• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

7 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Ben Simmons can be whatever position he wants to be in his mind, but what he can’t do is convince us that he isn’t a head-case with a broken game.

Simmons was starting PG of the #1 seed before we completely broke him.  The Sixers haven’t been the same either.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

Giannis is un-reliable to predict where he wants to be and for how long.

It's fools gold for franchises like Atlanta and Knicks to pine for him.

I don't think so.   You could say that about every star player.  Fact is he's a perfect fit with Trae and we'd be instant contenders.  It's also a bigger market without the bs of northeastern markets.  

• Like 3

• Moderators
16 hours ago, kg01 said:

Yep.  It's a good way for him to put up counting stats. 

I can't believe i'm defending Simmons.  I've never even liked him and those all star nods were bogus.  but he did it and the team was winning 50 games a year while he did it.   So yeah i'll take those counting stats all day.  

as others have said he's a head case that got exposed and now no one wants to trust him as a key player.  It's happened to better players than him.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I can't believe i'm defending Simmons.  I've never even liked him and those all star nods were bogus.  but he did it and the team was winning 50 games a year while he did it.   So yeah i'll take those counting stats all day.  

as others have said he's a head case that got exposed and now no one wants to trust him as a key player.  It's happened to better players than him.  

I don't know how valid his mental health issues are and I usually take care to avoid the "mob mentality" when criticizing players...but that last bit resonates with me.  Since the beginning of the Ben Saga, I was pretty much on the fence...eaning "he's still a very gifted player."  But you're absolutely right.  There are quite a few guys that couldn't get right after a mental breakdown - some of them being positively elite players.

There's also players who have come back from worse and gained all the respect in the world.

• Premium Member

Suns would be interested in trading Deandre Ayton for Jusuf Nurkic?

i_ba_04_4b_jusuf-nurkic.png?w=190

John Gambadoro: Let me address some of the Deandre Ayton rumors. The Suns have not been willing to move DA all summer because they think he fits well and there were no offers that would change that. If Jusuf Nurkic was on the table I would be surprised if the Suns didn’t look into it because an argument could be made that is an upgrade for Phx. This would be contingent on Damian Lillard being moved. Portland has previously shown no interest in DA but that was with Dame staying. If they do not have Dame on the roster they could very well want a young 25-year-old to build around. Vogel needs a defensive minded Center to build his defense around and Nurkic does fit that mold. This would be contingent on a Lillard trade and I expect do expect that to happen very very soon.

via Twitter
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I don't think so.   You could say that about every star player.  Fact is he's a perfect fit with Trae and we'd be instant contenders.  It's also a bigger market without the bs of northeastern markets.  

Plus Spud called it in 2019. 😊 

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Sothron said:

Nurkic to PHX, Lillard to Miami and Ayton to POR makes sense for everyone.

Only if you are looking to make Miami contenders and happy to live with regret of your big “asset” being Ayton.  That is a huge price to pay to just put things behind you.  I’d be pissed if I were a Portland fan.  As noted above, Nurkic for Ayton by itself is arguably an upgrade for Phoenix.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Only if you are looking to make Miami contenders and happy to live with regret of your big “asset” being Ayton.  That is a huge price to pay to just put things behind you.  I’d be pissed if I were a Portland fan.  As noted above, Nurkic for Ayton by itself is arguably an upgrade for Phoenix.

I'm in the same boat...

So Nurkic & Lillard for..... Ayton? WTF

I hope things heat up.. I want Lillard moved and Siakam moved. Don't care where because I just want us to be able to focus on the season with our roster and not have lingering trade talk up until deadline.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

I'm in the same boat...

So Nurkic & Lillard for..... Ayton? WTF

I hope things heat up.. I want Lillard moved and Siakam moved. Don't care where because I just want us to be able to focus on the season with our roster and not have lingering trade talk up until deadline.

You know  you do a good job in a deal where you give up the two best players!

Damian Lillard 2022-23:  11.5 WAR / +7.8 RAPTOR

Josef Nurkic 2022-23:  2.6 WAR / +0.9 RAPTOR (-1.1 OFF / +2.0 DEF)

DeAndre Ayton 2022-23:  0.0 WAR / -2.7 RAPTOR (-2.4 OFF / -0.3 DEF)

everything-is.gif

(Frankly, Phoenix should be thrilled to do a Nurkic for Ayton straight up trade and then Portland should be trying to get something for Lillard.  Nurkic is a much better defender and better fit for that team which has plenty of offense and a real heart check question on Ayton.)

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, AHF said:

You know  you do a good job in a deal where you give up the two best players!

Damian Lillard 2022-23:  11.5 WAR / +7.8 RAPTOR

Josef Nurkic 2022-23:  2.6 WAR / +0.9 RAPTOR (-1.1 OFF / +2.0 DEF)

DeAndre Ayton 2022-23:  0.0 WAR / -2.7 RAPTOR (-2.4 OFF / -0.3 DEF)

everything-is.gif

(Frankly, Phoenix should be thrilled to do a Nurkic for Ayton straight up trade and then Portland should be trying to get something for Lillard.  Nurkic is a much better defender and better fit for that team which has plenty of offense and a real heart check question on Ayton.)

Suns also save ~$15 mil in salary. My guess is they will also be sending an 'asset' to PTL to cover part of Miami's bill in the Lillard trade.

The only issue is Nurkic's inability to stay on the floor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Suns also save ~$15 mil in salary. My guess is they will also be sending an 'asset' to PTL to cover part of Miami's bill in the Lillard trade.

The only issue is Nurkic's inability to stay on the floor.

Nurkic's constant injury issues are the great equalizer folks are missing.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Nurkic's constant injury issues are the great equalizer folks are missing.

True story. Remember once upon a time when the Nuggs had both Nurk and Joke. It would be a fun matchup if they met in the western conference finals this year if Nurk went to the Suns.