• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

It's funny and I don't know what you speak of...

It's a place on reddit that has NBA discussion -- ignorance is bliss though.  It's not a good spot at all for informed discussion.  There are too many uninformed users and group think.  The quality of discussion is way better here, and generally, everyone here approaches conversations in good faith and wants what is best for the team (even if we disagree how to get there).

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Interesting we make the Mills trade official but the FO is totally silent about Mills and what he brings.

Toronto has dragged their feet too long on this. It's at the point of value dramatically dropping not increasing on Siakam to the point of them re-signing him.

A front court of Siakam and Capela is very interesting for a few reasons.

1.  It would clearly signal that they are all in on winning now.
  2.  It would be very interesting from a defensive standpoint.
  3.  Trae wants the Hawks to keep Capela around.
  4.  Capela actually has a really good contract.

Now, there are a couple of reasons why it would raise my eyebrows.

1.   It means it will be harder to get Okongwu more minutes, which I think he is ready for.
  2.   What would that mean for Okongwu's future in Atlanta?
  3.   Even though it is an intriguing defensive pairing, there is the issue of Capela not being able to defend multiple positions or defend on the perimeter.
  4.   Capela doesn't bring anything offensively outside of rim running.  

The way you have seen them use their centers in Las Vegas, Capela cannot do that.  I think Okongwu can long term.  The shooting ability is there but hasn't been coached up.  With Capela, he is what he is at this point.  This isn't going to be Al Horford going from shooting 0.1 three point attempts per game during his first few years in Atlanta to shooting 5-6 a game under Bud.  

Depth is important, and Okongwu would be the best back up big in the game.  However, he is going to want to start at some point, and the longer you go with Capela, the more his value is going to decline.  Within five years, you are going to see centers that cannot defend multiple positions on the floor disappear.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So how do we make up the salary difference between Hunter ($20) and Siakam ($37)?

There are ideas of Hunter + Bogi + pick. I don't like sending Bogi but Raptors need shooting (so do we... smh)

Edited by theheroatl

Just now, theheroatl said:

There are ideas of Hunter + Bogi + pick

Bogi cannot be traded until October, and even then, signing him to an extension was the first thing they did after Quin came on board.  They aren't going to trade Bogi this year.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Bogi cannot be traded until October, and even then, signing him to an extension was the first thing they did after Quin came on board.  They aren't going to trade Bogi this year.  

Right. This was some Raptor fan idea.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

There are ideas of Hunter + Bogi + pick. I don't like sending Bogi but Raptors need shooting (so do we... smh)

Pass, and he can't be included in a trade until Sept.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, timebomb said:

I just tried the trade machine and basically with Hunter combined with Mills and then if you include AJ then add any player on the team making less than AJ so Vic Bruno JJ Mathews. All those trades work. 

Mills cannot be combined with another player in a trade for 2 months.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Hunter + Mills + Bufkin works financially...we'd just have to wait until August 2nd.

image.thumb.png.2e3bb69de0d41ffecac45ff5c43f0512.png

Add Kings’ 1st… take it or leave it (when Mills is eligible). I’m done with this circus.

1BEB02B3-AE5F-4514-A3A4-66A23C81215B.png

Edited by Hawkish
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Interesting we make the Mills trade official but the FO is totally silent about Mills and what he brings.

well it has only been a few hour since it was made official.