• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
Just now, Bonzaii58 said:

I tend to agree. I have mixed feelings about all of this. 

also, if Trae is asking to be traded (because we can’t get said superstar) then  he needs to go to the team offering the best deal. I appreciate everything Trae has done but there’s no way I’d send him to the spurs just because that’s his preference. Absolutely not. 

if the spurs have the most compelling offer - then sure. But ideally we should get a star in return for Trae and we should do our due diligence if we’re going to let him go. 

Agree 100%.  I'm sure the league would love it if he went to the Spurs, and so would he, but that just means we have immense leverage.  We should be shopping him to teams like the Pels, Brooklyn, Magic, etc. and getting the best deal possible, assuming he wants us to go all-in right now and we're not willing (which I agree with).  We're just not 1 piece away from a championship, especially if we're giving away our second best player in the process.  We did not even make the playoffs this year.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Bonzaii58 said:

I tend to agree. I have mixed feelings about all of this. 

also, I’d be curious to know how Trae is defining “contender”. We’d definitely be competitive if we keep #1 pick and trade Murray for another star or to round out the roster. But I don’t know if he would agree.

secondly,  if Trae is asking to be traded (because we can’t get said superstar) then  he needs to go to the team offering the best deal. I appreciate everything Trae has done but there’s no way I’d send him to the spurs just because that’s his preference. Absolutely not. 

if the spurs have the most compelling offer - then sure. But ideally we should get a star in return for Trae and we should do our due diligence if we’re going to let him go. 

If/when Trae asks out, I agree the Hawks should do their due diligence.  I just get the feeling that the league made sure the most compelling offer would end up being the SAS.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

Wait Trae met in Atlanta today? That makes no sense if the FO is at the combine

all this sounds really really fishy from “sources”

That was me and it wasn't a "source", just something I heard from a guy I know that works with the team.  He didn't say where they were meeting, or who specifically, just that Trae was meeting with the team yesterday to discuss the future.  Could have been a scheduled phone call for all I know, or it could have just been a rumor, just to be clear.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

Yeah, I edited my post because I got a little too giddy with potential on that one.  haha.

and also we will be into or close to that second apron and we will not have a pick until 2030.  

I'm not worried about this.  All Trae wants is for the team to get better and stop avoiding the luxury tax or trade him. If he requested a super star player that is different. He said he wants to be a contender which to me means out of the play-in and a getting to the second round.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 4

ah ok guys gotcha

sometimes it just bothers me that people use “sources” so strongly when they are really just referencing the guy that helps harry the hawks wipe his butt or the gift shop dressing room attendant… those are more like “sauces”

Edited by theheroatl
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Wait Trae met in Atlanta today? That makes no sense if the FO is at the combine

all this sounds really really fishy from “sources”

@theheroatl

You been here for a while and you that Soth sources is on point, same as Supers as well.  

But right now, Trae needs to understand that getting a superstar does not guarantee you a championship or even a play-off spot and that this team will never have any control of their picks almost to 2030.  Too much of a risk.

• Thanks 1

This proposed trade framework doesn't make a lot of sense salary-wise. We can't pull off these trades with just Clint and Jalen's salaries. There would have to be more from somewhere else, and we are already giving up a lot with draft picks. Screenshot2024-05-14at3_28_56PM.thumb.png.bdbaed161e2846a1e827f310393c17d4.pngScreenshot2024-05-14at3_29_21PM.thumb.png.ac69c1de6fd5a5d54784564fe982a922.pngScreenshot2024-05-14at3_30_08PM.thumb.png.8f9f8879ffa42d0432806194c5fc8cb5.png

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NekiEcko said:

@theheroatl

You been here for a while and you that Soth sources is on point, same as Supers as well.  

But right now, Trae needs to understand that getting a superstar does not guarantee you a championship or even a play-off spot and that this team will never have any control of their picks almost to 2030.  Too much of a risk.

I’m ok with Giannis if DJM returns 3 picks

14 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Lmbo, ain't none of this happening. We should go get Vassell for Murray and take Sarr. Trae doesn't need another superstar. He needs allstars level talent (in this case JJ, Vassell and Sarr) and players that play their role. A superstar will make it easier, but the path forward for success is a soft rebuild.

Agreed, man. MKE fans would riot if they traded Giannis as would Spurs fans if they gave all that up for Trae.

Pipe dreams. 

Just now, AHF said:

Why would the NBA be eager to help the 31st largest media market in the US (San Antonio) at the expense of the 7th largest media market (Atlanta)?  I don't follow.

Only spurs fan fiction writers in the south central texas sweat shops are moving this theme forward.. I’ve seen the bot farms at work on the OpenPopsAI network

• Thanks 1

Take the #1 out of that trade for Giannis and I would consider it - since they would be unlikely to agree to that then:

I would probably rather take the rumored Spur's offer and retool around DM, Sarr, Jalen, and Onyeka with our packs back in all those future drafts.

Edited by mountainjim

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I have heard that Trae has already told the FO to either make the team a contender now or trade him and he wants to go to the Spurs. I was told the Spurs are offering 4, 8 and all our picks back for Trae. I was told this is the  most likely scenario because Tony Ressler doesn't want to give up our first ever #1 pick and wants to use it.

Trae hasn't talked about the #1 pick because he wants it used to get a superstar player, I've heard a name twice once from my source and once from @NBASupes but I don't want to repeat it out loud just yet until my source is cool with it.  It would cost us the #1 pick, Jalen and two additional firsts and I think Capela to make it work.

IMO that's too rich. I'd rather blow this up and start over than depend on two or three guys carrying a roster. Look at the Suns or Nets and how well that turned out for them.

The Hawks would be INSANE to turn that down.........

And they probably are.. smh

• Haha 3