• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member

I don't see why Terrance Mann would hold up the deal.  Clippers already have aging stars with injury issues -- might as well go all in and bring Harden in and hope the trio can get something going.  It is funny that the Sixers want a Maxey clone though, surprised they aren't targeting Poole too

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Smh, what's the difference between Terrance Mann and Tyrese Maxey?  Yall can't convince me those aren't the same dude. 

😂 EXACTLY

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Smh, what's the difference between Terrance Mann and Tyrese Maxey?  Yall can't convince me those aren't the same dude. 

One is 6'-2" the other 6'-5" 🤓

10 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I don't see why Terrance Mann would hold up the deal.  Clippers already have aging stars with injury issues -- might as well go all in and bring Harden in and hope the trio can get something going.  It is funny that the Sixers want a Maxey clone though, surprised they aren't targeting Poole too

😂 EXACTLY

I think it's more about getting value for Harden since they know the LAC picks are limited.

Poole is making $27 million, Mann is making $10 million.

• Haha 1

If this trade goes down and harden becomes a clipper for the package being reported ….does this make the raptors revisit trades for Siakam and make them face reality on the return  package they should expect to receive for Siakam????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, JTB said:

If this trade goes down and harden becomes a clipper for the package being reported ….does this make the raptors revisit trades for Siakam and make them face reality on the return  package they should expect to receive for Siakam????

Yes and the Hawks are back in it! 👀 

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
On 9/30/2023 at 5:50 PM, Sothron said:

I highly suggest listening to the Locked On Hornets podcast. Those two guys are awesome and funny. They have been following this train wreck for weeks. Basically Kai Jones is either having or had a mental health episode (the best way I can describe it) where he made crazy claims on social media. He also attacked his own teammates specifically Mark Williams and Nick Richards, the two centers ahead of him on the depth chart. 

If he's not either on drugs or having a mental health issue then I have no way of explaining his behavior in the offseason. He's a third string center in danger of being out of the NBA before this happened. After this? Yeah, I don't know how he comes back. 

Dude is just funny or gone completely off the rails. How do you not read the room? 

He needs some kind of help.

• Premium Member

Payton Pritchard, Celtics Agree To Four-Year, $30M Extension

OCT 8, 2023 1:23 PM

Pritchard_Payton_bos_210204.jpg

The Boston Celtics and Payton Pritchard have agreed to a four-year, $30 million contract extension. Pritchard is in the final season of the first-round rookie scale deal he signed after being the 26th pick at the 2020 NBA Draft.

Pritchard was a rotation regular in the first two years of his career, before being in and out of the rotation last season. This season, Boston is counting on the 6-foot-1 guard to be their primary backup point guard. For his career, Pritchard has averaged 6.6 points per game on 40% three-point shooting.

ADRIAN WOJNAROWSKI/ESPN

• Premium Member
DeMar DeRozan, Bulls In Early Talks On Extension

OCT 9, 2023 2:12 PM

DeRozan_DeMar_chi_211022.jpg

DeMar DeRozan and the Chicago Bulls have held preliminary talks on a contract extension, sources tell Jamal Collier of ESPN.

The Bulls initially reached out to DeRozan with interest on a long-term deal. 

The Bulls acquired DeRozan from the San Antonio Spurs on a three-year, $85 million sign-and-trade during the 2021 offseason. DeRozan has outplayed the contract by remaining one of the league's best scoring wings. If DeRozan doesn't sign an extension, he will become a free agent in 2024.

JAMAL COLLIER/ESPN

• Moderators
15 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:
DeMar DeRozan, Bulls In Early Talks On Extension

OCT 9, 2023 2:12 PM

DeRozan_DeMar_chi_211022.jpg

DeMar DeRozan and the Chicago Bulls have held preliminary talks on a contract extension, sources tell Jamal Collier of ESPN.

The Bulls initially reached out to DeRozan with interest on a long-term deal. 

The Bulls acquired DeRozan from the San Antonio Spurs on a three-year, $85 million sign-and-trade during the 2021 offseason. DeRozan has outplayed the contract by remaining one of the league's best scoring wings. If DeRozan doesn't sign an extension, he will become a free agent in 2024.

JAMAL COLLIER/ESPN

Long term?  What are the Bulls doing unless they can sign him super cheap.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 10/10/2023 at 9:46 AM, macdaddy said:

Long term?  What are the Bulls doing unless they can sign him super cheap.

I'm thinking their GM, who came highly recommended, is actually a dummy.  But it doesn't take much to look like Jerry West (as a GM) compared to what CHI had in place before him. 

• Haha 2

On 10/9/2023 at 4:03 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Dude is just funny or gone completely off the rails. How do you not read the room? 

He needs some kind of help.

What's in the water in Charlotte???

I mean this ain't nothing new -- look at what it did to Muggsy Bogues! He played C in high school. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 9/15/2023 at 12:25 AM, LarsV8 said:

We don't need anyone to eat him.

We can just waive him.

On 9/16/2023 at 3:24 PM, LarsV8 said:

There is no 16.8m next season. 

Right now Houston's options are

1.) Waive him, and eat his 1m guaranteed next season. 

2.) Trade his expiring contract + asset for another impactful player to a team looking to clean up their books. The other team would simply waive him and he would never report. 

Again Houston doesn't need anyone to "eat" anything. 

• Like 1