• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm guessing that Karl Anthony Towns is available.

Diesel

• Premium Member

My guess is that after last night, Minnesota is taking calls on KAT.  I hope Landry doesn't call.   KAT has been very underwhelming in these playoffs.   Last night 10/12/2 on 25% shooting is not what anybody wanted to see from a 7ft 248lb PF.  I don't know if the introduction of Rudy freed him to go outside with his game... but he's standing on the three point line.

How many of you would still want KAT?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

If Collins was expiring we might get some interest, but as is don't see why they would bite on this. Taking Hunter back for Anderson doesn't make sense either for them. Anderson is better. 

Is he though?   That's kind of my gut feeling too and I like Anderson and i think we could use his fire, but doesn't seem like he's been much of a shooter during his career.  

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Anderson is a more or less equal shooter to Hunter, but he plays a lot more PF than Hunter I think . I mean they are different players but from a value perspective I think at a Wins added per dollar Anderson is a much better deal than Hunter. 

I definitely think we could use him.  Didn't realize he was already almost 30.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member

@TheNorthCydeRises

Very insightful. 

I just look at this generation of bigs and shake my head.  KAT being a scarecrow on the 3pt line (he was that way before Rudy) and AD being soft as tissue paper.   I really thought that he was going to go out of the game last night.  And I really thought he was out the game before.   He is Charmin soft. 

The proposed trade may not be enough to get KAT but Minny fans talked bad about him this passed offseason.. Now that he has big money, they may get an ear in the GM's chair.  I agree with old school logic.  If you're on the 3 pt line, you're not drawing fouls like you could inside.. and your FG% will decrease. 

I think Trae and KAT would be a perfect match to overcome the struggles they both currently are having in the playoffs with the help of fully locking in on Snyders offense.

OO can fully focus on defense and so can Hunter. Bogi would probably move back to starter in this scenario or maybe even try starting AJ to keep Bogi as 6th man.

Murray is gone in any KAT trade to Atlanta.

2 hours ago, JTB said:

I think Trae and KAT would be a perfect match to overcome the struggles they both currently are having in the playoffs with the help of fully locking in on Snyders offense.

OO can fully focus on defense and so can Hunter. Bogi would probably move back to starter in this scenario or maybe even try starting AJ to keep Bogi as 6th man.

Murray is gone in any KAT trade to Atlanta.

Towns' struggles are that he's scared.  We can't fix that.  We need tough guys.  Find me tough guys, JTB.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I think what is far more realistic this offseason -- as much as it might pain me -- is a Trae/KAT swap. 

• Both players are on massive contracts
  • Neither team can really afford to send a bunch of picks out after last offseason's moves
  • We have two point guards
  • They have two centers
  • They're married to Gobert after last offseasons blockbuster trade
  • We are committed to DJ, particularly after giving up draft capital for him -- and him and Quin seem to be very tight
  • Trae/Gobert pairing would be very very good (I wanted him badly but am glad we noped out of that asking price)
  • KAT/OO front court is a perfect fit together
  • KAT likely looking for a new scene now that Edwards has pretty much made the Wovles his team and he's playing with another center
  • The ATL media has already started hinting/prepping the fans for a possible trade involving Trae

Just some food for thought.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

I think what is far more realistic this offseason -- as much as it might pain me -- is a Trae/KAT swap. 

• Neither team can really afford to send a bunch of picks out after last offseason's moves
  • They have two centers
  • We are committed to DJ, particularly after giving up draft capital for him -- and him and Quin seem to be very tight
  • Trae/Gobert pairing would be very very good (I wanted him badly but am glad we noped out of that asking price)
  • KAT likely looking for a new scene now that Edwards has pretty much made the Wovles his team and he's playing with another center
  • The ATL media has already started hinting/prepping the fans for a possible trade involving Trae

There would be no purpose to get KAT if we have no Trae. 

I don't know if DJ stays if you move Trae. 

• Like 2

Can anyone tell me why we would reasonably want KAT? He can’t set screens, he loves getting fouls (often haves games where he has more fouls than points), he whines to refs constantly, and he’s terrible on defense. He’s seven feet tall, but he’s too scared to ever go into the paint to do anything. He acts like he’s a 7’0 Duncan Robinson when he’s the biggest and tallest dude on the court. People complain about Trae’s performances in the playoffs? Anthony Edwards has more points in the playoffs than KAT has RIGHT NOW and this is only Edwards second time in the playoffs. Karl Anthony Towns is a PROVEN LOSER. KAT would be a disaster for this team and I’m tired of hawks fans bringing it up. I don’t want that dude or his corny quotes on my team. It would be a complete disaster. Just keep Trae and let Quin cook.

Edited by givemesome1ce1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

• They have two centers

I’d hesitate giving up Trae for KAT and it’s not even a Trae fan thing which I admit I am…but KAT doesn’t have the toughness of Trae especially when he struggles. Trae at least in my opinion typically doesn’t lose confidence in himself where as we’ve seen KAT lose his confidence plenty dating back to the Thibbs and Butler days.

For those reasons I would rather we give them Murray and keep Trae. We gave away draft capital for Murray sure but not the same way TWolves did for Gobert. Murray is the more appealing fit for them anyways since he’s a two way guard.

I can’t see why the TWolves wouldn’t do it. I would even thrown in Collins to get the deal done if we had to.

6 hours ago, kg01 said:

Towns' struggles are that he's scared.  We can't fix that.  We need tough guys.  Find me tough guys, JTB.  

Towns has also never played with an elite playmaker like Trae. He get some easy ones to go in during these tough stretches and he’s more then likely ok or snaps out of these cold streaks quicker.

I definitely don’t disagree about the toughness part…that’s why I couldn’t trade Trae for KAT. Folks can say what they want about Trae…there’s a ton of toughness in that little 6 foot guard. Same with Murray.

For me ….I never questioned our back court toughness it’s always been the front court for me personally.

I also think the FIT offensively with Trae & KAT add in some shooters would be hell on nba defenses.

OO is a great fit with KAT too. Snyder would have a lot to work with. ANY KAT trade would be about FIT not toughness.