• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, AHF said:

Add me to the list of people who just laugh at the idea of CC adding a functional jump shot.  Frankly, if he does it this offseason it will make me wonder wtf he was doing all these years beforehand if that was all it took.  Just never worked on it before even when it was the gaping hole in your game and was hurting your teammates?  Nah.  I don’t think CC is that kind of lazy.  Just a skill he doesn’t have and almost certainly never will.

I agree.  I don’t see a true jumper for Clint coming.  Making his layups would be nice though.  And of course his FT for GM.

by the way @Gray Mule how you feeling?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Clint working on a hook shot:

They do that in a game, center taking ball from right of elbow to left free throw line, into paint and hook and guards are gonna steal that all day.  You're just begging for a 2 guard to double that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, thecampster said:

They do that in a game, center taking ball from right of elbow to left free throw line, into paint and hook and guards are gonna steal that all day.  You're just begging for a 2 guard to double that.

Agreed. I get annoyed at these practice drills that they can’t use in a game. A big would need to be able to pick up that dribble and pass to a spot up shooter more than likely in that scenario. The only bigs getting to the hook shot from that starting point are Jokic, Embiid, and KAT. Everyone else is getting ripped off in the lane.

• Like 1

Short update: Hunter

Trade chatter has started up in the background around Hunter.  Nets, Philly, Charlotte, Clips, Portland around teams mentioned with interest. I haven't looked at what the trades would be. This is early in the chatter.

Low chance anything gets done before camp but interesting there's been conversations again.

• Thanks 4

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Short update: Hunter

Trade chatter has started up in the background around Hunter.  Nets, Philly, Charlotte, Clips, Portland around teams mentioned with interest. I haven't looked at what the trades would be. This is early in the chatter.

Low chance anything gets done before camp but interesting there's been conversations again.

Nets - DFS +

Philly - not much except Paul Reed

Charlotte - SnT for PJ Washington 

Clips - ???.

Portland - even more ??????

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Question is if the entire league is looking at paying Hunter his full contract and thinking, "Ugh that's gross."  Honest question about his value.

There's a feeling that Hunter is better than he's showing on the Hawks.  Feeling that he has less room to work with Capela always in the lane, Trae demanding the ball so much.  The feeling is on a team with a ranged center, etc, Hunter could evolve into a very good iso option/2nd option.  I don't see him having that much talent but it only takes 1 team paying that for him.

There is also no knowing what the offers/discussions are yet and who started them (us/them).

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, thecampster said:

There's a feeling that Hunter is better than he's showing on the Hawks.  Feeling that he has less room to work with Capela always in the lane, Trae demanding the ball so much. 

That’s what Cam said.. 😐 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

I like Hunter as our 3&D guy with Snyder's guidance. I don't want to trade him for crap just to trade him. I feel better about what we did with JC because he really didn't fit anymore.

Ya it definitely opens space up for him to do his thing with JC out of the scheme. Having said that, JC wasn’t really a lane clogger per se so Hunter had chances. 

He would definitely be a better individual player as far as stats on a team without Trae and DJ but if he does what he needs to do, he could thrive under Quin..

One thing remains though, he needs to toughen up more and draw even more fouls and get to line to cash in on those Trae drive n dishes. 

Hunter has to progress and take it up a level or three.

• Like 2