• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

See Laundry, this is how you use the media to (a) squash a bogus rumor that could negatively impact your ability to do your job or (b) squash an actual rumor that could negatively impact your ability to do your freaking job.

:Korver: Laundry's washed, kg.  The King is ded, long live the king. 

:blanky:

He said during his radio interview, they're not caught up in public perception, instead they're caught up in what we do and who we are :blanky:

It's like he doesn't get that perception does matter. Controling your own narrative matters.

• Thanks 4

44 minutes ago, Afro said:

36 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

BAahahahaha SPURS fanboys wetdreams squashed

Yeah, squashed but it will still come up, regardless.  Besides as long we have this issue of DJM and Trae, it will never die out.  Plus, there is no guarantee that BI will be coming here either.  So, we might be seeing the full squad back together in October.  

11 minutes ago, marco102 said:

To be fair, this is the most media exposure the Hawks have had since the ECF run and Landry probably isn't used to using the media to his advantage yet.  He looks utterly shocked people are asking him on for interviews.  Most NBA fans didn't even know he was the GM.

Most NBA fans don’t know that Brian Wright is the Spurs GM either.  

• Thanks 1

Basically what has happened is the media has heard that Trae will not be shopped, and they are framing the narrative.  

AA with the Braves always says don’t believe any rumors unless they come directly from him.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Yeah, squashed but it will still come up, regardless.  Besides as long we have this issue of DJM and Trae, it will never die out.  Plus, there is no guarantee that BI will be coming here either.  So, we might be seeing the full squad back together in October.  

I'd rather that happen than some of these trade scenarios.  

1 hour ago, Afro said:

Like I said they have no clue what is happening with him yet. But just cause discussions haven’t happened to this point doesn’t mean they can’t happen 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

.....we need to stop being pillaged by the Spurs.

:laugh1: Seriously the Spurs are like the ocean 🌊 and the Hawks are like me. We keep tryin to go in and they welcome us and then really have their way with us. Tumbling and twisting with our 🩲 half off.. :mellow: ..(metaphorically speaking of course) :jesus:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

My guess out of the three options I listed before:

We choose option #2. We keep Trae, we draft Sarr #1 and we move Murray to NO for BI. 

Team outlook:

Trae/Kobe

Bogi/Kobe

BI/Hunter

Jalen/Sarr/Gueye (sorry if I spelled it wrong)

OO/Sarr

In that scenario I can see the coaches at least trying a frontcourt of:

Sarr

Jalen

OO 

And based on matchups is where one player is listed at a position. Coaches usually consider your position what you guard so Jalen and Sarr would rotate on the wing while OO mans the center. It would gives us crazy length and switch ability on defense. Offense...it would be a problem but if Sarr can continue to develop his jumper like I think he can that could be a killer frontcourt combination...regardless of Ingram or Hunter. 

If that front court worked could see them trying to put BI at the 2 and the length would be bonkers.

I agree and think we could compete with that lineup. I wonder if Trae would view a move to get BI as a sign that we’re serious about competing. 

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

My guess out of the three options I listed before:

We choose option #2. We keep Trae, we draft Sarr #1 and we move Murray to NO for BI. 

Team outlook:

Trae/Kobe

Bogi/Kobe

BI/Hunter

Jalen/Sarr/Gueye (sorry if I spelled it wrong)

OO/Sarr

In that scenario I can see the coaches at least trying a frontcourt of:

Sarr

Jalen

OO 

And based on matchups is where one player is listed at a position. Coaches usually consider your position what you guard so Jalen and Sarr would rotate on the wing while OO mans the center. It would gives us crazy length and switch ability on defense. Offense...it would be a problem but if Sarr can continue to develop his jumper like I think he can that could be a killer frontcourt combination...regardless of Ingram or Hunter. 

If that front court worked could see them trying to put BI at the 2 and the length would be bonkers.

I like option 2…it’s the best of both worlds a good draft and a good trade (in my opinion)…the only problem I see with option 2 is Trae and where his mindset is.

For option 2 you HAVE to commit to allowing that to develop. I believe that lineup can make it to the playoffs but will that lineup truly be a contender right away?? No…so is Trae going to sign an extension and allow this option to grow around him is the biggest question.

IF Trae is all good on this strategy then that’s great but something tells me he’d have an issue with this option. Not sure if it moves him to stay here.

