• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

The problem being the talent Atlanta has that other teams want (AJ, JJ) are on really team friendly deals and are exceptional value at their projected production this season. Which is also why teams want them. It always comes down to money, player value...what you have to give up, make the salaries match, what it leaves you with.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, terrell said:

Based off of what? Not saying he isnt. Just sayin what makes yall think he's this guaranteed future All Star?

Yeah I like the kid but I don't think he going to be a star or anything..just a role player

26 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Let me also expound on value a bit.  I'll use my current favorite focus, Jalen Johnson.  Post all star break, here were Jalen's stats.

52.9% from the field. 30.4% from 3.  7.2 points, 4.6 reb, 2.2 ast, .9 steals, .7 blocks in 16 minutes per game.

If JJ just gives us what he gave us post all star break, steps into the starter role and gets 32 minutes per game, that equates to 14 points, 9 boards, 4 assists 2 steals 1.5 blocks per game....at $2.9 million.  Statistically, that's a steal and its very reasonable to believe he'd improve over 2nd half last year, not regress. To get a player of Siakam or KAT's ability, you're not just giving up a player, you're giving up his production per $ which with Jalen is off the chart (post all-star break).

I think these numbers above are very reasonable. Jalen got 20 minutes per game in 5 games in April and went 11.6/4.8/3.2/1.8/1.4. 

We can't replace that at $3 mil (vet min) at the trade deadline....we lose all financial flexibility if we don't stick to our guns in any Siakam/KAT/other trade....because they want our best value players.

Griffin in a deal isn't much better. He makes $800k more, produces a smidge less across the board but is already a 38.5% 3 point shooter and that has value for everyone on the floor.  Floor spacing is key in the NBA. Giving up 1 or both of these in any deal should be a non-starter.  Not because they're Siakam level today but because their value, cost per point, cost per PER is ridiculous.

This is precisely why we should keep them. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You win 🏆

Yea, why do fans think if a player has an exciting announcement, it's going to be a trade? First of all, players really aren't supposed to be involved in decisions such as trades. Particularly a trade where players are going out, that would kinda be throwing shade on the players that are going out by celebrating a trade. Teams also know trades can fall apart quickly or come to an impasse. I'm pretty sure GMs wouldn't be like, "I'd say it's better than 50% odds, go ahead and start teasing it on instagram.'' Obviously if a player has an announcement, that it's a baby, marriage, shoe deal, etc. is far more likely than a trade.

While a trade can happen any day, the expectation is the only big trade that will happen within the next 3 months is Dame and Portland feels the value is off right now 

Makes no sense why Minnesota or Toronto wants to sit on KAT and Siakam as their value will only get lower and everyone is looking at the 2025 2nd apron but it is what it is. I honestly think these teams would rather try to win then trade them for what they feel is a discount even if what could he available in December or January could be a bigger discount than now. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

$70 Million Dollars.....good lawt!!!

Jaylen Brown expected to sign biggest contract in NBA history worth up to $304 million, $70 million on final year alone

Adrian Wojnarowski on Jaylen Brown extension talks: It’s going to take more time. Brown and his agent have been talking with Brad Stevens, with Boston. Brown is leaving the country on Players’ Association business. They’re expected to re-engage again when he gets back. This is a deal that would be the richest contract in NBA history, it could be worth up to $304 million. In the final year of that deal, Brown will be making $70 million. When you’re negotiating contracts, it isn’t just ‘Hey, are we gonna give him the full amount, the max number?’ There are trade kickers that could be in the deal, player option years in a deal, payment schedule – there are a number of other things that go beyond the super-max Jaylen Brown is eligible for. These sides will continue to talk and they have a lot of runway this summer to get to a deal.

• Haha 3