coach adjust well on the fly as Ime did in both the RS and the playoffs last year. This team has vulnerabilities. If you can defend the movement well and turned them into isolation players, they are still flawed at it and as long as Trae holds up against Smart and doesn't get cooked, we can sit on blow up cutting actions. 

Okongwu v. Horford will be the young v. The vet. That matchup is critical for us. I am not sure how big Brown will be in this series. But how Bogi deals with Brodgon in this series and how Capela deals with Williams will be critical. Also, we must deal with these two players well, Sam Hauser and Payton Pritchard. Both of these guys can score but we must abuse them and run them off the floor. Trae did that once with Payton. 

I remember getting drilled in the 1st game. Playing better than them in the 2nd but them shooting us off the floor and the 3rd game was mainly reserves. The biggest takeaway was we gotta shoot much better if we truly want to win and Trae has to play like playoff Trae and elevate the team if we really want to win this series. 

We got a good chance. This team isn't a healthy Milwaukee. They have flaws to expose but you gotta be disciplined. If you aren't, this series will be short and sweet. 

Boston in 5 if Trae is RS Trae

Boston is 7 if Trae is playoff Trae but we yet outcoached

Atlanta in 5 if Trae is playoff Trae and Quin outcoaches Mazzula. 

This series is like the 2021 playoffs. It's all about Trae but like the 2022 playoffs, coaching matters and while Nate wasn't winning that series with what happened to JC and Clint, he was outcoached badly and that series ended sooner than it had to end. 

Just to be clear, playoff Trae isn't this Steph like shooter, no. He is the offensive nightmare destroying your defensive integrity and making your life hell for possession by possession basketball and it's why TS wanted him so damn bad in the first place. That guy makes its hell on defenses more than any other player I can remember because he can get to any spot on the court and make any split decision and an elite rate. That's even more difficult to defend than anything else from anyone else. Even a MJ iso. At least you can aggressively protect the rim against MJ if you have the personnel. 

Trae can't be defended by one player, Jrue is the best in the NBA and he's been dominated by Trae, time and time again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Someone struggled with the introduction of multiplication and division in elementary school.  “I don’t need no stinking math when I grow up!”

I’ll steal your lunch 🥪 again if you keep talkin math 🧮 boy! :laugh1: 

ps Your unbiasness bugs broh.

Edited by Spud2nique

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Stats don't mean squat, unless you're getting 22 offensive rebounds to help you score 29 points to beat a Miami team you haven't beaten in MIA in over 3 years.

Teams that put up stats, win games. The thing is, you just don't want one or two people putting up stats.  They need help in other area where they're not producing stats.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

C'mon Dre, make me eat crow. I want to see your Elite-ness stand out in G1.

I want Crow!

I'll take it anyway - baked, fried, stewed, roasted, sautéed, burnt to a crisp...heck I'd even eat it raw....Just Give Me Something!

I want to eat crow too.

I will officially eat crow - Talk About the Falcons - Falcons Life Forums

What I don't want, is for the crow to tell me this

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

C'mon Dre, make me eat crow. I want to see your Elite-ness stand out in G1.

I want Crow!

I'll take it anyway - baked, fried, stewed, roasted, sautéed, burnt to a crisp...heck I'd even eat it raw....Just Give Me Something!

Tatum has averaged 25.8pts, 7.3rpg, 5.2apg vs Dre for his career. I need to see Dre have an impact on those stats.

This is the Dre Game!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I keep having this thought that Q should start OO to match up with Horford and let Clint come off the bench to match Williams.  I love the energy OO plays with and he could really help defensively getting out against that 5-out offense.  Anyone think we could see that?  

As an aside, I'm also very intrigued by JJ and his ability to guard Tatum.  Everyone I've read says the Hawks have no one that stands a chance at holding Tatum in check, but I don't think anyone outside the Hawks understands how athletic JJ.  Interested to see that matchup.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

I keep having this thought that Q should start OO to match up with Horford and let Clint come off the bench to match Williams.  I love the energy OO plays with and he could really help defensively getting out against that 5-out offense.  Anyone think we could see that?  

As an aside, I'm also very intrigued by JJ and his ability to guard Tatum.  Everyone I've read says the Hawks have no one that stands a chance at holding Tatum in check, but I don't think anyone outside the Hawks understands how athletic JJ.  Interested to see that matchup.  

I get the thought...but the Synergy of the OO/JJ combo is so tantalizing. I also don't think Quin will make that big of a change but what he may do is adjust the timing of his substitutions so getting in OO earlier.  Maybe start Collins out on Horford? That leaves Clint on White or Smart?

I think playing some ball deny on Tatum should be a thing, if nothing else disrupt the timing of his catches, run clock.....start our defense before he catches the ball.

I'm intrigued to see JJ on defense vs Tatum.

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Or do you think the Celtics start Rob Williams with Horford to help with renounding?