• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

3 hours ago, JTB said:

I threw Herb or Murphy in with BI because it’s no secret they want to get rid of CJs bad contract…who I also threw in.

I will take Murphy if we can’t get Jones. It’s still an upgrade defensively for us either way.

If we take CJs bad contract I don’t know why they wouldn’t listen….especially if we give them OO in the deal to help offset the loss of Herbs defense.

Not if we are getting back Ingram and jones or Murphy….also I never said put CJ in the lineup with Trae. I said bring him off the bench with Bogi…just eat these last two years of CJs bad deal.

What was that trade again ? I thought it included BI and Herb.

Exactly….not sure if we get both but hell 1 is better than nothing 

Or you just take the hit and keep him (CJ) until his contract expires.

Plenty of teams would take CJ even tho I don’t like him as a player 

New Orleans countered with dj and OO for herb at the deadline. This gets a bit tougher at the moment cause of the contracts they have but I’m sure this will be discussed with BI/Cj going to a third team 

Ingram deal would likely be something like Dejounte and capela or something for BI + dyson 

• Like 4

If New Orleans adds three first round picks that are not protected or two picks and Dyson, then I’d consider that deal.  

Got to find a third team who actually wants Ingram or McCollum.  

3 minutes ago, Bonzaii58 said:

I’d be okay with this trade. I’d be onboard with picking up Claxton in the offseason too. 

I’d do it if I could find another taker for Ingram.  

12 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I want the Hershel Walker trade package from Minny… GIMME AWWWLLL THAT YA GOT!

Or better yet......

download.jpg.3350b9f8a6e284d40e1ebec7b52cbfec.jpg

Edited by terrell

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

One of my Hawks sources is fairly confident Ingram is coming to Atlanta and we're sending them DJM. Other pieces are involved and we're getting back at least one first rounder. 

Which defender is included? Gotta be one for the trade to move the needle for me. 

• Like 4

Trading for Brandon Ingram will be such a big mistake, particularly if it comes with the extension he wants.  Might as well trade for DeAngelo Russell and Brandon Simmons as well since we want overrated players who were overhyped as draft prospects.  

Edited by KB21

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_5-7-2024_7-36-29AM.thumb.png.6da7e9587a422d630335fd1ac88775dd.png

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

This is the TYPE of player the Hawks need.  Someone that has a big impact on the game without scoring.  

A Herb Jones.  An Isaac Okoro.  A Johnathan Isaac. 

I 100% agree. We have no dogs that hound teams defensively.

we have a team full of players worried about getting their stats.. whether they make it obvious or not.

Edited by theheroatl

14 minutes ago, KB21 said:

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2024/4/30/24145227/brandon-ingram-trade-rumors-new-orleans-pelicans-nba-offseason

This article details why Ingram would not be a fit for Atlanta, based on why he isn’t a fit in New Orleans.  

It seems you're not considering Ingram at all. However, we must entertain all options, including Ingram and others. Doing nothing could result in losing Trae, and currently, there aren't any better options available. Unless, of course, you're considering WLOC once more?

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, KB21 said:

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2024/4/30/24145227/brandon-ingram-trade-rumors-new-orleans-pelicans-nba-offseason

This article details why Ingram would not be a fit for Atlanta, based on why he isn’t a fit in New Orleans.  

Scoring is what he does and this is truly horrific (SSS granted):

In four playoff games, Ingram is averaging 14.3 points, 4.5 rebounds, and 3.3 assists per game on 45 percent true shooting. If you add in his two play-in games, those numbers combine for an equally uninspiring 16.3/4.7/3.8 on 47.2 percent true shooting.

This is not what we need from our co-lead scorer:

Both [Zion and Ingram] are offensively slanted players who work better with the ball in their hands and can’t space the floor from the perimeter.

This is not real good as a partner with Trae:

For Ingram, while he’s done a lot to improve his three-point efficiency, his shooting release is still slow. This makes it hard for him to loft a high volume of triples (34th percentile in three-point attempts per 75 possessions, per Dunks & Threes). As a general rule, when it comes to perimeter spacing, three-point volume is more important than three-point efficiency.

This is terrible:

Since Ingram and Williamson aren’t very threatening without the ball in their hands, teams can sag off them when they don’t have the ball in their hands and load up on the other.

This seems very ill-suited to the offense that I assume Quin wants to run:

Ingram struggles to make speedy decisions and play with pace, which can result in the bogging down of offensive possessions.

Does this align to you?

In Ingram’s case, [the team around him needs] shooting, defense, and a partner-in-crime who can create offense at a high level but also doesn’t need the ball in his hands to maximize his potential.

Given his contract demands, I'm out on Ingram.  Not in the sense that I won't cheer for him if we trade for him and he lines up in a Hawks uniform but in the sense that I can't really see a scenario where it doesn't end up being a mistake.

I've said before that DJM and Ingram are extremely similar players.   That is a problem even if Ingram fits better with Trae by virtue of his height.  Fitting better isn't necessarily fitting well and I don't think you can double down on trading for an All-Star who is a bad fit with Trae and expecting the kinds of results we all want to see.

• Like 2