• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, shakes said:

I reached the point a few days ago where I just scan this thread for twitter posts and skip everything else.  Just a bunch of white noise at this point with zero substance from everyone posting.

Breaking news is what twitters for, the substance is all the 40 pages of speculation and arguments 🙂

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, theheroatl said:

I think they handshake dealed and Toronto is stalling.

Bruno is a solid 2/3 at center. 

I really musta missed when Bruna became decent, he can actually be the backup big off the bench?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Look at Trey Murphy's last season in NO. Dude was almost 50/40/90 in his second season with Zion out the whole season. I would take him in a heartbeat in a deal. This JV/Siakam/Murphy trade scenario the guy laid out would be a massive win for us. Massive. I would love to see that team.

Trae

DJM

Murphy

Siakam

JV

with the bench of Bogi, OO, JJ, Bufkin, Patty. 

This would be a really nice lineup.  Bufkin/Patty probably wouldn't be getting playoff minutes but you'd have a really solid 1-8 rotation.  OO might not be happy coming off the bench, but if we can extend him this offseason, I can see him being flexible.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Look at Trey Murphy's last season in NO. Dude was almost 50/40/90 in his second season with Zion out the whole season. I would take him in a heartbeat in a deal. This JV/Siakam/Murphy trade scenario the guy laid out would be a massive win for us. Massive. I would love to see that team.

Trae

DJM

Murphy

Siakam

JV

with the bench of Bogi, OO, JJ, Bufkin, Patty. 

If it were offered, sure. I’d be up for it.  

I figured JV would play big minutes off the bench.  We are looking to extend OO.  He likely wants the opportunity to be a starter and be paid accordingly.  

Mills : Bufkin : Bogi : JJ : JV would be quite a backup unit.  Add in Gueye and a maybe a veteran wing. 

Edited by Hawkish

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I've noticed this need to trade Clint that doesn't really exist with the Hawks unless it's to land KAT. The Hawks aren't trading Capela. They aren't trading Okongwu. They want both on the roster as a center tandem. If they trade Capela, it's because they landed KAT. 

Hey, did you miss my @! MurphyIII baby!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, shakes said:

you didn't miss anything, he still sucks.  but he has improved to #3 center status.

I think he's a fine #3 center. Usman had the potential to challenge him

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Hey, did you miss my @! MurphyIII baby!

No. I saw the post. 

• Haha 4

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I've noticed this need to trade Clint that doesn't really exist with the Hawks unless it's to land KAT. The Hawks aren't trading Capela. They aren't trading Okongwu. They want both on the roster as a center tandem. If they trade Capela, it's because they landed KAT. 

Will OO ever become the starter with Capela on the roster though?

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

The hawks offer is on the table with other teams lined up lol. It’s up to Masai to accept. This late push to get other teams involved to up our price isnt working. 

Ah, you hammered the insiders for this.  What gives, Mikey?

Hey, just holding you to your own exhausting standards. 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, akay said:

I really musta missed when Bruna became decent, he can actually be the backup big off the bench?

Many years ago students graduated from college at age 24 and went on to play pro ball.

Bruno is an old man by NBA standards!  No, not really.  He's only 24 now.  He's probably just stopped growing recently.  He's #3 now.  Good deal for him and for the Hawks!

:smug:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I must have misunderstood earlier.  It seems I was putting Capela in every deal as an almost forgone conclusion.

Edited by Hawkish
  • Like 1

He wouldn't fit within our TPE, but what if we pivoted to Jerami Grant?  He is a poor man's Siakam isn't he?  Can create for himself off the dribble, hit open 3's, play multiple position defense.  Seems like Lillard is destined to be traded which would signal more of a rebuild or retool in Portland.  

Just throwing another idea out there since this Siakam drama is dragging out so long.  

• Like 1