• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

25 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So how much money are we investing in the center position again? Like $70 mill per year?

Yup and it ain't our money so we shouldn't worry about it as long as we are keeping our young players with potential. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You haven't read the new CBA so its not worth discussing

I haven't read it but I'm aware of the consequences of going into the 2nd Apron. If you continue to draft well, there are no limitations on what you can do with your roster. 

So to my knowledge, there's no language in there that stops you from paying players you draft

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-cba-101-everything-to-know-about-new-agreement-from-salary-cap-to-free-agency-and-beyond/

Here's where we introduce our first wrinkle. In the new collective bargaining agreement, there will be a second "apron." This figure will come in at around $17.5 million above the tax line, and it will trigger a host of restrictions that we will cover in the subsequent sections. The basic idea of those restrictions will be to make it harder for teams like the Los Angeles Clippers and Golden State Warriors to spend significantly more money on talent than their competitors, but we should note that these restrictions will only make it harder for teams to acquire new, expensive players. None of these changes will make it harder to retain players that a team has drafted and developed, and only in a few, rare cases will it become more difficult for teams to retain free agents they've signed from other teams. The NBA wants teams to be able to keep their players. It just doesn't want the rich to get richer.

So that should alleviate any concerns you have about paying the centers $70 million dollars.  Again, if Tony doesn't want to pay to win a championship, that's on him! 

Edited by marco102
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So you think this will be a championship roster?

You still got concerns about the $70 million in center with a salary cap that's projected to increase a ton in the next few years?   Just because I told Jaybird, I haven't read the details of the CBA doesn't mean I don't know about the consequences of the new CBA. I like to read things myself to understand them, but I've read tweets about the changes in the new CBA. Hope that doesn't come off as snarky cause I'm not trying to be. 

Edited by marco102

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So you think this will be a championship roster?

Assuming we lose Bey, Cap and picks -

Trae / Mills / Kobe
DJM / Bogi
Hunter / AJ
KAT / JJ / Gueye
OO / Bruno

Yes. We can absolutely win a championship with this roster.

We just saw Jimmy carry a bunch of undrafted players to the finals.

Edited by ShooterSays
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So backup players will make us contenders?

Backups have to play a role to win a championship.  You didn't see how the backup players just helped Denver win a championship? A deep squad with all NBA talent (s) generally win championships.  I think we'll have that. 

Generally, no big three wins it all their first year together too.  I think we can possibly make it to a finals the first year with KAT if things fall right, but again, I think the young guys have to step up OO, AJ, JJ. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1