• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

I'm not an insider, but I think Capela will get moved.  They want to extend OO, and it will be hard to do that if you aren't giving him a starting opportunity.  Also, OO fits how they want to play going forward better than Clint.  He can defend multiple positions.  He has more offensive versatility.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

A front court of Siakam and Capela is very interesting for a few reasons.

1.  It would clearly signal that they are all in on winning now.
  2.  It would be very interesting from a defensive standpoint.
  3.  Trae wants the Hawks to keep Capela around.
  4.  Capela actually has a really good contract.

Now, there are a couple of reasons why it would raise my eyebrows.

1.   It means it will be harder to get Okongwu more minutes, which I think he is ready for.
  2.   What would that mean for Okongwu's future in Atlanta?
  3.   Even though it is an intriguing defensive pairing, there is the issue of Capela not being able to defend multiple positions or defend on the perimeter.
  4.   Capela doesn't bring anything offensively outside of rim running.  

The way you have seen them use their centers in Las Vegas, Capela cannot do that.  I think Okongwu can long term.  The shooting ability is there but hasn't been coached up.  With Capela, he is what he is at this point.  This isn't going to be Al Horford going from shooting 0.1 three point attempts per game during his first few years in Atlanta to shooting 5-6 a game under Bud.  

Depth is important, and Okongwu would be the best back up big in the game.  However, he is going to want to start at some point, and the longer you go with Capela, the more his value is going to decline.  Within five years, you are going to see centers that cannot defend multiple positions on the floor disappear.  

I think OO is small for a center and I question his rebounding. And if he has the drive to go next level.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I've noticed this need to trade Clint that doesn't really exist with the Hawks unless it's to land KAT. The Hawks aren't trading Capela. They aren't trading Okongwu. They want both on the roster as a center tandem. If they trade Capela, it's because they landed KAT. 

I don’t see anything wrong with this while we still pursuit Siakam.

its a good idea to have quality big men in this league. There are certain matchups that OO should start and then certain matchups where CC should start.

This is smart thinking by our FO in my opinion…unless we get KAT of course.

25 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Someone better let Miami know that Bam Adebayo is too small

Just because two players have some similarities it doesn't mean they are the same player or will have the same career trajectory.

OO fouls a lot for someone that doesn't play a ton of minutes and he didn't exactly take a major step up last season. 

In his 18 starts where he played 32MPG his production didn't take a dramatic jump.

That's not to say that he will not develop more, but I don't think he has quite shown enough to be a clear cut starter at center. Surely not to be the only one that can get major minutes at center.

Sorry, Bruno has been a scrub so far.

A OO/Bruno combo at center doesnt look very good at this moment.

If OO is going to start this year, I think at PF is more fitting.

You got a player that is only 6'9, 240 and he averages over 3 fouls in only 23 mins, and he is supposed to play 32-34MPG at center with not even a legit backup? Sounds like trouble to me.

Edited by Plainview1981
  • Like 1

I would take a shot of bourbon every time someone mentions OO at PF, but my liver would never survive it.  Hawks fans just cannot get passed the fact that you do not have to be 7 foot to be an effective center.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hawkish said:

Saying superfluous three times is…well… superfluous.

Oh no! 3 different words he was intrigued by I just can’t remember the other two. I just thought to myself I’d like the new hire to read some of Stu’s writings, it would blow his mind 😂 

• Premium Member

Pascal Siakam’s own contract status remains one of the other major dominoes of this summer landscape. Siakam is entering the final season of his deal, worth $37 million for 2023-24, and he has left rival teams with the impression he only intends to sign the extension he’s eligible to receive this offseason if he remains with Toronto. If that stance remains as stringent as Lillard’s steady eye for Miami, how could a team such as the Hawks sacrifice the capital the Raptors surely would want to part with him?

• Like 3