• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, terrell said:

Probably not

But Trae has been above 50% EFG twice. His 2nd and 4th season(ECF year), and 49.9% in another. So he wont be below 50% every year.. Hopefully..

Yall seen this ? Hawks had literally the worst spacing in the league for our guards to operate with - tough to be efficient when you have to take hard shots cause your teammates aren't applying pressure when they have the ball

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Nah, it will most likely be an indication that the same a** posters chime in with the same a** concerns literally every year and pretend it's some new a** sh*t.  

That's not aimed at you MH.  I'm just sick of the same ol', lame ol' posters posting negative a** sh*t and pretending they're actually paying attention even though we all know they're not.  They're just complainers.  The sh*t is tiresome. 

Just gotta laugh it off Cagey, ppl gonna be how they are lol

It's nice though seeing a timeline of people's opinions change over time, imagine how fun it'll be when Supes says Trae is the Hawks goat in 15 years after he brings us a couple of chips 😛 (no shots Supes, just jokin around :))

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, akay said:

Yall seen this ? Hawks had literally the worst spacing in the league for our guards to operate with - tough to be efficient when you have to take hard shots cause your teammates aren't applying pressure when they have the ball

You need to be talking to Peo not me... Hes the one that brought up the EFG stuff for whatever reason..

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, terrell said:

You need to be talking to Peo not me... Hes the one that brought up the EFG stuff for whatever reason..

Ahh, was just responding to the last stats I saw to provide some context for why our guard's EFG was lower than expected

@Peoriabird, if we get rid of CC and add more shooting and playmaking from our front court I think everyone's efficiency is bound to go up.

Tough to judge when our players had Nate not putting them in the best position to succeed 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, terrell said:

Probably not

But Trae has been above 50% EFG twice. His 2nd and 4th season(ECF year), and 49.9% in another. So he wont be below 50% every year.. Hopefully..

That's why I said that the Hawk's success depends on their lead players and if Trae has a season that approaches 55%.  The hawks would be top 4.  And if Murray also approaches 55%, It would be  guaranteed.

18 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

That's why I said that the Hawk's success depends on their lead players and if Trae has a season that approaches 55%.  The hawks would be top 4.  And if Murray also approaches 55%, It would be  guaranteed.

You guys do realize you’re wasting your time because the Hawks offense has been top tier for years.

Now if you were debating defense and how to upgrade maybe that would be worthwhile.

22 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

It also helps if your other teammates and bench arent trash..

The role players have to step up also..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, akay said:

Ahh, was just responding to the last stats I saw to provide some context for why our guard's EFG was lower than expected

@Peoriabird, if we get rid of CC and add more shooting and playmaking from our front court I think everyone's efficiency is bound to go up.

Tough to judge when our players had Nate not putting them in the best position to succeed 

Give me an example where the superstar/Lead player's EFg% is under 50% and the team had success?  Just doesn't happen that often and Y'all expect it to happen here.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

You guys do realize you’re wasting your time because the Hawks offense has been top tier for years.

Now if you were debating defense and how to upgrade maybe that would be worthwhile.

I agree and if the team defense becomes better that would help tremendously but I still can't find an example where the team's leading scorer shot that inefficiently and team experienced success

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

I found 2

Allen Iverson went to the finals in 2000-01 with an EFG% 44.8%

Dwayne Wade won the Championship in 2005-06 with an EFG% of 49.9% But Shaq's EFG% that year was 60%

You should do this with true shooting percentages too.

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Nah, it will most likely be an indication that the same a** posters chime in with the same a** concerns literally every year and pretend it's some new a** sh*t.  

That's not aimed at you MH.  I'm just sick of the same ol', lame ol' posters posting negative a** sh*t and pretending they're actually paying attention even though we all know they're not.  They're just complainers.  The sh*t is tiresome. 

The Ignore button is a beautiful thing, kg. 😆  Believe me, it makes the squawk a much more enjoyable experience.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I found 2

Allen Iverson went to the finals in 2000-01 with an EFG% 44.8%

Dwayne Wade won the Championship in 2005-06 with an EFG% of 49.9% But Shaq's EFG% that year was 60%

Isiah Thomas Pistons 88-89(Champs)42.7%

Russ Westbrook 2011-12 OKC(Finals) 48.1%

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, terrell said:

Isiah Thomas Pistons 88-89(Champs)42.7%

Russ Westbrook 2011-12 OKC(Finals) 48.1%

Isiah Thomas EFG% in 1988-89 was 47.7%  But good call

During the OKC 2011-12 season Kevin Durant was the leading scorer  EFG% was 54.7%

3 hours ago, thecampster said:

finger affected us so much.

🗣️ for yourself 

image.gif.2a6fe782fb637c41c83cbea00ed0d5ea.gif

ps I disagree my boi Big O (ya screw it he ain’t here 😂) been in the gym workin on that touch from the perimeter. Don’t assume it makes an .. I digress.

15 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Isiah Thomas EFG% in 1988-89 was 47.7%  But good call

During the OKC 2011-12 season Kevin Durant was the leading scorer  EFG% was 54.7%

It was 42.7% in the Playoffs..

Yeah but you could say Russ was the "lead player".. 

KD left because of it..

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, terrell said:

It was 42.7% in the Playoffs..

Yeah but you could say Russ was the "lead player".. 

KD left because of it..

I said leading scorer and I went by regular season stats because its a bigger sample size