• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, KB21 said:

It will take more than just Keldon.  Vassell works because his $29 million salary works.  They will have to add salary to Keldon to make it work.  

6 hours ago, Sothron said:

IIRC taking Vassell in a deal was not what SAS wanted to do. The salaries would end up matching to make things work. I remember Keldon Johnson's name being mentioned and then when I asked about Vassell I got the above answer. Then was told don't worry, they would just match salaries to make it work. So...other than Keldon Johnson coming back and Vassell apparently off the table I'm not sure who all that leaves but apparently whoever it would be is just there for salary reasons.

I'm late to this, but the Spurs have capspace so they can take back more than they send out. So no need to fully match salaries.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Afro said:

Hey I said the same thing about this hot chick I said I never wanted her and she wasn’t on my radar, this was 1998, I lied..

Lied like a dog cuz I couldn’t get it. There I said it and @kg01 is somewhere givin me the man 🧍‍♂️ nod. 

ps Don’t half  pull out :upsidedown:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm late to this, but the Spurs have capspace so they can take back more than they send out. So no need to fully match salaries.

They don’t have to match salary but they have to send more than Keldon’s 19 million.  

41 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Another person demonstrating you can be a huge Trae fan, and still see that Trae has flaws.  I get it.  
We don’t know the degree to which he leverages his power as the main gate draw for our franchise.  And let’s be clear, without Trae fan interest pretty much returns to die hard fans only.  
If you assert that he has misused or even that he appropriately uses his status to influence the roster, you are labeled a Trae hater and a bunch of other nonsense.

Yes, he uses his power, and I actually think he should at times, but it’s not always a good outcome either.  That’s reality, but it also doesn’t mean he is the shadow GM.  

That's not what me nor @Afro are arguing. His original post said he was upset with Trae for him giving the team an ultimatum  which hasn't been reported.  We are saying that's not a reason to be frustrated with Trae because no one has actually reported that. 

We are just trying to clarify what has been confirmed by reporting because some of the social media posts have made many assumptions about things that have not been said.   There are many valid reasons to not like Trae, but getting frustrated over some social media assumptions is just wanting to be mad when you can't find a report to support your assumptions and you are going off likes and vibes. 

Again, I don't care if you dislike Trae or not, but when you say you are frustrated at him for something that hasn't been reported to have happened,  then I'm going to try to bring some reason to your post. 

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

See Laundry, this is how you use the media to (a) squash a bogus rumor that could negatively impact your ability to do your job or (b) squash an actual rumor that could negatively impact your ability to do your freaking job.

:Korver: Laundry's washed, kg.  The King is ded, long live the king. 

To be fair, this is the most media exposure the Hawks have had since the ECF run and Landry probably isn't used to using the media to his advantage yet.  He looks utterly shocked people are asking him on for interviews.  Most NBA fans didn't even know he was the GM.

• Sad 3

Just now, marco102 said:

To be fair, this is the most media exposure the Hawks have had since the ECF run and Landry probably isn't used to using the media to his advantage yet.  He looks utterly shocked people are asking him on for interviews.  Most NBA fans didn't even know he was the GM.

No excuses, marqo.

:Korver:Ain't no grace periods, sun.  Getcho weight up, Laundry. 

Just now, Afro said:

King Kyle Korver?

Wait.....thats no good. 

Yeah, uh, maybe Emperor Kyle instead?

Fun fact, everyone in Korver's family has the initials KEK.  

• Haha 3