• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

If the FO trades Trae young it’s going to be a huge meltdown for the city of Atlanta.

and as a reminder like Trae or not , you cannot win in this league without a star player.

i like Murray but he is not a star player like Trae is. 

im completely against trading Trae but if they do, hopefully they get a ton of unprotected lottery draft picks back in the trade.

Murray can run point but he’s not a traditional point or has the passing ability Trae has so if you trade Trae just make sure you get back good young talent and unprotected lottery draft picks .

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JTB said:

If we trade Trae we have to get a ransom back ….that’s a strict requirement in any negotiations.

image.thumb.png.3084c806555968446ebaf801d402c003.png

We should not accept less, but they aren’t going to trade Jones AND Murphy.  

When I look at options, there really isn’t a good one where we trade Trae from a player standpoint.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, JTB said:

If the FO trades Trae young it’s going to be a huge meltdown for the city of Atlanta.

and as a reminder like Trae or not , you cannot win in this league without a star player.

i like Murray but he is not a star player like Trae is. 

im completely against trading Trae but if they do, hopefully they get a ton of unprotected lottery draft picks back in the trade.

Murray can run point but he’s not a traditional point or has the passing ability Trae has so if you trade Trae just make sure you get back good young talent and unprotected lottery draft picks .

I can see Trae feeding a couple star players with his floor game and shot profile.  Problem has been when Capela declined defensively and offensively Trae hasn’t had a high enough level player to work with.  Capela and Collins/Gallo worked for a stint.  We need the right fit for Trae on the front court.  

Murray doesn’t have the same capability to distribute and get teammates easy buckets.  His offense is more iso heavy.  I can see him leading a good but not great team.  

• Like 2

I wonder if the Hawks end up trading DJM for Lauri... Jazz need a PG and with Lauri they aren't getting anywhere. 

Doesn't solve our defensive issues which is the Hawks FO M.O. right now

On 5/1/2024 at 6:04 PM, JeffS17 said:

Imo Trae and his camp (read: his dad) will be in for a world of hurt when they realize there is not another franchise in the league that will give him the free reign Atlanta has.  I doubt most teams would even want him for any kind of reasonable price with the exception of some bottom feeder teams that need butts in seats, i.e Pistons.

I waffle on whether I want to move forward with DJ or Trae, and I think it makes the most sense to move DJ, but there is definitely a part of me that struggles to see a championship path with Trae on a 35% of cap max in 3 years.

Agreed. Trae is not a LeBron, Curry or someone like that to where they have championships and such... He does not.

You get these delusional athletes that havent won anything, but they think everyone should bow to them. Not saying Trae is that 100%, but a lot of players start to believe their own hype.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

I wonder if the Hawks end up trading DJM for Lauri... Jazz need a PG and with Lauri they aren't getting anywhere. 

That would be great but I doubt we can complete the trade.

Once we know where we are picking in the draft, the writing will be on the wall in terms of how we can go about the offseason.

5 hours ago, theheroatl said:

My suspicion is the Jazz don't think they need a point guard that badly - they would likely prefer to keep developing Keyonte George in that role than have to bench him in favor of DJM and lose the frontcourt scoring presence Lauri represents.  

I am also not sure how a Lauri/JJ front court would fair defensively unless the team lands a Gobert like presence at center.

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

DJ needs to get stronger AND tougher.  DJ has only drawn 1 charge his entire career.  That's kind of incredible.  But it also shows that he does NOT like contact AT ALL on the court.  To get to that next level as a player, he can't shy away from contact.

shocked.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Revisiting the Hawks/Pelicans trade…. After further review….I love it!

doing my own research and seeing with my own eyes the progress Ingram has made defensively these past two seasons has just completely won me over!

The fact that the pelicans have built a top 10 defense over the past two seasons with Ingram adjusting his game and adding a big helping hand using his crazy length is truly impressive and very overlooked

…..yeah I’m woke now!…I’d take Ingram w/ either Herbert Jones or Trey Murphy in almost any trade that doesn’t include Trae or Jalen Johnson.

Hell throw in CJs bad contract please!….its worth the trade to take on a bad contract if you can get Ingram with Jones or Murray’s defense. Give them OO! Just get this deal done.

