• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Until you see Jaylen Brown's supermax extension signed, I doubt there will be any KAT trade -- if it happens at all.  The possibility of JB to ATL in a Dame to Boston scenario has to keep our FO from pulling the trigger on anything else.

I certainly hope so.... (Hope that Tony told Nick to go to timeout until the JB situation is resolved). 

Keep your eyes on the prize (JB)

2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Until you see Jaylen Brown's supermax extension signed, I doubt there will be any KAT trade -- if it happens at all.  The possibility of JB to ATL in a Dame to Boston scenario has to keep our FO from pulling the trigger on anything else.

hmmmm, hmmmm... I would not say that at all.  

3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

So JB to ATL

Dame to MIA

Capela + kids/picks to POR? ( not necessarily all of our kids and picks )

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

The Hawks don’t need to get younger if they want to progress past where they were the last two seasons.  I was anticipating us adding some vet contributors to the roster rather than getting younger so this makes some sense to me.  It also means we are adding someone who knows the Spurs system inside and out and can help our young vets learn it.  This is different than Vince more because the team is at a different stage than we were with Vince.  I don’t expect that Mills has a lot of gas left in the tank but he was playing 29 minutes per game over 81 games just one season ago.

I keep telling y'all, Rome was not build in a day.  Hawk fans have zero patience!  This team is not a contender for next year no matter who they add.  Now if some of these young players to pan out like Gueye actually turns into Siakam and Jalen finds an outside shot, then we have something.  But right now we are a play in team or slightly better if everybody gets better.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So JB to ATL

Dame to MIA

Why in the world would Portland take Capela over JB? 

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Good teams are built on a foundation of a mix of vets and young players.  We were overweighted towards young players with like a half dozen who weren’t expected to be in the rotation.

True but we are still building.  Despite popular belief, ain't nobody on this roster gonna drag us any further than we have been like those true MVPs do.  I guess I should have no opinion on the trade.  Could be good.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So JB to ATL

Dame to MIA

If JB signs a supermax extension, he can't be traded for a year (correct me if I am mistaken Capologists).

• Sad 1

Quit wishing and wanting these super max players that take up all your payroll.  They didn't carry their present team to the promised land and they will not carry Atlanta.  

I really like everything the GM and his assistants have done.  

:smug:

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

True but we are still building.  Despite popular belief, ain't nobody on this roster gonna drag us any further than we have been like those true MVPs do.  I guess I should have no opinion on the trade.  Could be good.

Your True MVP in Joel Embiid hasn't gotten further than Trae in the playoffs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

We are definitely still building and still have lots of young talent.  Most of the team is under 26 years old and we have 3 rookies.  Mills is someone who can help the coaches integrate people into a system.  He should know where the coaches want people to be on both sides of the ball.

You are probably right

• Like 2

Just now, Peoriabird said:

But he does drag that team every year on his back to a top seed.

When was the last time they were a top seed? Mr Goal post mover?

He also had Jimmy Butler, James Harden and Ben Simmons (when he was good) as teammates. Who the Hawks roster equates to those three?

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

When was the last time they were a top seed? Mr Goal post mover?

He also had Jimmy Butler, James Harden and Ben Simmons (when he was good) as teammates. Who the Hawks roster equates to those three?

Yeah but look at the rest of that roster...Harden is definitely not the league MVP Harden from 5-6 years ago.  Plus harden is a head case just like Simmons

• Confused 1