2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

image.png

Rather not watch AJ Griffin break 3P shooting efficiency records for the next 5 years, playing with Jokic.  I do think MPJ is underrated at this point in his career though and his contract is not terrible.  Denver isn't disassembling a championship roster for De'Andre f*cking Hunter either way (forgive me everyone).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Rather not watch AJ Griffin break 3P shooting efficiency records for the next 5 years, playing with Jokic.  I do think MPJ is underrated at this point in his career though and his contract is not terrible.  Denver isn't disassembling a championship roster for De'Andre f*cking Hunter either way (forgive me everyone).

I think they will ultimately trade Porter Jr.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

How can you say... They would not for DeAndre Hunter in one breath and disregard AJ...    The addition of AJ is what makes this a fair trade.   Moreover, we take on more salary.  We take on injury risk.  We take on suspect Defense.   You can't have both Jeff. 

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think they will ultimately trade Porter Jr.

That's my thinking also.  I think now would be a good time, especially for young talent.   Denver has always been financially frugal. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

How can you say... They would not for DeAndre Hunter in one breath and disregard AJ...    The addition of AJ is what makes this a fair trade.   Moreover, we take on more salary.  We take on injury risk.  We take on suspect Defense.   You can't have both Jeff. 

That's my thinking also.  I think now would be a good time, especially for young talent.   Denver has always been financially frugal. 

I think they had the undisputed best team/roster last year and I don't know if they're ready to trade a core piece of that for Hunter and an unproven bench player that wasn't good enough to get minutes in the playoffs.  I could be wrong and maybe Trae/MPJ friendship comes into play, but that's just my opinion.

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

When you are a superstar you get a lot of irrational haters. 

Kobe was selfish, Lebron complains/flops/etc.., Nique never passed or played defense. 

The list goes on and on.

I have to remind myself that we are a fanbase that is not used to stardom or attention. We have always had haters, but never the players to shut them up.

Trae shuts haters up. Over and over again. The best thing his fans can do is just support him, support the team, and watch him continue to cook. Enjoy the ride, because we know too well what it’s like NOT to have a box office player in Atlanta. By the sounds of it, his haters prefer those dark times over what we have now.

The kid is flawed. So what. Look in the mirror. Ain’t none of us perfect. 

He aint out here embarrassing us like Ja. He not out here lazy like Zion. He ain’t partying all offseason like Harden. He not twitter trolling like Embiid. He isn’t in the headlines like Kyrie. And he isn’t asking for trades like half the stars in this league.

The kid is quiet off the court, a true hooper and gym rat. A husband and father for crying out loud. And he LOVES Atlanta.

If that ain’t enough for you to at least pull for him to continue to grow and lead this team, I don’t know what is. Some of yal are literally waiting for MJ to come walking through that door, and even then you would cry about his cigar and gambling habit.

Sheesh, I can’t with some people lol

This is a fantastic post.  Honestly, I just scroll over certain people when they post.  There's no point in reading it.  Even if we win, it's going to be Quinn that got things under control or DJM who is carrying Trae or some other nonsense.  It's just pure contrarian grandstanding and nothing more IMO.

• Like 3