• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks secure #7 Seed vs C's

JayBirdHawk

48 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Or do you think the Celtics start Rob Williams with Horford to help with renounding?

I think matchup wise Clint on Rob Williams and OO on Horford is the best case scenario.  I'm operating under the concept (based on the boston writers opinions) that they start the 5-out lineup and bring Williams in off the bench.  That's what led me to the starting OO thought.  IF boston starts Williams instead of White then you put Clint on Williams and JC on Al.  But I think that is more beneficial for Atlanta so I don't think that happens.  

I think there are more matchup issues for Atlanta if you start White/Smart/Brown/Tatum/Horford because you have Trae/DJ guarding White/Smart but then Hunter on Brown?  But that leaves JC for Tatum who will get cooked.  So you put Hunter on Tatum but then JC on Brown?  Again, cooked.  But also CC on Al in that lineup seems like a problem if Al is hitting from perimeter.  Close outs will allow whomever JC is covering to get to the basket pretty easily.  

I'm saying if you start OO you have a better chance to get out to Al and recover for the drive than with CC.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, hawkman said:

he only reason this team is "mid" is because they didn't play the game the right way for much of the season.

We don't have to make up any new Narratives.   The truth is that we're just mid..

image.png

All year.  But.....  I think we've been lying in wait. 

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Also, we must deal with these two players well, Sam Hauser and Payton Pritchard. Both of these guys can score but we must abuse them and run them off the floor. Trae did that once with Payton. 

I

I’m petty positive they won’t see any run.  The celts defense loses all integrity with them on.  Mazzula ain’t chancing that for one minute.  I expect to see both Blake and Moose tho.

Edited by benhillboy

6 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I’m petty positive they won’t see any run.  The celts defense loses all integrity with them on.  Mazzula ain’t chancing that for one minute.  I expect to see both Blake and Moose tho.

@NBASupes I was dead wrong on Hauser.  Can’t believe he played and Grant Williams (over 2000 minutes this season) didn’t.  

• Premium Member

For us, the PNR has to be more natural. Trae shouldn't be out there trying to direct traffic for a switch on the PNR. 

I don't have the numbers, but I think this year we have run the PNR a lot less than in previous years.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Diesel said:

For us, the PNR has to be more natural. Trae shouldn't be out there trying to direct traffic for a switch on the PNR. 

I don't have the numbers, but I think this year we have run the PNR a lot less than in previous years.

It was on par with last year till Nate got fired. 

• Moderators
12 hours ago, bleachkit said:

This article is hacky has hell

"If Young's 3-point shots are not falling (which they often aren't; even in 2021 when he became a playoff darling he was a 31% 3-point shooter), and he's not constantly getting into the paint and creating lobs at the rim for Atlanta's bigs, he doesn't do anything else on the floor that helps his team win. "

Really?  What else could he do?  It'd be nice if he got a lot of assists or drew fouls to help his team win right?   Or given his defensive limitations maybe even get some steals.   But no he doesn't do any of those things.  Well if you don't watch the games you don't see him do any of those things anyway.   (speaking of the author not you bleach)

• Thanks 1