• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

hace 30 minutos, Sothron dijo:

I have heard that Trae has already told the FO to either make the team a contender now or trade him and he wants to go to the Spurs. I was told the Spurs are offering 4, 8 and all our picks back for Trae. I was told this is the  most likely scenario because Tony Ressler doesn't want to give up our first ever #1 pick and wants to use it.

Trae hasn't talked about the #1 pick because he wants it used to get a superstar player, I've heard a name twice once from my source and once from @NBASupes but I don't want to repeat it out loud just yet until my source is cool with it.  It would cost us the #1 pick, Jalen and two additional firsts and I think Capela to make it work.

IMO that's too rich. I'd rather blow this up and start over than depend on two or three guys carrying a roster. Look at the Suns or Nets and how well that turned out for them.

Thanks for the info Sothron, at this point I would prefer Trae gone for that package

DJM/Sheppard or Castle/Bufkin/Bogi/Hunter/Gueye/JJ/Sarr/Clingan/OO. And we have Bey, AJ and Capela for an upgrade at wing. That is better than:

Trae/DJM/Kobe/Bogi/Hunter/Gueye/Bey/Giannis/OO/Bruno. We still small and weak at C and Trae and DJM don’t fit and we lack shooting, top 4 in the east at best and we would not have all the picks we have in the other scenario.

The team without Trae I think is a play in team and has a lot of picks.

JJ is going to be a star, same for Sarr, Giannis will be 30 this year…..

• Like 1

I don't know, wish giannis was a better shooter, but embid is a better fit with Trae but he just misses so much time.  And is giannis still that guy on defense? He not even in top 5 this year.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You missed the part, I can't confirm if it was Giannis, but our #1 pick is going OUT in the proposed trade.

#1 pick in 2024

Jalen Johnson

Capela

two future firsts

for 

superstar

How long do you think this will drag on before they make a decision either way?  I'm guessing the day of the draft is the ultimate deadline

• Premium Member

The suggested trade would definitely work.  However, assuming it's Giannis, how realistic is that he's asking out of Milwaukee right now?  Also, I don't think the Bucks are looking to take a step back at this point.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

Giannis and Embiid (who I hate) are the first guys that came to mind.

No way we trade all of that for Embiid.  Honestly, I’d be apprehensive offering the deal for Giannis.  Isn’t he about to be 30?  Do we not want to draft another player until 2030?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I have heard that Trae has already told the FO to either make the team a contender now or trade him and he wants to go to the Spurs. I was told the Spurs are offering 4, 8 and all our picks back for Trae. I was told this is the  most likely scenario because Tony Ressler doesn't want to give up our first ever #1 pick and wants to use it.

Trae hasn't talked about the #1 pick because he wants it used to get a superstar player, I've heard a name twice once from my source and once from @NBASupes but I don't want to repeat it out loud just yet until my source is cool with it.  It would cost us the #1 pick, Jalen and two additional firsts and I think Capela to make it work.

IMO that's too rich. I'd rather blow this up and start over than depend on two or three guys carrying a roster. Look at the Suns or Nets and how well that turned out for them.

Interesting, this is the confirmation I've been looking for.  The smoke was too much.  And that package for who I can only assume is Giannis, is way too rich imo.  I'd rather do a soft re-tooling and trade Trae to the Spurs than go all-in on Trae/Giannis, giving up our most promising young player in the mix, and mortgaging our future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, warcore said:

only the likes of Giannis, Embiid, Kawhi are worth that conversation. And even then, not sure if they're worth that at this point. Giannis is at least considerable for it. 

Maybe Jalen Brown, but he ain't worth all that. 

I'm not stressing either way.... it's Laundry's problem. 

Giannis is the only one that makes sense to me. 

• Like 2

The only person that trade makes sense for is Giannis and that is a lot even for him. 

They would need a strong plan to fill out the rest of roster. IF the star is Giannis and Trae is asking for him then I have to think that he’s  already had conversations with Giannis about this. 

Sounds like the dust could settle on this shortly before the draft 😬

Edited by Bonzaii58
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You missed the part, I can't confirm if it was Giannis, but our #1 pick is going OUT in the proposed trade.

#1 pick in 2024

Jalen Johnson

Capela

two future firsts

for 

superstar

tenor.gif

Thanks for the memories, I guess

I apologize if that is too presumptuous, and I wonder what the outcome would be if this does not succeed. We could become another Phoenix or Brooklyn, and currently, no one wants to emulate Brooklyn.

Edited by NekiEcko
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Sothron said:

#1 pick in 2024

Jalen Johnson

Capela

two future firsts

for 

superstar

This is an all in move but I'm not too upset depending on the player. Still have pieces to move and build around Trae and 'Superstar'.

Lmbo, ain't none of this happening. We should go get Vassell for Murray and take Sarr. Trae doesn't need another superstar. He needs allstars level talent (in this case JJ, Vassell and Sarr) and players that play their role. A superstar will make it easier, but the path forward for success is a soft rebuild.

Edited by marco102
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Interesting, this is the confirmation I've been looking for.  The smoke was too much.  And that package for who I can only assume is Giannis, is way too rich imo.  I'd rather do a soft re-tooling and trade Trae to the Spurs than go all-in on Trae/Giannis, giving up our most promising young player in the mix, and mortgaging our future.

I tend to agree. I have mixed feelings about all of this. 

also, I’d be curious to know how Trae is defining “contender”. We’d definitely be competitive if we keep #1 pick and trade Murray for another star or to round out the roster. But I don’t know if he would agree.

secondly,  if Trae is asking to be traded (because we can’t get said superstar) then  he needs to go to the team offering the best deal. I appreciate everything Trae has done but there’s no way I’d send him to the spurs just because that’s his preference. Absolutely not. 

if the spurs have the most compelling offer - then sure. But ideally we should get a star in return for Trae and we should do our due diligence if we’re going to let him go. 

Edited by Bonzaii58
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Let's just say for the sake of argument the Hawks are shopping Trae. Should the Hawks be honest and tell him they are shopping him, or should they lie and tell him they aren't?

I'm not doing hypotheticals today.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 4