14 minutes ago, Bonzaii58 said:

I agree and think we could compete with that lineup. I wonder if Trae would view a move to get BI as a sign that we’re serious about competing. 

Same question…does Trae see an addition of Sarr and BI as enough to sign long term?? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

I like option 2…it’s the best of both worlds a good draft and a good trade (in my opinion)…the only problem I see with option 2 is Trae and where his mindset is.

For option 2 you HAVE to commit to allowing that to develop. I believe that lineup can make it to the playoffs but will that lineup truly be a contender right away?? No…so is Trae going to sign an extension and allow this option to grow around him is the biggest question.

IF Trae is all good on this strategy then that’s great but something tells me he’d have an issue with this option. Not sure if it moves him to stay here.

Same question…does Trae see an addition of Sarr and BI as enough to sign long term?? 

@Sothron posted earlier that he believes that Trae is more likely to go with option 2.

• Thanks 1

@theheroatl’s HAWKS MOCK ROSTER 2023-2024 Version 1.02 Beta

Starters:

Alex Sarr

Jalen Johnson

Brandon Ingram

Marcus Smart

Trae Young

Bench: 

Kobe

Bogi

Bruno

Dre

Dyson Daniels

Pat Bev

Saddiq Bey

Trent Forrest

MO Gueye

Vit

AJ

Trades:

Capela for Smart

DJ and OO for Dyson and Ingram

Dunno how Pat bev got there.. think Bucks waived him after he annoyed Thanasis

Edited by theheroatl

3 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Starters:

Alex Sarr

Jalen Johnson

Brandon Ingram

Marcus Smart

Trae Young

Bench: 

Kobe

Bogi

Bruno

Dre

Dyson Daniels

Pat Bev

Saddiq Bey

Trent Forrest

MO Gueye

Vit

AJ

Trades:

Capela for Smart

Dunno how Pat bev got there.. think Bucks waived him

Blech on any lineup with Ingram.  

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, marco102 said:

That's not what me nor @Afro are arguing. His original post said he was upset with Trae for him giving the team an ultimatum  which hasn't been reported.  We are saying that's not a reason to be frustrated with Trae because no one has actually reported that. 

We are just trying to clarify what has been confirmed by reporting because some of the social media posts have made many assumptions about things that have not been said.   There are many valid reasons to not like Trae, but getting frustrated over some social media assumptions is just wanting to be mad when you can't find a report to support your assumptions and you are going off likes and vibes. 

Again, I don't care if you dislike Trae or not, but when you say you are frustrated at him for something that hasn't been reported to have happened,  then I'm going to try to bring some reason to your post. 

There are two social media items I'm bothered by.  One is the apparent apathy towards our pick.  The second is him showing support for this idea that management has failed to help him. That's what Kenyon Martin is saying and is not an assumption. Dropping a like on that is the same as anyone in here dropping reactions on our back and forth. 

Neither of these things are absolute fact. I'm not trying to rally support for an anti-Trae army. I don't care who agrees with me. The *IDEA* that Trae might be trying to play GM (like LeBron) bothers me so I'm taking a step back from the news and rumors (and trying to step away from the Squawk).

I'm not trying to invent things to be worried about, or dislike Trae over, or hating on him. What I'm seeing doesn't sit well with me. Particularly, the idea (RUMOR) that he's more interested in mortgaging the last couple of years on his contract to win now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Starters:

Alex Sarr

Jalen Johnson

Brandon Ingram

Marcus Smart

Trae Young

Bench: 

Kobe

Bogi

Bruno

Dre

Dyson Daniels

Pat Bev

Saddiq Bey

Trent Forrest

MO Gueye

Vit

AJ

Trades:

Capela for Smart

Dunno how Pat bev got there.. think Bucks waived him after he annoyed Thanasis

I don't hate it, although I'm not sure how realistic it is. Not sure Memphis is ready to give up on Smart. Not sure why they'd want Clint. Not sure Bev gets released. 

• Premium Member

And he is trying to win now. This is what he was saying in one of his latest podcasts. He wants to be in Atlanta, but he also wants to win.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I don't hate it, although I'm not sure how realistic it is. Not sure Memphis is ready to give up on Smart. Not sure why they'd want Clint. Not sure Bev gets released. 

Memphis made a mistake trading Adam’s and Landry convinced them of this showing them advanced alien statistics 

Pat Bev went on his pod and trashed Thanasis for ripping his leg while bowling and Giannis said he gotta go

Edited by theheroatl