• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

5 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Word is the Pacers acquiring Toppin was to use as a trade bit in a Siakam deal.

Don’t know who suggested that but maybe they aren’t aware the Toppin trade was already finalized and can’t be aggregated for 2 months. Sounds like NBAtwitter

Edited by theheroatl

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, GameTime said:

This guy is a comedian

This would be fine.  Keep JJ and Bey.  It makes a lot of sense for our roster.  I love rooting for the young guys and AJ is incredibly likeable but when you remove emotion from the equation, this deal does make sense.

1 minute ago, Blunt91 said:

@Sothron  so is Atlanta planning on Keeping Patty?    p.s. hoping we can still hang on the Bey.  Dude was too cool for school in his shades on the sidelines last night.  

Im really hoping we keep him. With Siakam, Murray, and Trae we need a legit 3 point threat with a quick release. Bey is that guy.

• Like 1

Just now, JeffS17 said:

This would be fine.  Keep JJ and Bey.  It makes a lot of sense for our roster.  I love rooting for the young guys and AJ is incredibly likeable but when you remove emotion from the equation, this deal does make sense.

I guess I like AJ like you like JJ. A man with AJ's skillset/efficiency does not grow on trees. I think Masai knows this as well.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, GameTime said:

I guess I like AJ like you like JJ. A man with AJ's skillset/efficiency does not grow on trees. I think Masai knows this as well.

I really like them both.  I also acknowledge we very likely won't be able to afford both and we have a lot more depth at 2/3 players than 3/4 players.

1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

Don’t know who suggested that but maybe they aren’t aware the Toppin trade was already finalized and can’t be aggregated for 2 months. Sounds like NBAtwitter

Doesn't have to be aggregated.  See below Indiana's cap space.  They have room to work.  If they have a deal for Siakam in place they can work out a simultaneous trade to clear up the space by sending out Toppin, and then send out very little salary to bring back Siakam.  They have options here. 

image.thumb.png.f87d912c882ee4adf7ee60d903e59251.png

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I really like them both.  I also acknowledge we very likely won't be able to afford both and we have a lot more depth at 2/3 players than 3/4 players.

You’re correct.  However, just because we won’t be able to afford both doesn’t mean we shouldn’t let them increase their trade value in Atlanta and pursue better fish later.

Edited by Hawkish
  • Like 1

On 7/7/2023 at 5:36 PM, NBASupes said:

Update

Hawks are still working on the secondary framework and the 3rd and potentially 4th team in a KAT to Atlanta deal. There has been some reluctance from an owner with Minnesota but their GM is strongly pushing for a trade right now as his value at its assumed peak. 

Teams see KAT like LA Blake Griffin right as he was traded to Detroit. The belief is, he has an all star or two seasons in him but many expect a steep decline with the new contract being a massive overpay. That's why there has been just two teams and of course, the two desperate to get better fast teams in the market for him which was Dallas and now currently Atlanta. 

He says Atlanta is also still talking with Toronto about Siakam but they are still really far from a trade. As I said, Siakam is Atlanta top target by a mile. 

Could we end this week with no trades, possibly but Atlanta is close on KAT. There is just secondary parts that aren't so easy to solve and JJ is NOT in the deal, Minnesota wants him in the deal and that might be causing some issues as well.

Still, I expect this to get done sooner than later or not at all. Also, I said two 1sts previously, I was wrong, they are still negotiating that but Minnesota wants two 1sts which they did get from Dallas before Atlanta out bidded them overall with Bey who Minnesota highly coveted. 

The key pieces are done, just the other pieces and 3rd parties are not for now. 

Nothing new aside from that. This isn't the done deal I thought it was yesterday but they aren't far either. 

This was your last update... yes you mention siakam but you say talks are far and specifically say the key pieces are done for KAT...

Cool you mentioned siakam still but you both have been on this KAT train when they have zero interest in that horrendous contract

• Like 1