• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, AHF said:

Bogi or not Trae and DJM.  PotAto, potahto.

Trae and Murray together were a part of a few decent performing lineups, just not with our starting 5.  Bogi is the only common player in our top 5 lineups of the year.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I don't view things in the same black/white lens as you so I think we just disagree on this one

Playing better players = better for the team.  That isn't a black and white issue and labeling it as such is a fallacy.

You will see that when Quin gets confident in a player being the best option, that player will assume the larger role.  You saw it last year where Jalen Johnson got the majority of minutes per game and jumped up about 6 mpg once he went from coming off the bench to starting.  (He dipped late in the year getting fewer minutes as a result of recovering from injury.)

My hope is that we'll see this next year with OO getting 30+ minutes a game and staying healthy but I hoped for that this year as well and it failed to materialize on both fronts.

• Like 2

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Trae and Murray together were a part of a few decent performing lineups, just not with our starting 5.  Bogi is the only common player in our top 5 lineups of the year.

Trae and Murray together were abysmal overall.  Just abysmal.  Bogi wasn't that special last year.  He gave us normal Bogi play.  It was just a dramatically better fit than playing Trae and Bogi together.  He gets a massive bump in +/- due to how bad they were together.

The reason that Bogi fits all these top lineups is not because this was his best season and he was the most impactful player this year versus other years.  It is because when he was on the floor it nearly always meant we didn't have the terrible Trae / DJM combo in the game.

Look at the games where Bogi was at his most productive and presumably most impactful.  Do you see any common element among his top scoring games this season?

image.png

(It isn't that when he was most productive that the team was at its best.)

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't think that will happen but if it happens I hope it happens ASAP so we can make moves with that built into the plan.  This is the most important offseason I can remember for the Hawks and choosing between Trae, DJM, or dumping both for a total rebuild is one of the most important elements on this offseason, imo.

I'm hopeful that it doesn't happen, but I agree that it's better if it happens sooner than later.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, cam1218 said:

@Sothron, @AHF, and tagging @JayBirdHawk who is always keeping us updated. If there are some big updates from anyone, can we try to get them in that pinned thread for those of us who lurk more than post. The updates get so lost with the discussion about them lol.

Feel free to flag any such posts for us.  Thanks!

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, AHF said:

Playing better players = better for the team.  That isn't a black and white issue and labeling it as such is a fallacy.

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

Trae and Murray together were abysmal overall.  Just abysmal.  Bogi wasn't that special last year.  He gave us normal Bogi play.  It was just a dramatically better fit than playing Trae and Bogi together.

You managed to contradict yourself before I even got to respond.  A better player can absolutely lead to worse results if the fit is worse.

Just now, bird_dirt said:

Wait, I thought you said he was an MVP candidate if we drafted him? Now he’s a 6th man for the most part?

giphy.gif.5916d2ebb244258a8f87044bf5fae45b.gif

With Trae, Luka, or Harden, yes. But in general, I see him as a 6th man

2 hours ago, KB21 said:  

I like him, but no.

I like Sarr but I think it’ll be a couple of years before he impacts winning. But I wouldn’t trade both DJ and the pick for him. I don’t know why nets would do this but if they were willing to take on Capela’s expiring plus the pick, I’d do it.

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Man Mikal Bridges would be nice. I’d trade anyone not named Trae/JJ/Sarr for him. Just don’t think we have the capital to do it compared to other teams who’d be calling.

Suns Mikal was nice, but he has to buy into a role where defense is his priority again.  But yeah, every team can use a guy like Bridges, so I doubt we would be able to work anything out there.

• Premium Member

I dont think our GM and front office has a clue to pick anyone.   It will be a Falcons repeat screw up.  Just watch.  

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

He said for the Hawks, not the draft at large. I *love* Reed Sheppard, he's my #3 prospect, but I wouldn't draft him for us either unless we trade Trae Young. 

I agree. Hawks don’t take him #1 but he is the best player available at 3 

I have 

1. Sarr

2. Risacher

3. Reed

4. Clingan 

Edited by theheroatl

3 hours ago, KB21 said:

My #2 guy to Sarr:

Crazy this guy is considered the #1 pick..

He Looks no better than Vit from what Ive seen of him..

They let us win this lottery for a reason.. lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

you take a rim running big number 1 and you are getting fired. I can't believe he wants to die on this hill. If they really wanted that archetype just take Missi mid to late first

They should've just traded Clint last year for the #10 pick(LIvely).. smh