• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

21 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

The current trade, which includes OO and DJ for BI, Dyson Daniels, as well as LAL's first and '21, is viewed as a favorable deal. Although losing OO and not acquiring Jones is a downside, the benefit of having two draft picks this year and two next year (SAC/LAL) is significant. Moreover, if LBJ departs from the Lakers, their chances of making the playoffs in the West diminish, thereby increasing the value of that pick.

So, basically Dyson Daniels and two picks for Murray and OO.  That’s a bad deal.  

6 hours ago, Sothron said:

Also heard from my Twolf source the NBA at large suspects the Hawks are going to fake to get a wing in the draft but really get a true center with size and ability to defend.

Who in the draft do you think meets that. To me that's Kel'el Ware.  Don't want to get the center discussion started, but he's the one that has size and defends well.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Who in the draft do you think meets that. To me that's Kel'el Ware.  Don't want to get the center discussion started, but he's the one that has size and defends well.

Outside of Clinigan..if we are strictly talking defense centers I would bet Yves Missi is strong target. He’s this drafts Lively but in my opinion better.

I don’t like Ware for us. I hate to judge a player by their body language but man Ware doesn’t engage in defense. Woody comments about Ware are alarming to me also.

6 minutes ago, JTB said:

Outside of Clinigan..if we are strictly talking defense centers I would bet Yves Missi is strong target. He’s this drafts Lively but in my opinion better.

I don’t like Ware for us. I hate to judge a player by their body language but man Ware doesn’t engage in defense. Woody comments about Ware are alarming to me also.

What were Woody's comments?  To me these comments about him not having a motor are over blown. In Oregan, they were legit, but that had a bit to do with him playing out of position.   I don't want a one way, unskilled center on this team. Clinigan is a maybe for me.  Yves is way too raw and has no offensive skillset.

Ware has the combination to be a really good two way center.  All the others not so much to me.

Edited by marco102

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Not necessarily.  All it takes is two teams who want him.  The leverage that NO packs is they can’t credibly threaten to keep him.  He is GONE for a fact after next season.  They are buying into Murphy over him.

But he remains a mid-20’s volume scorer which tends to be a profile that gets overpaid in FA and desired in trades.  But if a team thinks that there aren’t multiple bidders who have a similar value for him, there is zero reason for them to raise their offers.  He is gone by the deadline, imo.  He could be a S&T candidate after next season but I have trouble imagining any deal where NO would be able to match incoming salary.

He will probably end up in Miami (or another big market) for a prospect, pick, and filler.

3 hours ago, KB21 said:

You are really stretching things to make it look like Ingram would be a good acquisition.  He’s a bad fit because he’s not a spot up jump shooter nor is he a POA defender.  You resign him to a contract that gives him what he’s going to want, and you will have a sunk cost.  You will not be able to move off the deal without taking another bad deal.  

Even if he were to completely change his shot profile and become mostly a spot up shooter who takes 50 plus percent of his shots from three, he’s still a bad defender.  

He’s not a bad defender tho lol

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Sothron said:

Also heard from my Twolf source the NBA at large suspects the Hawks are going to fake to get a wing in the draft but really get a true center with size and ability to defend.

It’s so early for draft news but if this t wolves source is right I can’t think of who he is saying because there is only one center that fits that description and he will be long gone by 10…

Ingram may not be a high level POA defender like Herb Jones, but he provides other needs that are also difficult to find.  All star three level scorer and good secondary facilitator.  You can’t just gang up on Trae.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Ingram may not be a high level POA defender like Herb Jones, but he provides other needs that are also difficult to find.  All star three level scorer and good secondary facilitator.  You can’t just gang up on Trae.

He also contributes to spacing issues because he dribbles too much and doesn’t shoot enough threes.  

Like KAT, Siakam, and all the other linked names before... Ingram is a clear upgrade for this roster. It still doesn't address defense but it's still an upgrade.

That's basically the consensus. As for DJM and OO... I'm ok with them leaving as long as there is a defender attached to BI like Dyson and FRP. 

I think Dyson, the Lakers Pick, and BI, and a lotto protect first = DJ and OO

image.thumb.png.c1965ea6145cdb9cf7dba843e96b196f.png

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Like KAT, Siakam, and all the other linked names before... Ingram is a clear upgrade for this roster. It still doesn't address defense but it's still an upgrade.

That's basically the consensus. As for DJM and OO... I'm ok with them leaving as long as there is a defender attached to BI like Dyson and FRP. 

I think Dyson, the Lakers Pick, and BI, and a lotto protect first = DJ and OO

image.thumb.png.c1965ea6145cdb9cf7dba843e96b196f.png

Right…when you think with sense it’s almost a too good to be true trade for the hawks 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Mikey said:

It’s so early for draft news but if this t wolves source is right I can’t think of who he is saying because there is only one center that fits that description and he will be long gone by 10…

I am passing along what that source said. I find it interesting that the NBA at large (that is how it was put to me) thinks the Hawks will fake wanting a wing but will really go for a defensive minded center. I don't see Clingan lasting that long either. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I am passing along what that source said. I find it interesting that the NBA at large (that is how it was put to me) thinks the Hawks will fake wanting a wing but will really go for a defensive minded center. I don't see Clingan lasting that long either. 

Kinda hard to say until we actually know the lottery order. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Kinda hard to say until we actually know the lottery order. 

Not really.  It's an illustration that..

(a) duh, that's a major need for ATL and

(b) draft order is inconsequential when the #1 prospect isn't significantly better than the 15 or 17th guy - it's more about fit and need.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Then you have to give BI a $200 plus million contract, which is a significant overpay for a guy who is not a top 50 player in the NBA.  

He’s not getting that. Not concerned that he will demand that and even if he did there’s no fear of losing him because no team will give him that.

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Might as well add Andrew Wiggins, Ben Simmons, and Deangelo Russell since they are all overpaid and overrated due to their draft status.  

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Ooh.  Let’s get DeAndre Ayton as well.  

😂…that’s why you’re my favorite poster. Did you look into the future and saw this coming our way?