• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

3 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I'm gonna put on my outsiders tin-foil hat now.. This Siakam saga has dragged on long-enough.

Tomorrow will be the 5 year anniversary of the Kawhi-Derozan Trade.

Siakam will accept the inevitable that he needs to be traded because the Raptors are suck/stuck.

Siakam will indicate to Landry and Masai that he will accept a trade and sign a 4 year extension with Atlanta if traded.

A 3 team trade with the Mavericks, which was already structured and agreed upon contingent upon Siakam showing willingness to re-sign with his new team, will then be submitted for processing to the league office.

The trade will be this:

image.thumb.png.52c49b1bbe2d404f09d76742ac774e43.png

Fallout.....

-There will be much debate on the winners and losers of the trade but at the end of the day, it gets each team what they need and want.

-Jalen Johnson fans will go to twitter to start the super-size version of JC  trade Hawks FO hate spree with Mrs. Dee or whoever on twitter calling for FO heads to roll.

-Outsiders will claim yet another victory on the Squawk further deepening the divide between Diesel and Sothran.  This will result in at least 10+ passive aggressive posts between the both of them before camp starts.

2 1sts and Jalen Johnson is too steep for a guy that doesn’t want to be here and is entirely too expensive.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Man those two are a match made in heaven.. I hope they are stuck together for the rest of their careers.

He has a 15% trade kicker, which is an extra $5 mil when traded. I'd want to be traded too to recoup some money.

I think he screwed himself....Besides Philly, Houston was the team most likely to give him a max deal, that ship has sailed. He might be better off trying to get an extension to the last year contract of $36.4 million.  I don't know which team will give him a 35% max of $149 mil next season. He will be 34 years this August.

• Thanks 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

He has a 15% trade kicker, which is an extra $5 mil when traded. I'd want to be traded too to recoup some money.

I think he screwed himself....Besides Philly, Houston was the team most likely to give him a max deal, that ship has sailed. He might be better off trying to get an extension to the last year contract of $36.4 million.  I don't know which team will give him a 35% max of $149 mil next season. He will be 34 years this August.

Judging by the lack of smoke from the Clippers side.. I think they said "yeah, we'll pass".. Those baffoons are stuck together now LMAO.

3 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

2 1sts and Jalen Johnson is too steep for a guy that doesn’t want to be here and is entirely too expensive.

The good thing is, if it doesn't happen we can get another JJ vs. AJ vs. OO debate going. Except now we can add Buffkin in for more meat.

Edited by theheroatl

37 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Agreed.  I love Siakam as a player, but he's just not a great fit with this team.  We don't need another below average shooter logging 35 min/game.  We won't win in the playoffs.  And we will have to pay him ~50M/year.  I'm also super high on JJ and we are going to give away 2 more 1sts?  

I have a feeling something similar to this deal is going to happen, and I will cheer for the team 100%, just not sure it's a great idea.  

I would do this for KAT.  Dude is a legit big and is lights out from 3 and would pair OO incredibly well.  We'd have the #1 offense in the league by far.

Edited by AtLaS
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

It's funny to me that I think about it from Siakam's perspective.   He's starting to feeling just a little taste of how we treated JC for the last 3 years.   His team is actively shopping him because they don't want to pay him.   Now if Only we don't let a deal go through and he has to go back and play for the Raps.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This is where I don't understand the 'Dan's thinking they're gonna make off with a mint from us.

Siakim can't go back.  Not really.  If he does, he's dead man walking because they seem to want to build around the player he's effectively blocking with his presence.  He's a man without a country.

We all see this.  It depresses his value, which highlights why Masai should've traded him sooner.

Don't expect us, or IND for that matter, to bail out that mistake.  No team was willing to bail us out for not trading Collins sooner. 

Spot on post. A+ for effort. 

All the Toronto leverage is gone.. that's why I think they actually ALREADY have an agreed upon framework. 

It all comes down to Siakam and his misguided statements about not signing with another team which spooks the Hawks FO from taking the deal.

Somebody like Rich Paul needs to give that guy a lesson on taking money that's offered. 

His agents seem very unqualified for a player of his caliber.

Edited by theheroatl

FAC CU.. :er:

Back to España

Facundo Campazzo back to Spain

i_6d_18_74_facundo-campazzo.png?w=190

Real Madrid and Facundo Campazzo have reached an agreement, ensuring the player’s attachment to the club for the next four seasons, up until June 30, 2027.Eurohoops’ previous report on a 9,000,000 gross three-year deal aligns with the reports from Spain, stating that Campazzo’s contract is worth 12,000,000 gross for the entire four years. It’s also worth mentioning Argentinian player still has a certain part of his NBA buyout to pay to Real Madrid. He will have the opportunity to settle the remaining amount over the course of the next four years.

via EuroHoops.net

Ps Paul Pierce just chimed in that Facu can’t pass as well as Brian Scal so there’s that.

• Haha 3

Just now, Hawkish said:

So September is when we’ll add a new member to ignite the ember and build a team to remember? 

Yes but with a caveat.

Talk of Capela to Dallas has heated up in the last few days (social media, nothing I've been told).  This feels like a fanbase temp check to me.  Might mean Dallas is checking if it moves the needle with their fanbase. Dallas is one of the teams rumored to be a facilitator in either trade with Tor/Minny.  So I find that suspect.

For the uninitiated, teams thinking of trading for a player or of up'ing their offer will sometimes leak the potential acquisition on social or traditional media to see if it resonates with their fan base. This activity around Clint smells like that to me.

Edited by thecampster
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Yes but with a caveat.

Talk of Capela to Dallas has heated up in the last few days (social media, nothing I've been told).  This feels like a fanbase temp check to me.  Might mean Dallas is checking if it moves the needle with their fanbase. Dallas is one of the teams rumored to be a facilitator in either trade with Tor/Minny.  So I find that suspect.

For the uninitiated, teams thinking of trading for a player or of up'ing their offer will sometimes leak the potential acquisition on social or traditional media to see if it resonates with their fan base. This activity around Clint smells like that to me.

Question: Will Clint be traded regardless of the other 'big' trade or only in conjunction with it?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

With KAT this is really about a game of chicken. If Minny decides to roll the dice and go into the season with KAT, and they are still a middling team, it will be virtually impossible to trade him at the deadline to any other team including the Hawks. Nobody is going to want to take that contract on for a guy that can’t lead his team to the playoffs let alone a championship. Edwards, Mcdaniels, and Gobert are the core of the team now and they need to focus on rebuilding around that while they can. On the other hand, we would be rolling the dice on KAT getting us over the hump this year. If I am Minny, I am moving on now.