• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's top 30 like Sap was. He's not a star. 

If you're a former 2 time All NBA player you're generally considered a star. He's definitely not a superstar, but a star nonetheless.

SAP never made one all-nba team to my knowledge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Damn, Luka has an 8.9 BPM. 

Yeah, BPM rewards players in heliocentric systems, and because Luka gets a lot of rebounds, he looks even better.  It's why Westbrook had a whopping +11 in his MVP year... when you use a stat that compares your performance to your teammates using only basic traditional box score, it's going to make players like that look ungodly, especially when their teammates are garbage.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Siakam is nice but I'd rather not give up a bunch of our young talent that I have been looking forward to watching Quin and his new coaching staff develop.  If we can get him and only give up one of AJ or Kobe then I'd live with it.  But I know Toronto is going to want a lot of picks too so idk.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Siakam is nice but I'd rather not give up a bunch of our young talent that I have been looking forward to watching Quin and his new coaching staff develop.  If we can get him and only give up one of AJ or Kobe then I'd live with it.  But I know Toronto is going to want a lot of picks too so idk.

I would have to pass if we had to add KB, AJ, or JJ.  Low cost, high potential players in a strong developmental program are too valuable.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

I would have to pass if we had to add KB, AJ, or JJ.  Low cost, high potential players in a strong developmental program are too valuable.

Probably why the trade hasn’t or won’t go down is Landry not putting Trae DJM OO JJ or AJ in it. Bufkin is an unknown.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Probably why the trade hasn’t or won’t go down is Landry not putting Trae DJM OO JJ or AJ in it. Bufkin is an unknown.

I agree.  It’d be odd to introduce Bufkin and discuss how he fits your team, etc., and then trade him two weeks later.

• Premium Member

We know that Hawks were shopping vets plus #15 all the way up to the draft. Now it's an actual player they didn't expect to be there, does that change the thought process?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

I agree.  It’d be odd to introduce Bufkin and discuss how he fits your team, etc., and then trade him two weeks later.

Right before Jordan Poole was traded, Dunleavy said he would be a Warrior for years to come. I mean, what else are they going to say? 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, JTB said:

This is a nice all around 3 team trade….

Gives us a bit of security too in my opinion if Siakam were to not reign with us. OO will be a much improved shooter under Quinn.

image.thumb.png.da1e92f54d89f15954d606e64881228b.png

This is better

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ya'll backtracked quick on BPM. 

I'm still thinking through if it's better to swap DM for Siakam, or to try for a big 3.  If I had to choose between Pascal and DM, I think Siakam is the better fit.  Anyways the FO seems like they are after a 3rd star so maybe they have a plan to keep 3 and pay all of them.  

• Like 2