• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

Just now, BangHolman said:

They can draft Dillingham, Castle, or Reed.

Yes, but Wemby is reported to want to win now.  They can still draft whoever they want, but these young players don't come in and contribute right away. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I'm with you 100% man. Giannis is not realistic for us and it's crazy people are campaigning to trade Trae and not DJM. 

I don't doubt we've had internal conversations about Giannis, but this feels like KAT 2.0 already.

Draft Sarr and use DJM to go get a wing.

I agree 100% but Giannis hasn't gotten out of the 2 round in 4 years and has played a total of 3 games the last two postseasons.  Given his game is built on physically dominating people i don't think it' far fetched to think they may try to move on while he still gets a big haul.  

But that last sentence is what i really want. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

Just pointing out that they have options that won't cost them a thing. DJ brings back KJ at best.

DJ is a much better player than that.  It's just the fit with Trae that's not working so we undervalue him.  When he plays point guard, he's at minimum top 12 in the NBA.  

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

They'd want Vassell's defense next to Trae. 

We want that. 

41 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Why do so many people want to stick Brandon Ingram on this team?

Apparently because you'd get lucky to get Keldon Johnson for him so why not trade him for a much better player in Brandon Ingram? 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

DJ is a much better player than that.  It's just the fit with Trae that's not working so we undervalue him.  When he plays point guard, he's at minimum top 12 in the NBA.  

Well, the deadline rumors were people like Quentin Grimes and a Pick, so it doesn't say much about his market value. Teams won't pay us full price, ever.

4 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

Well, the deadline rumors were people like Quentin Grimes and a Pick, so it doesn't say much about his market value. Teams won't pay us full price, ever.

Which is why he wasn't traded. 

There are some point guard needy teams out there.

New Orleans, San Antonio, and Orlando are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.  If they value him enough, you'll be able to get something of value in return.   I do agree that Vassell maybe won't happen, but he's much more likely than Giannis and is a better fit than Ingram, so why not hope that we pull the Vassell trade off?

Edited by marco102
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, KB21 said:

We can match the salary by adding Hunter to the deal.  However, the only picks we can actually trade in the deal would be the #1 pick this year, a 2029 1st round pick, and a 2031 first round pick.  Milwaukee isn't going to do that.  We can't trade our 2026 pick or our 2028 pick because of the stepien rule.  I guess we could trade the Kings pick, but that may not convey.  

Not getting Giannis...move on with this dream trades..there not going to do much as usual...

• Like 2

• Moderators

I do think we should do much better than the Grimes and a pick sort of garbage.  The last part of the season should be a strong advertisement for what DJM can do as the primary point guard for a team.  Not surprising that he looked better playing PG next to a SG instead of playing SG next to another PG.  

Compare FVV and DJM and I think DJM has a sizable edge.  FVV will be paid $41M next season which makes DJM a nice discount for a proven 20 / 5 / 6 guy who is under team control for years and is in his prime for the length of his current contract.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

I do think we should do much better than the Grimes and a pick sort of garbage.  The last part of the season should be a strong advertisement for what DJM can do as the primary point guard for a team.  Not surprising that he looked better playing PG next to a SG instead of playing SG next to another PG.  

Compare FVV and DJM and I think DJM has a sizable edge.  FVV will be paid $41M next season which makes DJM a nice discount for a proven 20 / 5 / 6 guy who is under team control for years and is in his prime for the length of his current contract.

The contract he signed also increases his value on the market. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

The ideal scenario, imo, is to draft Sarr and keep him.  Then create a bidding war to extract as much value for DJM as possible among the teams that need immediate help at PG.  Without looking it up, I have to think DJM would be the best value PG in the entire NBA that is actually available. 

If you can get SAS, NOP, and Orl to each focus on DJM as their top choice, you should be able to get a decent return for him.  Whether that's Vassell, Herb Jones, Isaac from Orlando or others, I don't know.  Just get as much as you can that will help us win now and Trae should be happy.   

Agreed. Thanks to the #1 pick and DJM, we have enough assets, as long as Landry does his job, to reasonably keep Trae happy. 

If reasonably keeping him happy isnt enough, well I guess thats a him problem lol. 

16 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I’ll just put this here:

That is nice but is it going to help this team in the next couple of years? We need defense in the worst of ways and keeping them, both is crazy, and the numbers has showed it as well.

35 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Which is why he wasn't traded. 

There are some point guard needy teams out there.

New Orleans, San Antonio, and Orlando are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.  If they value him enough, you'll be able to get something of value in return.   I do agree that Vassell maybe won't happen, but he's much more likely than Giannis and is a better fit than Ingram, so why not hope that we pull the Vassell trade off?

If we strike out on Vassell, Herb, or Mikal Bridges, I wonder if we could get back into the top 10 or 12 and draft Dalton Knecht? A lot of teams won’t like his age, but I think that’s perfect for us bc he can contribute now.

Fits that Huerter mold Trae has been successful with, but has a higher ceiling.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

Is there ANY possibility of a deal for Giannis WITHOUT giving up Sarr?  

None. The Bucks are not trading Giannis for just Jalen, two future firsts and salary. They would demand and get the #1 pick

• Like 1
  • Sad 1