@Mikey was on point with this one…if we judge the last two seasons Ingram is a much better defender than Murray. It could be Murray not playing point guard but either way Ingram has performed better defensively with his crazy length at 6’8 or 6’9 along with that crazy ass wingspan! BI knows how to use his length defensively and that’s needed around Trae. Combine that with Murphy or Jones…this should not be that hard of a decision for our FO!…considering that both Murphy or Jones would start here, if you want a defensive upgrade with some shooting ability well here it is!

Starters w/ a trade of BI, Jones, CJ:

Trae, BI, Jalen, Jones, center (drafted)

Bench w/ a trade of BI, Jones, CJ:

Bufkin/CJ, Bogi, Bey, Mo Gueye, Capela (Bufkin should split minutes with CJ and Bogi to keep them fresh)

*IF pelicans prefer we take Murphy instead of Jones, we just make Murphy in the starting SF spot & Jalen continues to start at PF.

EITHER way…the vision is clearer now and it makes complete sense if we are in deep discussions with the Pelicans. I don’t think it’s too much , I think we are overvaluing certain players (again) and here’s a team willing to trade good defensive role players who can hit the 3 ball exceptionally well for a point guard in Murray….you jump all over that deal if you’re Atlanta!…it’s almost too good to be true that here’s another opportunity to put size and length around Trae. 

image.thumb.png.525083430905845431e9bf1242d90b9a.png

So you want us to give up Murray on a great deal and a rising star big in OO for Ingram’s bad contract, McCollum’a bad contract and Herb Jones, who the Pelicans likely will not trade?

Will there be a Hawks trade before or after the draft?  Who is drafted can and should have an influence on any trade.

Whoever the Hawks choose, I hope they can hit a very good % of their free throws.

:smug:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Will there be a Hawks trade before or after the draft?  Who is drafted can and should have an influence on any trade.

Whoever the Hawks choose, I hope they can hit a very good % of their free throws.

:smug:

We can make trades once the playoffs end and before the draft, like we did with JC's salary dump.

Make trades at/during the draft. (June 26th and 27th)

Make trades after the draft and before the new league year starts July 1st.

• Thanks 2

Love the enthusiasm, @JTB, but i disagree with a lot of what you're saying.  Ingram for Murray would only be a mild upgrade. NOP isn't trading Jones or Murphy with Ingram - therein lies the problem.

And the idea of trading Trae for any package from NOP is a non-starter for me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, JTB said:

doing my own research and seeing with my own eyes the progress Ingram has made defensively these past two seasons has just completely won me over!

The fact that the pelicans have built a top 10 defense over the past two seasons with Ingram adjusting his game and adding a big helping hand using his crazy length is truly impressive and very overlooked

…..yeah I’m woke now!…I’d take Ingram w/ either Herbert Jones or Trey Murphy in almost any trade that doesn’t include Trae or Jalen Johnson.

Hell throw in CJs bad contract please!….its worth the trade to take on a bad contract if you can get Ingram with Jones or Murray’s defense. Give them OO! Just get this deal done.

@Mikey was on point with this one…if we judge the last two seasons Ingram is a much better defender than Murray. It could be Murray not playing point guard but either way Ingram has performed better defensively with his crazy length at 6’8 or 6’9 along with that crazy ass wingspan! BI knows how to use his length defensively and that’s needed around Trae. Combine that with Murphy or Jones…this should not be that hard of a decision for our FO!…considering that both Murphy or Jones would start here, if you want a defensive upgrade with some shooting ability well here it is!

Bufkin/CJ, Bogi, Bey, Mo Gueye, Capela (Bufkin should split minutes with CJ and Bogi to keep them fresh)

*IF pelicans prefer we take Murphy instead of Jones, we just make Murphy in the starting SF spot & Jalen continues to start at PF.

EITHER way…the vision is clearer now and it makes complete sense if we are in deep discussions with the Pelicans. I don’t think it’s too much , I think we are overvaluing certain players (again) and here’s a team willing to trade good defensive role players who can hit the 3 ball exceptionally well for a point guard in Murray….you jump all over that deal if you’re Atlanta!…it’s almost too good to be true that here’s another opportunity to put size and length around Trae. 

Not getting herb with Ingram. It will be one or the other.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, JTB said:

Any trade that includes McCollum is unserious.  I would rather just develop our bench guards than have him suck up minutes from players that need to develop.  He's not a winning player and his fit with Trae would be horrendous -- they would set new lows for how bad a back court can be defensively.

• Like 3