• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I do have a ton of updates for other teams but only one from Atlanta

As of right now, it's a cold war for BI for Murray. 

Atlanta has offered Capela, Murray for BI, Dyson Daniels, and 21. 

NO has no interest in Capela and feel like they NEED OO. Atlanta counter back with Herb Jones which was turned down ASAP.

My belief is Atlanta wants the LA 1st which can be used in 2025 which NO has been reluctant to trade as well. 

I was told they both want to get this done under the 2023-24 cap which gives both teams more flexibility. 

NO has made it very clear, they want OO and see him as integral but Atlanta wants that asset that's LA 1st 2025 because that pick could end up in the lottery next year with no protections and its an excellent trade piece as other stars enter the trade market. 

This one will go down to the wire. Based on what I got, Herb Jones will not be moved.

So are you saying the only way Atl trades DJ and OO is if they get back BI, Daniels, 21 AND LA's 2025 1st?  

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

I’m going to take a few guess at this ….

its gotta be Embiid, Paul George, or ….🤔

Donovan Mitchell ???

Embiid is not on the market

PG is a FA 

Mitchell is still said to be a lean for Cleveland

Lebron is the wild card. Rumors are that he's strongly considering Philly or Miami. That LA might have to draft Bronny with 17 which they are likely to retain to keep him in LA. 

LeBron is the big dawg. PG is one that everyone wants but LAC really wants him back. They are trying to make the numbers work and they believe they will but it will be difficult and they know it too. PG wants to return but he's not against leaving either for Philly but Bron is the big dawg. 

Just now, REHawksFan said:

So are you saying the only way Atl trades DJ and OO is if they get back BI, Daniels, 21 AND LA's 2025 1st?  

^^^

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Jimmy Butler is another name on the market. His price tag is 3 1sts. Miami wants to be a player for Giannis. Thing is, they lack that young stud that Milwaukee is coveting like they lacked it last year when pursuing Lillard. 

Just now, kg01 said:

Rhymes with Bevin Dooker.

.... the Outsiders

😎

:Korver: Keep muh name outcho mouf! 

Booker is 100% not on the market. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

Jimmy Butler is another name on the market.

This is who I want without @kg01 whoopin me. Dude has IT. But hopefully he has more of IT left or just go get Don Mitch. But he wants to go to NY… buuuut how can Don play with Brunson but not Trae?..

The eggspurts will tell you how that’ll work in NY but not in ATL.

1 minute ago, Final_quest said:

Options to get picks:

Players please. I’m done with picks we gotta win now!!!! Picks take time and Trae ain’t got it it’s prime time now!

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Booker is 100% not on the market. 

Hey, I don't reveal my sources, hotSupes. 

12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

This is who I want without @kg01 whoopin me. Dude has IT.

He doesn't have consistent health to support Liami's asking price, imho. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Players please. I’m done with picks we gotta win now!!!! Picks take time and Trae ain’t got it it’s prime time now!

I think in this case they need picks to trade for players.  Jalen, Capela, and filler plus 4 picks for Giannis.  Something like that.  

• Like 2

Hmm.  Spurs have draft picks and cap space.  We could conceivably trade them DJ without taking salary back and use the picks for this super super star.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Embiid is not on the market

PG is a FA 

Mitchell is still said to be a lean for Cleveland

Lebron is the wild card. Rumors are that he's strongly considering Philly or Miami. That LA might have to draft Bronny with 17 which they are likely to retain to keep him in LA. 

LeBron is the big dawg. PG is one that everyone wants but LAC really wants him back. They are trying to make the numbers work and they believe they will but it will be difficult and they know it too. PG wants to return but he's not against leaving either for Philly but Bron is the big dawg. 

^^^

Why are we trying to help NO?  OO plays his role well and is on a relatively manageable deal.  The team fit may be an issue, but he is no throw in.  Ingram and his soon to be $45-50+M deal can kick rocks.  Murphy or Jones… or goodbye.  NO has similar pressure to win.  We don’t need to fold. 

Another thing, in a draft that is supposedly so terrible, what does #21 do really? 

On 4/28/2024 at 11:20 AM, NBASupes said:

GTA isn't a fit for us

The other two are obviously more valued than BI by their franchise and we did target them over BI. We just got shut down 

BI is a positive player, just not an impact player. 

Edited by Hawkish

• Premium Member

Mild updates?

All of my sources agree that Herb Jones is going nowhere. Pelicans don't want Capela, they want OO and DJ and as @NBASupes has said the sticking point is we want the LAL pick. Someone will blink first on this. My guess is it is the Pelicans because they are frankly closer to contending if they make this trade than if they sit o on their hands.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Mild updates?

All of my sources agree that Herb Jones is going nowhere. Pelicans don't want Capela, they want OO and DJ and as @NBASupes has said the sticking point is we want the LAL pick. Someone will blink first on this. My guess is it is the Pelicans because they are frankly closer to contending if they make this trade than if they sit o on their hands.

We aren’t a contender after the deal — no rush.  

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

We aren’t a contender after the deal — no rush.  

NO should feel some pressure to make a deal.  They need some change on their roster and BI is 100% gone after next year.  Every team in the league knows they MUST move him.  They have no leverage other than the competition between teams so it will come down to how many teams are going after him and how hard they are willing to go.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, ryandauwalker said:

If NO blinks first, what does the deal look like?

OO and DJ for BI, Dyson Daniels, LAL 1st and 21?

Tentatively connecting dots on my end here but yes

• Like 3